CFZ Jerry vs Stephen

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Stephen will want to cut Zeke and Tyron after this season.

Jerry will want to keep them.

Stephen has gotten his way with the cuts of Jerry pet cats like Dez & Jaylon as well replacing Garrett.

It appears that Stephen didn't really want to re-sign Gregory but RG was Jerry's pet cat. Stephen offered the contract but irritated RG/agent and they didn't sign it.

Stephen definitely didn't want to give Zeke the big contract but Jerry had a meltdown and insisted.

Stephen hates over-paying players relative to their contributions.

Zeke has a salary of.10.9M for 2023.
- It is the 1st time his salary is not guaranteed.

Tyron has a 13.6M salary for 2023.

Current year Cap hit does not matter with regards to keep or cut decisions. The non-guaranteed base salaries are the deciding criteria with regards to cap dollars in keep/cut scenarios.
- They save 100% of the non-guaranteed base salary if they cut the player. The savings might be spread over 2 seasons but they save all of it.
- They manage the cap on a multi-year basis, not on a 1 year at a time basis.

Fake news! You don't know any of this crap it just what you think. By the way, how can you read into the future? smh

Hardline

Reaction score
baseball-cap-isolated-on-white.jpg

space
Explain

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Stephen has gotten his way with the cuts of Jerry pet cats like Dez & Jaylon as well replacing Garrett.

It appears that Stephen didn't really want to re-sign Gregory but RG was Jerry's pet cat. Stephen offered the contract but irritated RG/agent and they didn't sign it.

Stephen definitely didn't want to give Zeke the big contract but Jerry had a meltdown and insisted.

Current year Cap hit does not matter with regards to keep or cut decisions. The non-guaranteed base salaries are the deciding criteria with regards to cap dollars in keep/cut scenarios.
- They save 100% of the non-guaranteed base salary if they cut the player. The savings might be spread over 2 seasons but they save all of it.

zeke and smith are both gone.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Stephen is going to be just as bad as Jerry, but for all the opposite reasons.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, most teams would take two first round picks for their franchised player, especially if it is not a QB.

someone else mentioned that as well and I agree. I do think the 2 sides will reach a deal and avoid tag.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what they decide to do with Pollard. Obviously, he could choose to leave if he's not franchised. What will the Jones boys do?
Jerry will want to keep Pollard. So will come up with a deal equal to top offers from other teams.
Stephen wiil propose a lesser contract that Pollard rejects.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would be nice to keep them both with substantial pay cuts

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

This is one area I am a Stephen Jones fan.
Did I just say that ?

rags747

Reaction score
I’m fine with drafting the best back in this years draft in round 1 if he exists. Pollard can walk and Zeke can stick around at a reduced contract.

links18

Reaction score
Jerry will surely want to bring Zeke and Tyron back. How that pans out for keeping Pollard, I don't know.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Jerry needs to shut up.

I like what I see out of Malik Davis and I'd be looking at RB's starting in Rd 3.

I'd cut Zeke and Tyron unless they want to re-sign as backups.

Pollard I'd like to keep him but I'm not breaking the bank, has to be a fair deal

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
How's about we let this year play out before we make personnel decisions. If we win a 'ship, I have a feeling Jerral may be able to convince his offspring to keep the band together for another run.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron should be an easy decision with the play of Tyler Smith this season,

If Tyron seems healthy when he comes back, I bet we roll with him again next year. No guaranteed money. Last year of his contract.

They're putting Smith back at G this year. Get rid of Tyron, and we have to go find a G for next year.

Real good oline with Biadasz and Steele entering contract years next year. They're gonna give Tyron every chance to keep playing.