Jerry's legacy

phildadon86

Reaction score
This would hold more weight if Jimmy was able to get a ring without Jerry. The truth is, both of them deserved credit for those Superbowl championships. Not just Jimmy, not just Jerry.
Salary cap. Their enemy

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since long before Jerry owned the team. All I stated was the perception of Jerry from the rest of the league.

I believe you think your attitude or opinion means something.
You didn't discuss more than a convenience of your own attitudes. I've been following since day one and I'm not instead crying about a Jerry Jones or blaming you for failures. I don't work on attitudes....you are the dishonest participant here and now.

As from the rest of the league...that involves a one week interval and your own support of that. Do tell us all here and now if Dallas has a 4th 12 win season. Come on with your I've seen it all attitude and not evaluation beyond blame. I'll just stick to what I stated....that is MY right.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree 100% he deserves credit for the Jimmy years, problem is he will be remembered more for running Jimmy off over his ego.
Jimmy went out of his own way to be fired. Opportunity is strictly by the empowerment of one's employer.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His legacy is that the negative nancies keep the Cowboys relevant. All of those throwing insults keep watching, talking and put money in his pocket. Jerry thanks you for your contribution.
I'm proud of the Justice Department at Uvalde. Closure now, when all parents take all officials to accountability and high level suing suits!

StuckMojo

Reaction score
You didn't discuss more than a convenience of your own attitudes. I've been following since day one and I'm not instead crying about a Jerry Jones or blaming you for failures. I don't work on attitudes....you are the dishonest participant here and now.

As from the rest of the league...that involves a one week interval and your own support of that. Do tell us all here and now if Dallas has a 4th 12 win season. Come on with your I've seen it all attitude and not evaluation beyond blame. I'll just stick to what I stated....that is MY right.
You seem to be crying about what I said. I stand by what I said and how Jerry is perceived from other NFL fans and media.

CCBoy

Reaction score
4 years at miami for Jimmy vs nearly 30 years for Jerry as Dallas GM without Jimmy. Seems fair. Maybe if Jimmy had coached for 20 years without success I'd give it some more weight. And some of the boneheaded moves Jerry made in the late 90's and early 2000's-don't draft Randy Moss...trade those picks for Galloway....try to make Quincy Carter a franchise QB. that's what ended the Dynasty more than anything.
Who drafted 'Qhinthy' Carter who later ended up getting kicked out of a Texas league minor leaguer for marijuana use. Get your drafting coach correct, first...

CCBoy

Reaction score
You seem to be crying about what I said. I stand by what I said and how Jerry is perceived from other NFL fans and media.
I'll handle my own tissues...you here are full of crap. Get your own tissues...you just added the word fan. like their or your crying towels and insults matter as a matter of time. Guess what, a US Bradley and a chain gun just took out the most advanced Soviet thank. Rootie toot toot about your play a flute now.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This would hold more weight if Jimmy was able to get a ring without Jerry. The truth is, both of them deserved credit for those Superbowl championships. Not just Jimmy, not just Jerry.
Jimmy earned a ring as NCAA champion at U of Miami. That is why his boat is named "Three Rings".

I can't believe how many times I have to keep pointing this out to Cowboys fans who should both know this fact, and know how foolish you look trying to downplay Jimmy Johnson.

GINeric

Reaction score
Jimmy earned a ring as NCAA champion at U of Miami. That is why his boat is named "Three Rings".

I can't believe how many times I have to keep pointing this out to Cowboys fans who should both know this fact, and know how foolish you look trying to downplay Jimmy Johnson.

I've never downplayed Jimmy. I'm aware of his collegiate accomplishments, but that has zero to do with what happens in the professional ranks.

Just ask Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Oh, you have...then next acknowledge that Barry Switzer won a National Title in the collegiate ranks and a Lombardi professionally as well as having a higher percentage of wins on both levels.

GINeric

Reaction score
Oh, you have...then next acknowledge that Barry Switzer won a National Title in the collegiate ranks and a Lombardi professionally as well as having a higher percentage of wins on both levels.

It's amazing how they leave out Switzer's collegiate championship pedigree while mentioning Johnson's.

For the record, I'm not saying Switzer is a better coach than Johnson.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Good. To even suggest legacy and a person's death with any attached insult...you, Sir, are one sick puppy. Don't bother replying.
what am I missing about him mentioining Jerry's death?

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Here is the deal. If you win 3 championships with the Lions on 40 years, then yeah you are pretty good. But Dallas is different, you have tons of money, a big stadium, a history of winning, fans of other teams are eager for you to loose, so yup you are getting judge tougher.

So in my eyes, yeah 3 championships and the rest has been a complete joke.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry's legacy will be that as a professional football businessman and owner, he changed the NFL forever for the better, and was one of the main catalysts who led the NFL into its pro sports dominance in the 21st century. He revolutionized advertising revenue and made owners see the value of their product since he showed how you could take full advantage of your team's popularity in sales. He showed how owners could take what used to be side business, control them from the franchise, and turn them into money making legacies. Everything from concession stands, to stadium events, to team TV networks. He will remembered as a great businessman who took a franchise that was leaking millions of a dollars a month and turned it into the most efficient and valuable pro sports franchise in the world. FOX NFL, NFL Network, Pro Apparel Shops, Madden, Super Bowl Commercials, so many things that are standard now they may not have come along as much as they did without Jerry Jones leading the Owners and the NFL.

As a GM, hey, at least he could produce some winning seasons. That's about all I can say.