Jerry was talking about Stanback IMO

Nexx

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2057443 said:
Miles Austin will be the surprise WR in training camp watch and see.... He's talented and has good speed.

Austin has no wiggle, cant juke out the kicker, at all. He has hands of stone. He is a scrub 4th or 3rd wideout for his career type.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Miles Austin will be the surprise WR in training camp watch and see.... He's talented and has good speed.

I agree with with you. Now if we were to get Schmidt/Hillis with this last pick that would be very good, but if we were to get Marcus Monk now that would be great because I believe he would be immediate help

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We have added 2 very good return men to the team this week,, I think Austin is done. He is not as good as hurd as a WR. His biggest asset was returning kick offs, but he won't do that this year.. he will be cut during camp if not sooner.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
We had an awesome offense last year with TO, Crayton and Hurd as our top three. If memory serves, our drives were usually stalling out more when Julius was getting stuffed at the LOC for no gain. Felix will be more key to our offense than folks realize.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2059012 said:
We had an awesome offense last year with TO, Crayton and Hurd as our top three. If memory serves, our drives were usually stalling out more when Julius was getting stuffed at the LOC for no gain. Felix will be more key to our offense than folks realize.

My memory tells me that teams learned to take TO out of the offense and we sputtered to an inglorious ending with the Giants coming into town and beating us. Not to mention the Wash and Philly game.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
TO was out against Washington and was just coming back against the Giants in the playoffs. Philly was certainly a butt-whippen, but that had more to do with Romo having an insanely "off day" vs. TO being taken out. Remember that TO was wide-open for a long touchdown early had Romo not majorly missed the throw.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057655 said:
I am sooo tired of hearing how these undrafted FA's and low round picks are going to serve the team well.....what have they done so far???

Miles Austin and Sam Hurd are nothing more than fringe players in this league and we have NO clue about Stanback.

They NEED to draft a wideout and since they stupidly passed on Mannigham, they better draft Monk or someone capable of contributing soon because I think this team has lost some ground to the Super Bowl Champs after today.
I keep hearing different people in this forum complaining that the Cowboys should of drafted a wr. The 1st wr drafted wasn't taken until the 33rd pick. So basically the rest of the NFL had the same opinion as Dallas that the wr class was pretty weak this year. They really liked Sweed and were hoping they could get him at 61, but Pittsburgh picked him ahead of Dallas. So lets say for the sake of arguing, that the Cowboys would of taken a wr. There would be no guarnatee that he could be better than Hurd, Austin, Stanbeck, or Jefferson. He could be a 3rd string wr at best.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Doubt it.

Austin had a shot Week 17 and he blew it over and over.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2057431 said:
When He was talking about drafting a Wr. He said He believes to have good in-house players that can have a impact on this team.

Did anyone else get the feeling He was talking directly about Stanback?:D

Or Jerry was just bluffing altogether.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057923 said:
You would think with all the jock sniffing Stanback gets here, we would have actually seen the guy on the field.

I don't get it.

Rookies sit on the bench(and learn) anyways-Reid does this all the time.

lspain1

Reaction score
abersonc;2059126 said:
Doubt it.

Austin had a shot Week 17 and he blew it over and over.

I agree....Miles "Hands of Stone" Austin.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Wanna bet?