Jerry was talking about Stanback IMO

DallasDomination

Reaction score
When He was talking about drafting a Wr. He said He believes to have good in-house players that can have a impact on this team.

Did anyone else get the feeling He was talking directly about Stanback?:D

Reaction score
Miles Austin will be the surprise WR in training camp watch and see.... He's talented and has good speed.

utrunner07

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2057443 said:
Miles Austin will be the surprise WR in training camp watch and see.... He's talented and has good speed.

he also is a pretty good return man....which everyone seems to forget.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I am sooo tired of hearing how these undrafted FA's and low round picks are going to serve the team well.....what have they done so far???

Miles Austin and Sam Hurd are nothing more than fringe players in this league and we have NO clue about Stanback.

They NEED to draft a wideout and since they stupidly passed on Mannigham, they better draft Monk or someone capable of contributing soon because I think this team has lost some ground to the Super Bowl Champs after today.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057655 said:
I am sooo tired of hearing how these undrafted FA's and low round picks are going to serve the team well.....what have they done so far???

Miles Austin and Sam Hurd are nothing more than fringe players in this league and we have NO clue about Stanback.

They NEED to draft a wideout and since they stupidly passed on Mannigham, they better draft Monk or someone capable of contributing soon because I think this team has lost some ground to the Super Bowl Champs after today.

The Lucky Sb Champs..WE didnt lose no ground to the Giants. We have a kick-*** Secondary now and better offense with Felix and Barber.

We still have T.O an Witten opening it up and Crayton is decent and makes plays( except in the Playoffs)

Stanback will be good...HUGE feeling about this kid, He ill help us out.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
utrunner07;2057574 said:
he also is a pretty good return man....which everyone seems to forget.
It's easy to forget since he hasn't done anything spectacular as a return man. Decent but nothing special.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057655 said:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Amen!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2057558 said:
:bang2: he probably means Terry Glenn

I heard I think it was Ed Werder yesterday say that Jerry said he thinks that he can get as much if not more production out of Glenn next year then he could out of any WR he could get in this years draft.

I think he's full of it.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
At this point in the draft, Monk is a guy whom I would like to see us pick, but with all these second day trades so far, who knows who or when...we will eventually pick again.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2057738 said:
I heard I think it was Ed Werder yesterday say that Jerry said he thinks that he can get as much if not more production out of Glenn next year then he could out of any WR he could get in this years draft.

I think he's full of it.

I would like to think/hope that we'll get something out of Glenn this year, but at this point, I doubt it.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
BlueStar II;2057766 said:
I would like to think/hope that we'll get something out of Glenn this year, but at this point, I doubt it.

This team shouldn't at this point count on Glenn for anything.

Assume he's NOT going to play and plan accordingly.

If he plays then it's a bonus.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
You would think with all the jock sniffing Stanback gets here, we would have actually seen the guy on the field.

I don't get it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057655 said:

I do think Stanback will contribute this year. But you are right about Austin and Hurd. Clearly they are marginal players and unless they shine in camp they need to find another climate. Without drafting a WR there is less risk they will be somewhere but they are indeed fringe players. Hope I'm wrong.

DallasDomination;2057711 said:
The Lucky Sb Champs..WE didnt lose no ground to the Giants. We have a kick-*** Secondary now and better offense with Felix and Barber.

We still have T.O an Witten opening it up and Crayton is decent and makes plays( except in the Playoffs)

Stanback will be good...HUGE feeling about this kid, He ill help us out.

The Giants made their luck. You might think about giving them their due. And they have had a good draft. Washington and Philly did so as well. We are in the toughest division in football. We're improved as well. Mario makes the Giants much more scary. He will be fine there. At least we agree that Stanback has a chance to really shine.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I can't believe that guys like Caldwell, Burton, Hawkins, Douglas aren't an upgrade over Austin and Hurd, that's my biggest beef about this draft.

QT

Reaction score
Calm down on Stanback. What is up with all the hype on him. I listen to the Michael Irvin show everyday and I don't hear one word about Stanback. Michael address drafting a WR and again did not mention Stanback.

Don't you think Michael would know something about Stanback, if Stanback wasn't "wow"ing anyone? Michael, who is Jerry's close advisor and one of the Cowboys all time greatest WRs?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2057738 said:

I think he's full of it.
Jerry made that comment, but it wasn't exclusively about Glenn. What he said was we could get as much or more production next year out of the WR's we currently have on our roster, than any WR we could draft. He wasn't specifically talking about Glenn. The interview was shown on NFLN.