Twitter: Jerry: Were proud of you Jimmy

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Look t that subtle shot

"...for what he is, great coach"

He got you 3 rings Jerry and helped you pay your debt. I think this ungratefulness is what is haunting you and preventing you form wining another SB.

Once Jerry adds Jimmy to the ROH he will win the SB the very following season... Book it

LOL

:cool:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry Ran Tom Landry out on a rail, with no class...YET after 10 years of ineptitude, Jason Garrett gets the red carpet send off and all the time he wants to say his good buys. lol...and Jerry just couldn't get enough of him lol..the love was kinda bizarre. TOM AND JIMMY got treated like total crap, yet were the winningest coaches the cowboys ever had. Does THIS make any damn sense at all, unless Jerry is so egotistical that he is simply jealous? I THINK ITS OBVIOUS. Dude wants it all..the credit..the accolades..all of it.

I said many times, Jerry is delusional and senile.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry Ran Tom Landry out on a rail, with no class...YET after 10 years of ineptitude, Jason Garrett gets the red carpet send off and all the time he wants to say his good buys. lol...and Jerry just couldn't get enough of him lol..the love was kinda bizarre. TOM AND JIMMY got treated like total crap, yet were the winningest coaches the cowboys ever had. Does THIS make any damn sense at all, unless Jerry is so egotistical that he is simply jealous? I THINK ITS OBVIOUS. Dude wants it all..the credit..the accolades..all of it.

Jerry's firing of Tom Landry is a whole story......books have been written about it. The only reason Bum Bright sold the team to Jerry was b/c Jerry wanted to bring in his own coach and was willing to part with Landry. Both Bum Bright and Tex Schramm wanted Landry fired. Jerry gets the blame but there is a lot more too it.

dckid

Reaction score
Depends how one looks at it. I didn't see anything wrong with it. Because for the most part it is true. There were several circumstances that made it all come together. People hate Jerry so will never give him any credit.
And since they hate him will scrutinize his every word. And rightfully so at times, but not all the time.

There are circumstances around every team's SB run. Patriots have had quite a few:
-Tuck Rule
-Clutch Vinaterri
-Lucking into Moss by the Raiders ( yes I know no SB win)
-Seahawks not running it in from the 1 yard line
-Atlanta having an absolute brain fart beyond human comprehension.. I could write a book on how bad that coaching was
-Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone

The list goes on and on. The team has to play the cards they are dealt.

Jimmy had luck of course he did. Drafting Emmit when he fell to him in 91. Plan B free agency with Jay Novachek
Vikings trading the farm for Walker. Jimmy did engineer that whole trade, he still had to make great draft picks to make it happen.
The most under rated aspect was him building a CULTURE at Dallas. He gave Aikman crap his first couple of years. The man was so dedicated to the Cowboys he divorced his wife.
He hated losing more than he enjoyed winning. Imagine if the Cowboys of the past 25 years had that culture????? We would have at least have a couple more rings.
If Jerry had half a brain we would have had 8 or 9 SB's as a franchise.
How long are the Cowboys going to milk this America's team? I am a lifelong fan and I don't even buy it anymore.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry's firing of Tom Landry is a whole story......books have been written about it. The only reason Bum Bright sold the team to Jerry was b/c Jerry wanted to bring in his own coach and was willing to part with Landry. Both Bum Bright and Tex Schramm wanted Landry fired. Jerry gets the blame but there is a lot more too it.
YEAH, I know...but my view was and still is, it could have been handled with more tact and respect. He had earned that much. MAYBE that's why he handled Garrett the way he did recently. MAYBE he is aware of this and he is trying to be a bit more tactful? Guess it could be possible,plus he is getting older and at the end of his rope so to speak. Now he needs to do the correct thing and stand there at half time, week 1, and induct Jimmy into the ROH.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YEAH, I know...but my view was and still is, it could have been handled with more tact and respect. He had earned that much. MAYBE that's why he handled Garrett the way he did recently. MAYBE he is aware of this and he is trying to be a bit more tactful? Guess it could be possible,plus he is getting older and at the end of his rope so to speak. Now he needs to do the correct thing and stand there at half time, week 1, and induct Jimmy into the ROH.

Uh, I'm pretty sure the fanbase has a much different view of the firing of Garret than it did of Landry. lol JG was reviled by most cowboy fans. Landry was beloved even after the team's struggles in the mid-80's.

Jerry handled Garret the way he did b/c they were close and it was more than a business relationship. They were practically family. Reports are that Jerry was still contemplating bringing JG back if he didn't like the interviews. JG's sales pitch was basically "whose out there that's available and better than me?"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Uh, I'm pretty sure the fanbase has a much different view of the firing of Garret than it did of Landry. lol JG was reviled by most cowboy fans. Landry was beloved even after the team's struggles in the mid-80's.

Jerry handled Garret the way he did b/c they were close and it was more than a business relationship. They were practically family. Reports are that Jerry was still contemplating bringing JG back if he didn't like the interviews. JG's sales pitch was basically "whose out there that's available and better than me?"
That’s was all about Jerry not Jason. Jerry was resisting making change because of his egoistical selfish ways not because he thought Jason provided them the best opportunity to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You give Jerry too much credit. That was all about Jerry like everything is with the Dallas Cowboys. Just pitiful Jerry was still looking for an avenue to retain Jason.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Wonder if Jed would've had these kind words if he wasn't already in the Hall 0f Fame?

Reactions: BAT

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s was all about Jerry not Jason. Jerry was resisting making change because of his egoistical selfish ways not because he thought Jason provided them the best opportunity to win.

Jerry has no clue what provided him the the best opportunity to him. He dragged his feet firing him b/c he's not familiar with other coaches. The backstory is JG was still in the running to return prior to MM's interview.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. Jerry had the lowest bid but Bums hardon for Tom was a factor.

The other factor was Jerry’s was a cash offer and Bum needed to satisfy his bankruptcy where the other two major offers were from Maverick and Laker owners who would have needed time to sell their majority stakes in NBA before being approved.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. Jerry had the lowest bid but Bums hardon for Tom was a factor.

The other factor was Jerry’s was a cash offer and Bum needed to satisfy his bankruptcy where the other two major offers were from Maverick and Laker owners who would have needed time to sell their majority stakes in NBA before being approved.

Cash wasn't the primary reason. It was more personal. The other 2 bidders wanted to keep Landry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has no clue what provided him the the best opportunity to him. He dragged his feet firing him b/c he's not familiar with other coaches. The backstory is JG was still in the running to return prior to MM's interview.
I think Jerry realizes his ways aren’t the best ways but doesn’t care enough to get totally out of the way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cash wasn't the primary reason. It was more personal. The other 2 bidders wanted to keep Landry.
I’m not sure how much lower Jerry’s offer was. It wasn’t disclosed. But the immediate cash offer was also a factor. I’m sure the fact Bum knew Tom would be fired sweetened the decision.

Fmart322

Reaction score

Put the coach in the ROH Jerry

And just as quickly as the stars aligned, they moved on.
Oh what could have been.
Had Jimmy stayed the Cowboys might have won 4 in a row. He could have had the most dominant team in a 10 year period.
Unfortunately, Cowboys nation was denied what could have been.

Reactions: BAT