News: Jerry - Tyler Smith is our LT

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be without LT Tyron Smith (knee) until December, leaving the first-round rookie as the projected starter in his absence. Smith has been limited with an ankle injury of his own but the Cowboys don't expect it to keep him out of Week 1. Considered raw for a first-round lineman, Smith was penalized 25 times in his last 21 games at Tulsa. How Smith holds up on the blindside is a concern for Dak Prescott and the Cowboys' pass offense.

Source - https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...-its-safe-to-say-tyler-smith-will-start-at-lt

5daa028e7721ae5d74817a68_dqLNOFNwqI5qonP2gsu1hsZC3zS4fwTtYuHidjGxrbFHesRCUqI6jmPjhTUqVX-OUL60EjwGQIO-V-qSo29hnCDrMn1yDjYkGg5Mgh1av4NzJWSCeSHwVD0NQERjmJ7E1T5yXymM.gif

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
For week 1 he is. If it's a disaster between Smith at LT and McGovern at LG I would fully expect a move to be made and Smith moved back to G and a FA brought in for week 2.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
For week 1 he is. If it's a disaster between Smith at LT and McGovern at LG I would fully expect a move to be made and Smith moved back to G and a FA brought in for week 2.

No way they are that reactive. They have to expect some struggle, but seem to have made the decision that they will allow Smith to learn on the job.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What if this OL goes out and destroys the TB DL? Or at least hold up pretty good against them.

That could be fun on here. :muttley:

Could be a lot of disappointed fans on here if that happens. :lmao2:

To play off of your post, seeing as how Tyron Smith is out until at least December (at best), what happens in the scenario that Tyler Smith is playing really well at LT when Tyron Smith is able to come back? Does Dallas leave Tyler at starting LT (seeing him as the future) and tell Tyron he needs to play LG or RT?

That would be an interesting debate.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Whether you wanted or agree with Ty Smith being the LT, you have to agree that it's bad that JJ is the one announcing it.

I'm in Africa for the next year or so. I won't be going out of my way to watch any games this year. I just can't summon the enthusiasm for a JJ lead team anymore.

And his son is no better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You expect Jerry to admit he made a mistake, after only one game?

That's assuming it is a mistake. It's entirely possible Smith surprises us all.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Whether you wanted or agree with Ty Smith being the LT, you have to agree that it's bad that JJ is the one announcing it.

I'm in Africa for the next year or so. I won't be going out of my way to watch any games this year. I just can't summon the enthusiasm for a JJ lead team anymore.

And his son is no better.

Noo...please...watch the games...please.........no.....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To play off of your post, seeing as how Tyron Smith is out until at least December (at best), what happens in the scenario that Tyler Smith is playing really well at LT when Tyron Smith is able to come back? Does Dallas leave Tyler at starting LT (seeing him as the future) and tell Tyron he needs to play LG or RT?

At that point, Tyron should rest up, but be ready if needed.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
What if this OL goes out and destroys the TB DL? Or at least hold up pretty good against them.

And if they don't? Same result and answer. Thanks for the heads up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I say given Tyron's injury history. Make him the Swing Tackle for rest of the year.
Revisit it in the off-season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they don't? Same result and answer. Thanks for the heads up.

If they don't try again, or make an adjustment. Get the right mix out there. There is the option of bringing in a vet player.
What else can they do.

A lot in play. TS73 could do well, and the weak link is McGovern. Or some combination of both not doing well. Being the 1st game and all.

I can't see it being a Chaz Green type of a disaster.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Why would there be disappointed fans.

We would all be jumping for joy that somehow even though we weren't prepared properly we got lucky.

At this point luck is a staple of this fan base and if we happen to get some I don't see anybody being disappointed.