Jerry: the Cowboys will not look for outside help to replace Bland

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep position. Bland will return in a few weeks.

There won't be any "name" CB come cheap enough anyway.

I expect the Cowboys to PS a couple and if they feel short handed they can activate one up to the main roster.

Jipper

Reaction score
Guy is out 6 weeks with a minor surgery - 2.5 of those weeks are preseason. Should he need 8 weeks we have the benefit of the bye week in week 7. Our secondary is super deep so no reason to invest more there when we could use help at say tackle or rb or wr.

Totally get the view here, next cb up

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This is probably going to end up being yet another time when Jerry should have done the opposite of his first instincts. Call it the "Costanza Plan". Like when "Foles was not an option", and then he lead another team to SB that same season. Same thing when Brady was available.

And also, this is yet another nail in the coffin of "Wll McClay is the real GM".

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Deep position. Bland will return in a few weeks.

There won't be any "name" CB come cheap enough anyway.

I expect the Cowboys to PS a couple and if they feel short handed they can activate one up to the main roster.
IDK Dog......My guess is a guy like Howard or Peterson will cost no more than a $2-3M or vet min. I'd much rather sign one of them or another vet after the first game for insurance. I get the young guys have played well but we have only them in preseason. Know for sure they will be tested early and often. I'm not sure what Zimm's preferred coverage.....zone or man.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
FYI.......this makes me feel a little better if that makes sense (lol)

GoldenR

Reaction score
We'll just have whoever replaces Bland just line up 8 or 9 yards off the WR, especially when the opposing team needs 3 yards for a first. You all know what I'm saying if you watch this defense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where would Jerry look? He probably can't name all 52 guys on last years roster let alone survey the league to see who might be available and able to help.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
If Gilmore was available I’m guessing they’d bring him in but I’m fine with what we have. Hopefully Bland is back in no more than 6 weeks and the time will give the young guys some valuable reps.