News: Jerry's cussing rant this morning going viral

Nav22

Reaction score
The weird thing is he has probably the easiest decision he’ll ever have to make and yet he can’t make it.

Because in making the call we all know is obvious, Jerry has to admit he’s a failure and he wasted a decade.

He also probably thinks it’s more fodder for the Jimmy Johnson won those SBs, not you Jerry crowd.
You nailed it. Garrett was his guy and Garrett would’ve been more than happy to share the credit with Jerry if the team won big. Garrett has no problem swallowing his pride and letting Jerry feel important.

Jerry has so much of his legacy riding on Garrett’s success as a coach and he knows it. It’ll absolutely kill Jerry to have to fire him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The weird thing is he has probably the easiest decision he’ll ever have to make and yet he can’t make it.

Because in making the call we all know is obvious, Jerry has to admit he’s a failure and he wasted a decade.

He also probably thinks it’s more fodder for the Jimmy Johnson won those SBs, not you Jerry crowd.

Agreed, and it's really frustrating. He knows what he has to do, but he can't quite bring himself to do it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yeah finally it looks like he will be gone, it will be exciting next season, depending on who he hires.
now maybe I can be a normal cowboy fan again.
I just wish he would let him go now. I would like to see richards or kellen finish the season.
Agree, but only problem with that, if we do well he might make one of them hc.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see it in a different way. I think he's cussing because he knows he sucks, and the questions keep pointing at that. He was convinced his way would work. It didn't. Resounding failure. And he absolutely hates it when the questions get anywhere near to the subject of him being wrong. And sucking.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Jerry knows he needs to make a move.....problem is...he doesn't have a move to make that would still entitle him the power to control the franchise. The con is up. Coaches know...Jerry is a meddling fool.....so no legitimate coach will take the job. And anybody else....fans will just continue to hammer Jerry for making the wrong move. He's basically backed himself into a corner. It's taken 25 years...but people finally see Jerry Jones for what he is....
Oh no people already saw it. They are now starting to speak on it. Especially the Dallas media who has given him pass after pass over the last decade. I tend to agree with you about Jerry. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jason was his last puppet to control. That and admitting his pick was a failure is probably why he was and still is hesitant to fire him. He knows he can’t get another coach out there to control.

morat1959

Reaction score
The way the guy asked Jerry the question is what triggered him, he said "are you embarrassed by this team" and changed his wording immediately by saying "are you embarrassed by the franchise". Jerry had the appropriate reaction.
Nothing wrong with what he was asked. It embarrassed the fake GM and he went off. Wish more would pin him down!

jnday

Reaction score
You nailed it. Garrett was his guy and Garrett would’ve been more than happy to share the credit with Jerry if the team won big. Garrett has no problem swallowing his pride and letting Jerry feel important.

Jerry has so much of his legacy riding on Garrett’s success as a coach and he knows it. It’ll absolutely kill Jerry to have to fire him.
You could tell by Jerry’s demeanor that this has him furious and he is not wanting to fire Garrett, but he is going to and it hurts him personally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see it in a different way. I think he's cussing because he knows he sucks, and the questions keep pointing at that. He was convinced his way would work. It didn't. Resounding failure. And he absolutely hates it when the questions get anywhere near to the subject of him being wrong. And sucking.
Yep

And I wouldn’t be sold firing Garrett will ultimately resolve our issues with Jerry.

It’s why I’ve supported him all of these years is Garrett up until now has perceived to be the best puppet option we’ve had for a more normal( if that’s even possible with Jerry) situation.

We’ll see if Jerry’s been embarrassed enough to take lesser role and or bringing in a bigger named HC who’d definitely demand more control.

But I still think he believes he’s built a good enough team that can win now and bringing in a Named HC which be further proof it was all about the coaching which would go against his quest the last 20+ years.

I’m cautious to celebrate Garrett leaving cause we could spiral down further without the right decision moving forward.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep

And I wouldn’t be sold firing Garrett will ultimately resolve our issues with Jerry.

It’s why I’ve supported him all of these years is Garrett up until now has perceived to be the best puppet option we’ve had for a more normal( if that’s even possible with Jerry) situation.

We’ll see if Jerry’s been embarrassed enough to take lesser role and or bringing in a bigger named HC who’d definitely demand more control.

But I still think he believes he’s built a good enough team that can win now and bringing in a Named HC which be further proof it was all about the coaching which would go against his quest the last 20+ years.

I’m cautious to celebrate Garrett leaving cause we could spiral down further without the right decision moving forward.
Spiraling down is a better option than perpetual mediocrity.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Egotistical SOB. He’d sell his own family to be called a football guy.