Recommended Jerry the owner and ever the salesman

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Jerry the owner won’t fire Jerry the GM then he’s not a good owner. He’s only created this brilliant revolutionary revenue streams to take the pressure off of not winning.

Tex tried to pimp the ride too but he didn’t believe it could be done without success on the field. To Jethro’s credit he figured it out suing the league maximizing the shield and his label for profit and took them along for the ride.

The rest is just presenting a perception he’s trying to win which only includes doing it his way. Unfortunately he’s not willing to do everything within his power to win which doesn’t make him a great owner.

He did try it once but after winning back to back Super Bowls he didn’t receive the credit he was pursuing which all goes back to his socks and jocks which had been his pursuit of becoming a football celebrity since after his Arkansas days when originally attempting to purchase the Chargers.

The money and salesmanship just provides the mechanism and means to continue his lifelong dream of being a football guy all at our expense.

ICP

Reaction score
That post encompasses EXACTLY how I have felt for a very long time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're still here.....so he wins
You’ve never supported a product, business or entity where you don’t like or agree with the leadership?

We don’t have to like or agree and support all of the moving parts to support the sum.

He’s the most hated sports personality of our favorite sports franchise in the D/FW Metroplex. It’s complicated. Like still caring for an ex wife cause she’s the mother of your kids.

You get some kind of satisfaction that our owners egotistical selfish ways win some kind of jubilation over disgruntled fans ?

We are still rooting for our owners success because it translates to our teams success. But we can certainly complain all the way to the bank much like we might support our loved ones while not agreeing or supporting all of their decisions.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ve never supported a product, business or entity where you don’t like or agree with the leadership?

We don’t have to like or agree and support all of the moving parts to support the sum.

He’s the most hated sports personality of our favorite sports franchise in the D/FW Metroplex. It’s complicated. Like still caring for an ex wife cause she’s the mother of your kids.

You get some kind of satisfaction that our owners egotistical selfish ways win some kind of jubilation over disgruntled fans ?

We are still rooting for our owners success because it translates to our teams success. But we can certainly complain all the way to the bank much like we might support our loved ones while not agreeing or supporting all of their decisions.
Nope, my dad raised me not to be a hypocrite,, if I use their products and don't support them.....I keep my mouth shut.

bigE79

Reaction score
I like Jerry-the-owner, but I also accept he is who he is, and that is a salesman.

He has been chasing another Super Bowl win for 25 years like we as fans have, but he has been pumping and dumping the team on us every time we have some success.

He sells fans on what should happen every season, then sells fans on what should happen in the post-season the few times the Cowboys have made it, and then sells fans on "he will fix this" every time those things end in failure.

I do not fault him for being a salesman because it is who he is and to make money he needs the fans believing in the team and management regardless of the performance and results on the fields.

However, after 25 years, I have grown immune to his expectational sales pitches just as I have to would-have, could-have and should-have.excuses and future promises after the seasons end.

I enjoy the journey more now because I no longer expect anything from the Cowboys, which is a bit disappointing quite honestly, but it allows me to enjoy the season a lot more without worrying what happens at the end.

If the Cowboys lose today, next week, the week after or even in the Super Bowl, it was more than I was expecting so it was a good season, which is ultimately how Jerry wants fans to think.

The Cowboys fan base has slowly devolved from "We are going to the Super Bowl!" every season to what we get now which is every 2-3 years, "We are in the playoffs!" only to lose in the first or second round.

Maybe this year will be different .. I hope it will be, but at this point, every playoff game is just a bonus game so I will enjoy the extra time I get to watch the Cowboys play and hopefully they will one day finally give us more than that expectation.

As we all like to say ... GO COWBOYS!

:thumbup:
Exactly my feelings also,I used to have high expectations every year for the team,now I have zero...I will always love the cowboys but I'm at the point where I hope for the best but expect the worst,it's a sad state to be in but I just don't trust the offense to do what they should do with the talent they have...guess we'll find out in 1 hr....go cowboys.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Us older Cowboys fan at times are spoiled…we were/used/wanted success regularly. When in reality, many sports franchises go decades or longer with no success. The younger Cowboy fans are obviously growing impatient and want see a championship, as we all do…

At the end of the day if your watching sports for anything other than pleasure and joy you will disappointed a lot.

Jerry is who he is…he’s not changing now and neither is his kid…

so if the cowboys did not give joy I would not watch…

just my 2 cents.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not consider him a salesman, he is a pitchman. The difference is the pitchman just presents the product and it's features; it is up to the salesman to close the sale based on the benefits.

Fans have just been willing recipients of the pitch because they want to believe.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not consider him a salesman, he is a pitchman. The difference is the pitchman just presents the product and it's features; it is up to the salesman to close the sale based on the benefits.

Fans have just been willing recipients of the pitch because they want to believe.
I think he's a salesman because people are buying it, and he knows it. A pitchman just throws things out, while Jerry gets results, mostly by thriving off the history from the 90s and earlier years.