Jerry: the Cowboys will not look for outside help to replace Bland

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok... so let's start upgrading for Parsons right now...

oh, wait we can't... In the realities of the business environment, (the least fun part of football), you are wise to shift financial costs to keep core and brand players, but let rookies develop in others, hoping for Will mcClay magic.
I never said upgrade one particular person.

Let me explain.

You know how teams like the 49ers and Eagles get better? They constantly churn their roster. They don’t do it to actually upgrade. They do it to keep their culture intact. Constantly having players play for their jobs even when they are paid.

The Cowboys culture that you seem to be ok with? They hand jobs to players just so they can look smart. Because they like their guys.

Why does Schoonmaker have to get better? Or Nashon Wright? Or Kelden Joseph? What does Dak have to lose? Rush won’t take his spot.

Jarntt

Reaction score
His tone suggests a hard no.......so that's out

That Jerry...just can't help showing his cards. Says No 5 times in one comment. For the record I don't think we should be looking for another CB at this point as long as Diggs is ready to go and I think he will be. Bland will be back for half the year or more and for the games that matter. Now we shall see if all the comments about Carson were correct, otherwise I think it will be Booth. I didn't think Scott was going to make the 53, but now I do. We only need one of them to step up as a #3. I'm not worried about someone playing a few snaps as a #4 when needed. That being said, if the right guy is cut this week and you can add him for relatively cheap, you do it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry should have just said, the Cowboys will not look for outside help, ever.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This is probably going to end up being yet another time when Jerry should have done the opposite of his first instincts. Call it the "Costanza Plan". Like when "Foles was not an option", and then he lead another team to SB that same season. Same thing when Brady was available.

And also, this is yet another nail in the coffin of "Wll McClay is the real GM".
"Can't afford him!!!" "Don't need him!!!" "We've got depth!"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
that means nothing
he might be something and he might not
counting on him to be a very good starter from the word go is ridiculous
Thank you. Exactly my point. He may work out but putting hope and order is a disservice to him and this team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Phillips, Lawson & Joseph?
Do you remember Griffen, Dontari Poe, and Aldon Smith? Same thing. He wasn't talking about cast offs or has beens when he said there will be no outside help. He was talking about legit outside help.

Cmac

Reaction score
This team has Fall Guys to blame this year...............Dak, CeeDee, Zeke and TBD to mask the dysfunction of our GM.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is probably going to end up being yet another time when Jerry should have done the opposite of his first instincts. Call it the "Costanza Plan". Like when "Foles was not an option", and then he lead another team to SB that same season. Same thing when Brady was available.

And also, this is yet another nail in the coffin of "Wll McClay is the real GM".
:hammer: .....Can't have enough CBs. Especially guys that can play man....the fact we won't get someone just screams how much zone Zimmer plans on playing. Gonna say it now....if Lewis gets hurt....we are screwed. We don't really have another guy for the slot.

John813

Reaction score
They are probably looking. It is just posturing by Jerry.

And guaranteed money may come into play. Go into week 1, see how it goes. If bad, then call up Howard and he's on a potentially non guaranteed contract.
That being said, X Howard has been trending down for years.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is the right decision by Jerry. The season has not even started. There is no reason to panic. Bland is one guy. I am sure they can find a way to cover for him while he is out.

The bigger problem for the pass defense is going to be the pass rush. It is all Micah. If offenses put two or 3 guys on him, I don't see where the Cowboys get any pressure at all. That could make life for all the CBs difficult.