Jerry to put Jimmy in ROH December 30th

McMicah

Reaction score
I feel like this is the type of thing that can get the whole organization feeling like it’s done right. Whether you believe in the curse or not, sometimes those mental debts being relieved make people believe they can win just a little more, and that might be all the difference

cowboyed

Reaction score
It boils your brain that JJ finally put Jimmy in the ring, huh? You think I don't remember your posts about Jimmy? That crap was started long ago.
And yesterday Jimmy in front of millions stated in effect that there weren't any real disagreements between he and Jerry during his time with the Cowboys as head coach. I think Jerry did imply that they both should have communicated more or better at times. Jimmy will be in the Cowboys RoH at the end of next month, and even though it's now vs. back then, there is nothing to complain about him getting his due. For those over the top malcontents, let's just appreciate two old football dudes who made magic and history when they were together.

J-man

Reaction score
Good move Jerry! He deserves it and this will make everyone happy plus get that elephant out of the room.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
One signed checks and the other built a dynasty. Big difference.
Not really. It takes working both in conjunction to make it work. It was a perfect partnership and both let egos get in the way. Jimmy wasn't successful when someone else was writing the checks and gave Jimmy similar authority.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He won the National Championship at Miami U. First coach in history to win both the NCAA title and the SB.
Should I even address the relevancy of this? Barry Switzer won a national championship, but we discount that. Everyone with a pulse knows the college and pro game are different. I love what Jimmy did for the franchise, but the fact is, when he was given the opportunity to do with another pro-team, without Jerry, he didnt. Jerry hasn't done squat either, so I am not propping him up.

Xeven

Reaction score
This will remove the curse and allow Jerry to win another SB before his death. Jerry should hire Jimmy as GM.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Interesting press conference, Jerry made a comment about not knowing there would be so much angst over putting Jimmy in, feels like he finally got sick of fans and the media bugging him about it.

It is awesome that Troy will be doing the game on the 30th as well.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Interesting press conference, Jerry made a comment about not knowing there would be so much angst over putting Jimmy in, feels like he finally got sick of fans and the media bugging him about it.

It is awesome that Troy will be doing the game on the 30th as well.
I think he got alot of heat for putting Ware in before Jimmy.
Even he knows it didn't make sense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
About time this happened. The man was responsible for getting us three Lombardi Trophies (I know he wasn't there for the third but the players he had were and that should mean something.) Can't wait to see it.
Aikman actually coached the team during their 3rd SB...in a sense.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Not really. It takes working both in conjunction to make it work. It was a perfect partnership and both let egos get in the way. Jimmy wasn't successful when someone else was writing the checks and gave Jimmy similar authority.
If you can't see the difference between the talent required to build an NFL dynasty vs a businessman who thinks his riches qualify him to be a football genius then ...

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
If you can't see the difference between the talent required to build an NFL dynasty vs a businessman who thinks his riches qualify him to be a football genius then ...
The differencen between us is, you want to give and apply 100% credit to Jimmy, and I'm saying they both need deserve credit, for different reasons. I don't think Jerry is some football genius.

RD21

Reaction score
Better late than never. Well done Jerry. Congrats Coach.