Jerry's legacy

rags747

Reaction score
He is a narcisist. The NFL owners also hate him. The commish hates him. And he knows he didnt get credit for 1995 because it was Jimmy's team.
Lots of Great men have been Narcissists since the beginning of time! Narcissistic tendencies exist on a spectrum, I would not say Jerry’s are of the extreme variety.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Jerry is laughed at for the failure as owner/gm. Everyone gives his credit for the 3 rings to Jimmy. Sure as an owner he has built the most valuable sports franchise. But a great owner would fire such a horrible GM. The Cowboys are the laughing stock of the NFL to everyone except us fans!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The NFL operates on the concept of "ebb and flow". That's why the teams with the worst records get the best draft position. Jerry hurts the team in the draft by never allowing the Cowboys to ebb. When you are constantly managing the team to flow, you will never get a great draft position. So here we are again, the 24th pick in the first round. No chance to draft a quality replacement for Dak. So I say draft the best offensive lineman you can get your hands on. Will they do that? The FO(Jerry) never listens to me.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry is laughed at for the failure as owner/gm. Everyone gives his credit for the 3 rings to Jimmy. Sure as an owner he has built the most valuable sports franchise. But a great owner would fire such a horrible GM. The Cowboys are the laughing stock of the NFL to everyone except us fans!
Hey, all you smart pessimists with all the labels and insult...get together and start your own team and then stay away from the Dallas Cowboys. You have no real function here but to act like your own attitudes mean it's weight in gold.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The NFL operates on the concept of "ebb and flow". That's why the teams with the worst records get the best draft position. Jerry hurts the team in the draft by never allowing the Cowboys to ebb. When you are constantly managing the team to flow, you will never get a great draft position. So here we are again, the 24th pick in the first round. No chance to draft a quality replacement for Dak. So I say draft the best offensive lineman you can get your hands on. Will they do that? The FO(Jerry) never listens to me.
He started when ownership ethics demanded always trying to win. Your values suck.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Hey, all you smart pessimists with all the labels and insult...get together and start your own team and then stay away from the Dallas Cowboys. You have no real function here but to act like your own attitudes mean it's weight in gold.
I’ve been a fan since long before Jerry owned the team. All I stated was the perception of Jerry from the rest of the league.

I believe you think your attitude or opinion means something.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It’s pretty clear Jerry can’t win a ring without Jimmy. That’s his legacy and of course clown car level embarrassment year after year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t get to experience the 90’s dynasty so to me, Jerry’s legacy is nothing but a clown show. A legacy of failure and embarrassment.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why the he'll are you all still here? Get the flip out while you can!

I don't get all these fans insulting the team, owner, coach and QB.....
You insult them then you are insulting yourself by being a fan of a clown show.
Criticism is great, but insulting YOUR team.....LOL! Look, in the mirror.
:lmao::facepalm:

GINeric

Reaction score
He is a narcisist. The NFL owners also hate him. The commish hates him. And he knows he didnt get credit for 1995 because it was Jimmy's team.

This would hold more weight if Jimmy was able to get a ring without Jerry. The truth is, both of them deserved credit for those Superbowl championships. Not just Jimmy, not just Jerry.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is going to be that he destroyed the once proud Cowboys. Yes he got 3 rings early on but that was so long ago that many fans barely remember. His inability to hold his coaches accountable will spill over to the team. While they seem to enjoy MM and Quinn they also expected someone or both to be terminated, not doing so will send the message that results don’t matter. I expect this team to implode next year and be horrible.
His legacy is that the negative nancies keep the Cowboys relevant. All of those throwing insults keep watching, talking and put money in his pocket. Jerry thanks you for your contribution.

FoxF

Reaction score
His legacy:

Derailed the greatest team in NFL history. That team was going to win 4, maybe 5 straight SBs.

28 Years + however many more of futility.

Record breaking playoff underachievement streaks.

The Jason Garrett Decade.
This is his real legacy, and he Is going to leave us with Stephen running the show who might be worse.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He’s made all of the NFL owners more money than they can count. With that said, I don’t care about that. He’s a narcissist and he’ll be in the ground before the Cowboys win a Super Bowl.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Is going to be that he destroyed the once proud Cowboys. Yes he got 3 rings early on but that was so long ago that many fans barely remember. His inability to hold his coaches accountable will spill over to the team. While they seem to enjoy MM and Quinn they also expected someone or both to be terminated, not doing so will send the message that results don’t matter. I expect this team to implode next year and be horrible.
Really sad Jerry let it come to this.
He does not have anyone to blame but himself.
Its a shame for him and the fans that this team has had such a run of post season failure.

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
I agree 100% he deserves credit for the Jimmy years, problem is he will be remembered more for running Jimmy off over his ego.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This would hold more weight if Jimmy was able to get a ring without Jerry. The truth is, both of them deserved credit for those Superbowl championships. Not just Jimmy, not just Jerry.
4 years at miami for Jimmy vs nearly 30 years for Jerry as Dallas GM without Jimmy. Seems fair. Maybe if Jimmy had coached for 20 years without success I'd give it some more weight. And some of the boneheaded moves Jerry made in the late 90's and early 2000's-don't draft Randy Moss...trade those picks for Galloway....try to make Quincy Carter a franchise QB. that's what ended the Dynasty more than anything.