News: Jerry - Tyler Smith is our LT

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would there be disappointed fans.

We would all be jumping for joy that somehow even though we weren't prepared properly we got lucky.

At this point luck is a staple of this fan base and if we happen to get some I don't see anybody being disappointed.

The fans that want failure would be disappointed. :laugh:
I should have clarified that.

Sydla

Reaction score
No way they are that reactive. They have to expect some struggle, but seem to have made the decision that they will allow Smith to learn on the job.

Yeah, we'd have to have like 2-3-4 games in a row before the two doo doo heads realize they have a problem.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Smith gets destroyed week 1, I hope the plan is to have Whitworth on speed dial.

Sydla

Reaction score
To play off of your post, seeing as how Tyron Smith is out until at least December (at best), what happens in the scenario that Tyler Smith is playing really well at LT when Tyron Smith is able to come back? Does Dallas leave Tyler at starting LT (seeing him as the future) and tell Tyron he needs to play LG or RT?

That would be an interesting debate.

Intriguing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
To play off of your post, seeing as how Tyron Smith is out until at least December (at best), what happens in the scenario that Tyler Smith is playing really well at LT when Tyron Smith is able to come back? Does Dallas leave Tyler at starting LT (seeing him as the future) and tell Tyron he needs to play LG or RT?

I hope this happens ...... He could play right tackle with steel being our swing ....

Eric Williams was a fierce RT

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
As good as Tyron is he plays a bad game or 2 when coming back from an injury. Seeing as he's not back until December, if Tyler is playing well I can see them just leaving him on IR.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Well crap! I was having a pretty good day, until now!

You think today is bad. Imagine how you're going to feel first Sunday of football around 6:25 ET. Only thing on your mind is going to be that some dude in Africa isn't staring at his TV at 2:50 in the morning watching the Cowboys. I'm going to be sick just thinking about it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You think today is bad. Imagine how you're going to feel first Sunday of football around 6:25 ET. Only thing on your mind is going to be that some dude in Africa isn't staring at his TV at 2:50 in the morning watching the Cowboys. I'm going to be sick just thinking about it.
Well, at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing he's not declaring the game over by the end of the first quarter.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Glass half full kind of guy. I like it. Instead of being saddened I will take your approach and see the good in it. Thank you for helping me through such a dark period in my day.
Hey, you can't always make everything about him. Sometimes you have to do what's good for you.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Source - https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...-its-safe-to-say-tyler-smith-will-start-at-lt

5daa028e7721ae5d74817a68_dqLNOFNwqI5qonP2gsu1hsZC3zS4fwTtYuHidjGxrbFHesRCUqI6jmPjhTUqVX-OUL60EjwGQIO-V-qSo29hnCDrMn1yDjYkGg5Mgh1av4NzJWSCeSHwVD0NQERjmJ7E1T5yXymM.gif
Jerry also will tell you, that where his forehead used to be about a decade ago, is now somewhere around the middle of his back.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What if this OL goes out and destroys the TB DL? Or at least hold up pretty good against them.

That could be fun on here. :muttley:

Could be a lot of disappointed fans on here if that happens. :lmao2:
If you are a betting man, please feel free to PM me.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's really hard to fathom how the Cowboys have yet to bring in a Vet FA to help cover the the LT position and provide some depth along the OL. How many snaps has Tyler Smith taken at LT this summer after learning nuances of playing inside?

I guess being the most valuable franchise in sports is the trophy that counts most.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Absolutely they would and should.
Starting gigs are won and lost daily, and tenured, oft injured vets get replaced in this league by rooks every season.
Dont think for a minute that Tyron doesn't know this, but he could slide right back on the left side at guard at that point.
Tyron already understands it.
Thats if he even wants to continue playing.

erod

Reaction score
Worried less about him than McGovern at guard.