Jerry's great OC decision

Fire407

Reaction score
I think Jerry knows that the fans would be furious if JG got an extension now. I wish Jerry would go ahead and replace him. Either he fails next year and gets replaced, or he gets us into the playoffs and he gets another five year deal, and nobody wants that to happen except for a few relatives that post here. It would be horrible for JG to get another deal, because I don't think we will ever see another Lombardi while he is HC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.. Jason Garrett wanted Scott fired according to reports. Scott and Jason weren't getting along, Broaddus and Mickey talked about this, while being as cryptic as they could be on their show.

I heard them. And I also heard Garrett himself mention no big staff changes.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think Jerry knows that the fans would be furious if JG got an extension now. I wish Jerry would go ahead and replace him. Either he fails next year and gets replaced, or he gets us into the playoffs and he gets another five year deal, and nobody wants that to happen except for a few relatives that post here. It would be horrible for JG to get another deal, because I don't think we will ever see another Lombardi while he is HC.
Gregg and the other guy would be devastated.

Dre11

Reaction score
I heard them. And I also heard Garrett himself mention no big staff changes.

Of course he did, that's Garrett, he wasn't trying to let it out, he just didn't know Stephen was going to say something.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They have set next year up as an evaluation of Kellen Moore. They want to make sure they don’t do what the Commanders did. Let an innovative offensive coach capable of winning Super Bowls get away while hanging onto a joke of a head coach.

Verdict

Reaction score
Have not heard this theory and could not disagree more and if true, jg is a worst coach than I thought.

So the HC brought in a playbook in 07 when he was OC. Kept that playbook until 2014 and the new OC kept it, but this whole time the HC didn't want it anymore? It was Linehan who wanted it? So the HC wanted to scheme and the oc didn't so he let the oc over ride him? The HC did this? The HC knew the tendencies of the oc but just sat back and let the oc do what he wanted?

Again, I don't buy this at all, but if true, jg is a worst HC than I thought.

Carefully consider the alternatives and get back with me on what makes the most sense. Then we can cuss and discuss the subject.

Verdict

Reaction score
If Kellen Moore becomes the next head coach Garrett is more likely to move to the front office than be fired.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Carefully consider the alternatives and get back with me on what makes the most sense. Then we can cuss and discuss the subject.
Lol I know what makes no sense, that the 2018 passing scheme was no different than the 07 passing scheme except for the players but you think somehow it's Linehan that held us back , not jg. It makes no sense that a HC saw, or has seen, the offense being simplistic and just let's the oc ride without making changes . It makes no sense that the HC wanted more scheming but didn't do it because the oc didnt want to.

Like I said, none of your theory makes sense. If jg sat back and let your theory play out then he's a worst HC than I thought. Good HC delegate things to the other coaches but if it's not working, he doesn't just let it ride. In your theory the HC didn't like the scheme or wanted more scheming in his offense and did nothing about it. In your theory the HC saw the tendencies and did nothing to change it. If your theory is correct, and it might be, he is beyond the bad coach I thought he was.

The passing scheme in 18 looks like the passing scheme in 07, jg first year in Dallas when linhan was in SL. You tell me what makes the most sense.

Btw, I did not cuss in my first comment, but usually do, so since you told me to get back with you and we can cuss and discuss, this theory is ****, imo. Lol

Also, don't want anyone thinking I'm defending Linehan, not a fan of his either.

tm1119

Reaction score
Been saying this for a few weeks now...gotta look at the big picture to see the greater good. But most people would rather just panic and freak out because Kellen Moore isn’t a name they’ve heard before as an o-coordinator

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol I know what makes no sense, that the 2018 passing scheme was no different than the 07 passing scheme except for the players but you think somehow it's Linehan that held us back , not jg. It makes no sense that a HC saw, or has seen, the offense being simplistic and just let's the oc ride without making changes . It makes no sense that the HC wanted more scheming but didn't do it because the oc didnt want to.

Like I said, none of your theory makes sense. If jg sat back and let your theory play out then he's a worst HC than I thought. Good HC delegate things to the other coaches but if it's not working, he doesn't just let it ride. In your theory the HC didn't like the scheme or wanted more scheming in his offense and did nothing about it. In your theory the HC saw the tendencies and did nothing to change it. If your theory is correct, and it might be, he is beyond the bad coach I thought he was.

The passing scheme in 18 looks like the passing scheme in 07, jg first year in Dallas when linhan was in SL. You tell me what makes the most sense.

Btw, I did not cuss in my first comment, but usually do, so since you told me to get back with you and we can cuss and discuss, this theory is ****, imo. Lol

Also, don't want anyone thinking I'm defending Linehan, not a fan of his either.

Cuss and discuss is just a saying. I did not mean it literally.

Verdict

Reaction score

I don't think Garrett had that much input into the offense. Whether he SHOULD have or not is another question entirely. IMHO Garrett should have over ridden Linehan many times this year but he did not do so.

I am not sure how much authority Garrett actually had over play calling. What he should have the authority to do, and what he did have the authority to do may be totally different things in the Cowboys organization.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't want Kellen Moore to be the offensive coordinator but as I think about it it was a great decision.

Jerry could not sign a hot shot offensive coordinator while Jason Garrett was a lame duck coach. If Jason Garrett does not get to the NFC championship game next year he and his whole staff will be fired.

Jerry did not want to get stuck having to pay an offensive coordinator 3 years after he's gone. So he decided that Jason Garrett deserved to have his offense for the last year his do-or-die year.

Im not sure I see it that way. If you plan on getting rid of Garrett in the event they do poorly then how do you keep Moore? Are you going to push Moore on the new HC? The ONLY way that makes any sense is if he fired Garrett he hires from within and promotes Richards to HC, then he can keep Moore running the offense.

cern

Reaction score
If Kellen Moore becomes the next head coach Garrett is more likely to move to the front office than be fired.
what would his title be? what would his responsibility be? everyone named jones seems to hold all the top management spots. family owned and run business.