Twitter: Jerry's draft board deciphered

Ken

Reaction score
I agree 100% with your assessment. But none more than number 6. Before he ran that 40 time he was graded a mid to late first round. What I heard on sports radio was issues with stamina and keeping his weight down. I'm hoping he still has issues.
I have gone back yesterday and watched a few entire games for georgia's defense...i can confirm the stamina issues.

He plays well in spurts. He plays about, i would guess, 40-50% if the snaps. That isn't top 15 worthy, imo.

When he does play, I am really not all that impressed, especially considering everyone he had around him.

Conversely, i went back and watched Ridgeway for about 4 games against top comp and feel so much better about him. The guys plays like 90% of the defensive snaps, has a constant motor, makes a huge difference in the game and had literally no one around him. He is going to be a great addition to our defense.

How he fell to the 5th and Davis goes where he goes, playing the way he did...i will never understand. All for 1 inch in height and 20 lbs in weight more...oh and a few ticks better in the 40 (which does not show on the field, btw). If i was guessing...Ridge looks way faster on the field.

Ken

Reaction score
In reference to 6 . . . Don't lean too far . . . You may fall over . . . But its alright you can always act like you have always loved him when He becomes a Pro Bowler and mans the Line for the next 10 years.

But I understand your concearn its hard to formulate an original thought when all the talking heads and pubdits keep repeating the same thing over and over
After watching him more...i am firmly in the overated camp. See my post above for why.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have gone back yesterday and watched a few entire games for georgia's defense...i can confirm the stamina issues.

He plays well in spurts. He plays about, i would guess, 40-50% if the snaps. That isn't top 15 worthy, imo.

When he does play, I am really not all that impressed, especially considering everyone he had around him.

Conversely, i went back and watched Ridgeway for about 4 games against top comp and feel so much better about him. The guys plays like 90% of the defensive snaps, has a constant motor, makes a huge difference in the game and had literally no one around him. He is going to be a great addition to our defense.

How he fell to the 5th and Davis goes where he goes, playing the way he did...i will never understand. All for 1 inch in height and 20 lbs in weight more...oh and a few ticks better in the 40 (which does not show on the field, btw). If i was guessing...Ridge looks way faster on the field.

You must either be blind or just look for things that prove whatever you want to believe.

Flamma

Reaction score

The underwear Olympics is taken way too seriously IMO. His 40 time is useless when he's lining up in the G/C gap.

Richard Sherman said it best when he talked about how players get hyped. And is the reason half the first round are busts.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
The entire premise that Ridgeway and Davis are even in the same ballpark in regard to talent and potential.
Davis has a ton of potential...no doubt.

I just don't understand how he hasn't reached it playing in that program, with those players around him.

NFL game will suit him more bc of rotations and how he will be used, still, not a top 15 pick.

Ken

Reaction score
The entire premise that Ridgeway and Davis are even in the same ballpark in regard to talent and potential.
I honestly don't know how anyone can watch both and say they see Davis as a better player.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
All in all, I liked the draft. I think we added a handful of guys that can be starters in the near future. My issue is the lack of activity in free agency is going to force these guys into roles they aren't ready for in 2022.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Some players use every little thing they can as motivation. They especially hate it when their favorite team disrespects them in any shape, form, or fashion.

Yea i don't see players using the "Cowboys didn't rank me as high as i wanted" excuse to motivate themselves. Weak comparison no matter how you wanna try to spin it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In reference to 6 . . . Don't lean too far . . . You may fall over . . . But its alright you can always act like you have always loved him when He becomes a Pro Bowler and mans the Line for the next 10 years.

But I understand your concearn its hard to formulate an original thought when all the talking heads and pubdits keep repeating the same thing over and over

Davis is lazy.

He'll have some great plays & games and maybe a great season here and there but he'll likely have a middle of the road career due to effort and over-weight issues.

He is Dontari Poe.

Some fanboys will exclaim his greatness as a rookie when he makes a highlight play but 5 years from now we'll look back and say he was not in the top 20 best players from this draft.

Poe ran a 4.8 forty at 346 pounds.

The Cowboys faced Poe back in about 2016 and in the 1st quarter he was giving Frederick and Martin all they could handle.
- By the 2nd half Frederick/Martin were easily pushing him around because he was fatigued.

All I'll say about Ridgeway is that he was a far better college player than Bohanna.
- There won't be any question of effort with Ridgeway.
- He won't be chasing down runners to the sideline the way the Snacks Harrison (6-3, 350) did in his few prime years with the Giants, but neither will most NT types.
- Snacks was a high effort player but his peak was short lived because players at that weight on average are not at their peak for very long.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yea i don't see players using the "Cowboys didn't rank me as high as i wanted" excuse to motivate themselves. Weak comparison no matter how you wanna try to spin it.
Depends on how much they love the Cowboys. There are a number of players that give us their all because they don't wear the star. That player is thinking they could have had me at......if they wanted to, so screw them. I'm going to kill them when I play them. When you give a player like that any kind of edge at all, they'll take it. It's just human nature.

And if you don't understand the vengeful nature of man, then you're a *****cat in a world of wolves.

Ken

Reaction score
Davis is lazy.

He'll have some great plays & games and maybe a great season here and there but he'll likely have a middle of the road career due to effort and over-weight issues.

He is Dontari Poe.

Some fanboys will exclaim his greatness as a rookie when he makes a highlight play but 5 years from now we'll look back and say he was not in the top 20 best players from this draft.

Poe ran a 4.8 forty at 346 pounds.

The Cowboys faced Poe back in about 2016 and in the 1st quarter he was giving Frederick and Martin all they could handle.
- By the 2nd half Frederick/Martin were easily pushing him around because he was fatigued.

All I'll say about Ridgeway is that he was a far better college player than Bohanna.
- There won't be any question of effort with Ridgeway.
- He won't be chasing down runners to the sideline the way the Snacks Harrison (6-3, 350) did in his few prime years with the Giants, but neither will most NT types.
- Snacks was a high effort player but his peak was short lived because players at that weight on average are not at their peak for very long.
The thing with Poe and Harrison, they didn't play at schools like Georgia.

I don't know how much better this guy gets because he is basically in a Pro program already. Those guys produced at small schools and then got better when they got in pro programs.

Put Ridgeway on that Georgia line and he is no less than a 2nd round pick. Do the same with Davis...and he is a 2-4th rounder, imo.

Loso86

Reaction score
Oh... I dunno. Maybe the fact that he just grabs a list of their private info for everyone to see in public like a madman?
Stephen was about ready to punch him in the face, if it wasn't for the fact he was his dad.
Seriously what does it matter, if he did this before the draft I get it. Most of that crap gets leaked afterwards anyway smdh

Loso86

Reaction score
An insight into their methodology since they are considered a good Drafting team and you just don't give away house secrets bro.
You just don't.
What lol, they come out every year and say like last year they had the 2 corners ahead of Parsons and blah blah. Stephen said that. People just look for more ways to be pissed. Because yoi see who they had this year DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SECRETS OF NEXT YEAR LOL

Loso86

Reaction score
My guess is to have that "gotcha" moment when they say they take BPA. Just my guess though.
I hear ya but all of these fans who are butt hurt because of this are just looking for another reason to complain. They come out and tell us a few players were ranked ahead of certain players and so on. Stephen himself does that. This type of stuff always gets leaked at some point. That's how everybody knew they wanted the 2 corners ahead of Parsons last year

Loso86

Reaction score
Our fanbase is literally ugly. Too many negative Nancy's. It's shocking they don't get tired of hearing themselves.

If they're like that with a football team on a forum, can only imagine what they're like outside of the forum!
My guy I wonder the same. Most of them this is where they feel heard and can complain openly about nothing AT ALL lol