Jerry's legacy

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
Is going to be that he destroyed the once proud Cowboys. Yes he got 3 rings early on but that was so long ago that many fans barely remember. His inability to hold his coaches accountable will spill over to the team. While they seem to enjoy MM and Quinn they also expected someone or both to be terminated, not doing so will send the message that results don’t matter. I expect this team to implode next year and be horrible.

phildadon86

Reaction score
His legacy is he has 3 rings and made it to the Hall of Fame. He has done more for the NfL than anyone which is why I don’t get why he’s so prideful on wanting to win without Jimmy. You have everything. Hand the team over.
He is a narcisist. The NFL owners also hate him. The commish hates him. And he knows he didnt get credit for 1995 because it was Jimmy's team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Is going to be that he destroyed the once proud Cowboys. Yes he got 3 rings early on but that was so long ago that many fans barely remember. His inability to hold his coaches accountable will spill over to the team. While they seem to enjoy MM and Quinn they also expected someone or both to be terminated, not doing so will send the message that results don’t matter. I expect this team to implode next year and be horrible.
Good. To even suggest legacy and a person's death with any attached insult...you, Sir, are one sick puppy. Don't bother replying.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can be salty all you want but that doesn't take away anything he's ever done I mean even if he won one every 10 years and still only had three and 33 years what does it matter his legacy is he still built a championship dynasty and that will be forever written with his gold jacket as an owner..

Just because the fans are upset and I'm not saying that I didn't wish for him to blow the coaching staff up I did but now that we already know Mike McCarthy's coming back Prescott's probably coming back they're gonna do this for one more year probably Dan Quinn is probably leaving they're gonna use the draft and free agency and you're saying they're gonna lose a lot of games or you hope they lose a lot of games which is even more sad as a fan base but people have been saying that for three years ohh they won the division the next year they're gonna have to play a first place schedule and they're not doing anything in the offseason and then every year they win 12 games three straight years now how is that now all of a sudden gonna be an implosion this year I don't see this team going from twelve wins to under 9 now going nine and eight wouldn't be great but you could see even with Green Bay you get in with a wild card you could still do something..

Again I wish that they would have made a move at head coach and got a different offensive coordinator but the worst part of this team was on defense it was Dan Quinn in every single loss and even the Seattle win it looked like we were playing 11 on 7 in those games literally our defense was playing the wrong scheme at the wrong time against the wrong offenses and he just seemed to not wanna change and don't say you didn't have enough players because that's also on him he helped bring in these players their undersized linebackers hybrid linebackers and he's the one calling the plays and decided to go zone if you need to protect Gilmore that bad you should have just put in one of the young guys and played your normal defense and just hope that the young corner didn't get lit up but when you made your whole defense be out of sync that's on Dan Quinn and he should be gone...​
But again I'm gonna tell you right now just like mountain said above you can't take away what Jerry did just because time went by all history is remembered it's written in the books it'll always be timeless doesn't matter the fans are upset and angry and salty but yet you're still spending a lot of time talking about the Cowboys most of you that hate the Jones family that don't like dak that don't like the new regime you seem to spend a lot of countless hours on social media talking about them that tells me he's living rent free in your head if you really bothered you that much give away all your gear delete all your accounts and go away we don't need an announcement that you're upset and salty and that you hope that our team fails that's just ridiculous if you're at that point you should have moved on a year ago maybe even five years ago...​
So how's that for salty I don't even have to change my name but I can give it to you right back I think you're ridiculous for wishing bad luck on this team if you don't like it just move on​

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
His legacy is he has 3 rings and made it to the Hall of Fame. He has done more for the NfL than anyone which is why I don’t get why he’s so prideful on wanting to win without Jimmy. You have everything. Hand the team over.
Because people want what they can't have. For Jerry...it's being recognized as a "football" guy. Making money? That's easy. He doesn't have to do ANYTHING else and the Cowboys will make money. Heck, he does not even have to win and the Cowboys make money. Making money without having win is probably very unfulfilling.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His legacy:

Derailed the greatest team in NFL history. That team was going to win 4, maybe 5 straight SBs.

28 Years + however many more of futility.

Record breaking playoff underachievement streaks.

The Jason Garrett Decade.
Crap, that's what you said last off season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because people want what they can't have. For Jerry...it's being recognized as a "football" guy. Making money? That's easy. He doesn't have to do ANYTHING else and the Cowboys will make money. Heck, he does not even have to win and the Cowboys make money. Making money without having win is probably very unfulfilling.
He’s not a football guy though it’s been 28 years lol.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
In their first 34 years of existence, not only did the Cowboys have 5 Super Bowl wins and 8 Super Bowl appearances, but they also made it to the NFCCG 16 times.

16 times in 34 years.

The 28 years since? 0 NFCCG appearances.

That's Jerry's legacy. Argue with whoever you want, that statistic is damning.