Jerry to put Jimmy in ROH December 30th

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love it! I never watch pregame and today I did. Glad I got to see it! Congrats to Jimmy!
I didn't see the pregame. Was Jerry clear on what year it would be?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Great Jerry pulled a fast one. Dec 30th, 1923

He corrected himself, but I can hear him saying in a couple of weeks, "Umm ... I said I'd do it in 1923, so umm ... when we invent a time machine, Jimmy will be inducted."

Motorola

Reaction score
Ware (deservedly so) becoming a ROH member whose Cowboys career started three decades after Johnson ended his HC tenure - was a really bad look.
Jones had to fast track it ASAP...before any other 21st century Cowboys players are recognized.

(Next up - Witten...then Romo.)

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Ware (deservedly so) becoming a ROH member whose Cowboys career started three decades after Johnson ended his HC tenure - was a really bad look.
Jones had to fast track it ASAP...before any other 21st century Cowboys players are recognized.

(Next up - Witten...then Romo.)
Harvey Martin & Charlie Waters first.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The differencen between us is, you want to give and apply 100% credit to Jimmy, and I'm saying they both need deserve credit, for different reasons. I don't think Jerry is some football genius.
I'll rephrase my opinion. I will give Jerry all the credit for hiring and staying out of Jimmy's way so he could act as the GM and head coach, a necessity to build a Dallas dynasty. I also give all the credit for our miserable, non-participation in the NFC Championship game over the past almost three decades to the fuhrer, who none of this 28 year draught would be possible without him handicapping the players and the coach and everyone in the organization with his micromanaging and football hubris. It would be so easy to hire a real GM and and a real head coach with actual authority but we have to wait decades because it has to be on the fuhrer's terms.

Motorola

Reaction score
Harvey Martin & Charlie Waters first.
Martin passed away over two decades ago...but Tex Schramm was inducted posthumously. You gotta know Cliff Harris is hoping for his safety partner Waters gets in.
Hard to believe Pearson didn't get recognized until 2011.

Rayman70

Reaction score
FkFz.gif
my feelings when I saw the announcement

ShortRound

Reaction score
Theory I heard on the radio on “why now” mainly it was that Jerry has Netflix cameras following him for his bio movie. Not saying it’s true just another angle.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
To be fair, it depends on what it was that happened. If a dude shot your favorite dog out of pure maliciousness, would you just forgive him? I'm not saying that's equivalent, but sometimes there's a reason to keep a grudge. Was Jerry's justifiable for this long? No. But he's a narcissist. We all know it.
Since I do not have dogs or really care for them, I will stand by my original point.

Sully

Reaction score
Mr. ForbesBowl had to put Jimmy Johnson into "his" Cowboys Ring of Honor. After close to 30 years of his pride and stubbornness, the business man first, screw up his speech to one of the the Legendary Cowboys head coaches ( Landry being #1), statintg Jimmy would be inducted on Dec 30, 1923. Jerry stating few years earlier, when Jimmy was being inducted into the Hall of Fame, made Jerry look like an idiot for not putting Jimmy into the Dallas Ring of Honor but the NFL would put the coach into their Hall. So Jerry had to steal some of that spotlight from Jimmy announcing few years ago, Jimmy was entering Dallas ROF. But as Dallas fan-actics know, Jerry sat on this, annoying Cowboys fans. With Jerry's health resembling "our current President", with making stupid/silly speech mistakes, Jerry needed to get Jimmy into the Ring before Father Time called him OR Jerry's resume would also lead off with "NOT PUTTING JIMMY INTO THE RING OF HONOR".

So Jerry, forgive Dallas fans across Cowboys Nation for not applauding you FINALLY swallowing your pride, once again, and put Jimmy into the ROH. If Jerry was in his 60s and not his 80s, Jerry still would not put Jimmy in the ROH. But Jimmy is entering and good for him to be in with Troy, Emmitt & Micheal.

Last edited by a moderator:

CCBoy

Reaction score
You weren't on the pay roll anyway...but the Cowboys are winning today even if you aren't rooting with the rest of us.

Motorola

Reaction score
Mr. ForbesBowl had to put Jimmy Johnson into "his" Cowboys Ring of Honor. After close to 30 years of his pride and stubbornness, the business man first, screw up his speech to one of the the Legendary Cowboys head coaches ( Landry being #1), statintg Jimmy would be inducted on Dec 30, 1923. Jerry stating few years earlier, when Jimmy was being inducted into the Hall of Fame, made Jerry look like an idiot for not putting Jimmy into the Dallas Ring of Honor but the NFL would put the coach into their Hall. So Jerry had to steal some of that spotlight from Jimmy announcing few years ago, Jimmy was entering Dallas ROF. But as Dallas fan-actics know, Jerry sat on this, annoying Cowboys fans. With Jerry's health resembling "our current President", with making stupid/silly speech mistakes, Jerry needed to get Jimmy into the Ring before Father Time called him OR Jerry's resume would also lead off with "NOT PUTTING JIMMY INTO THE RING OF HONOR".

So Jerry, forgive Dallas fans across Cowboys Nation for not applauding you FINALLY swallowing your pride, once again, and put Jimmy into the ROH. If Jerry was in his 60s and not his 80s, Jerry still would not put Jimmy in the ROH. But Jimmy is entering and good for him to be in with Troy, Emmitt & Micheal.
I think what forced Jones was backlash towards him for putting DeMarcus Ware in before Johnson. The first Cowboys player that played inducted that played only in the 21st century - but DeWare's career started over 30 years after the Head Coach's tenure with the team ended.
That was a very bad look; and it was going to get worse when a couple more modern day players will be deemed ROH worthy in the near future (i.e., Witten and Romo).
So Jones quickly addressed this prolonged mistake and headed off further embarrassment by honoring Johnson near the end of this season.
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Where have you been and what possessed you to wake up today and post this?

rags747

Reaction score

You will ever make it to the Turkey throwing down drinks the way you are at 8:46am.