Twitter: Jerry thinks Collins may start this year?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There was an interesting talk on The Ticket today about Hardy and his negative influence on the team, especially the other DL because Hardy was such a dynamic individual... long post short... It was brought up that Hardy may have been a bad influence for Gregory.

That being said I think Gregory has the most pure-pass rush potential on the team.

IF he has his head on straight he can be a dynamic pass rusher.

Not a new story. That has been the dialogue for a while.

My thing is this, if we have this strong locker room, full of leaders, how does that happen?

Sounds like an excuse.

I am sure they will be easier to manage without Hardy. But that just speaks to weak leadership.

Ultimately, the coaches should control the locker room mentality.

They are the bosses and if they don't have that, that is on them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My thing is this, if we have this strong locker room, full of leaders, how does that happen?

Sounds like an excuse.

I am sure they will be easier to manage without Hardy. But that just speaks to weak leadership.

That's a valid point. Maybe the DL group just didn't have the leadership. Certainly outside of Mincy (who was staging his own holdout against management) it was a young group– You look at how fast the team dropped Coleman and then Bishop... Something just didn't smell right on the DL last season... And not it wasn't what Gregory was smoking. :) Does the DL line coach merit some culpability? Could be.

Hopefully they've banished the goofballs off the DL this season.

bark

Reaction score
I hope the kid shows enough to do just that jerry, but let's make him earn the right in training camp

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Sounds like an excuse.

How does a guy with a mental disorder get caught smoking weed because there are leaders in the locker room?

How does a guy get caught with drugs prescribed by his doctor when there are leaders in the locker room?

Are these real questions?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is his ideal weight at DT Vs DE, seems like a lot to ask.

He's like what 290ish?

I think he was 275 when he entered the league as a 3-4 DE.

I'd be more concerned with his lack of "quick twitch" to be an effective 4-3 DE (hence that's why he's an inside guy now) but over the first 4 games of the season, he'll at least anchor vs. run at strong-side DE and can bull-rush. On passing downs you'll probably see J. Crawford or Tapper take his place.

After Gregory/Lawrence get back, he'll go back inside.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I have high hopes for DLaw and Gregory this season.

DLAW had a nice sophomore campaign and could put it all together and Gregory has the most talent on The DL.

Zman5

Reaction score
Keep Crawford at DT and have Irving play DE until the druggies return. Irving showed he can rush the passer as a DE in the limited time he played last year.

Mayowa - Crawford - Thorton - Irving as the starting DL.