Jerrys Comments today prove one thing

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
not gonna happen cause SJ is not a fan and honestly at this point all i think JJ is at this point is the voice that talks for the cowboys

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Jerry just imagines all the ticket sales from all the Aggies. All the press coverage from all the antics of Johnny football. He'll have a new circus to lead and JG his steadfast puppet and clown for all the fans to kick around.

JJ thinks he's the reincarnation of P. T. Barnum.

He has indicated more than once that you can't win it all every year, but you can sure put on a show.

His arena says as much.

And he always thinks his paternal wisdom will facilitate the coming-of-age of troubled young athletes.

This will not change until he passes on.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think he brought up Manziel. I think the radio hosts did.

It's still his way of saying 'see, I wasn't completely wrong because we could have used him!'

I am on the fence with Manziel. I certainly think he has talent and he seems to pick things up well. I think many people underestimate how incredible some of the plays he made in college and he has that Russell Wilson type of quality where he can throw it very well rolling out to the right or left.

The thing is that he would seriously need at least a year, if not 3 years before he was ready. Mainly his body size concerned me. He's short and thin which isn't a good combination in this league and he was learning a completely different way to do things (under center, huddle, etc). I also think that this is still primarily a larger QB's league. The Wilson's and Brees' of the world are extremely rare.

And then you would have to deal with the Dallas media and the team had bigger fish to fry at that point.

What bothered me was Jerry's claim that the team would be relevant for the next 10 years with Manziel. That tells me he's more worried about business than winning. And it's incredibly short sighted because we can look at RG3 and see a guy that was one of the most hyped up players in the entire league who is now basically extinct in just 3 years.

Thankfully, he didn't draft Manziel. And I say this because I don't want to draft a player based on the team 'staying relevant.' If you want to be relevant, win games....seems to do the trick.

YR

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I don't think he brought up Manziel. I think the radio hosts did.

It's still his way of saying 'see, I wasn't completely wrong because we could have used him!'

I am on the fence with Manziel. I certainly think he has talent and he seems to pick things up well. I think many people underestimate how incredible some of the plays he made in college and he has that Russell Wilson type of quality where he can throw it very well rolling out to the right or left.

The thing is that he would seriously need at least a year, if not 3 years before he was ready. Mainly his body size concerned me. He's short and thin which isn't a good combination in this league and he was learning a completely different way to do things (under center, huddle, etc). I also think that this is still primarily a larger QB's league. The Wilson's and Brees' of the world are extremely rare.

And then you would have to deal with the Dallas media and the team had bigger fish to fry at that point.

What bothered me was Jerry's claim that the team would be relevant for the next 10 years with Manziel. That tells me he's more worried about business than winning. And it's incredibly short sighted because we can look at RG3 and see a guy that was one of the most hyped up players in the entire league who is now basically extinct in just 3 years.

Thankfully, he didn't draft Manziel. And I say this because I don't want to draft a player based on the team 'staying relevant.' If you want to be relevant, win games....seems to do the trick.

YR

What do relevant mean?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What do relevant mean?

I can only assume it means popular or 'trending' on the internet.

I don't care about being relevant just by being relevant. If that is more important than winning to Jerry, I will have no reason to support him and his team.

YR

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I can only assume it means popular or 'trending' on the internet.

I don't care about being relevant just by being relevant. If that is more important than winning to Jerry, I will have no reason to support him and his team.

YR

Again, I think it means that JJ and his realm needs to be in the spotlight, even if not winning.

To me, winning is the only thing...............without criminal activity, of course.

The good thing about this offseason is that losing will create some necessary changes.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Who would you rather have next year as Romo's backup and future starter....Manziel or Lynch/Goff?

VoR

Reaction score
Jerruh is from the land of Deliverance and "Banjo Boy" ya know.......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I will not be surprised, at all, if he signs Manziel. It won't shock me in the least.

This team should always have a young, developmental QB on the roster. Manziel would not be the worst option. Its better than having weeden and no one.