Jerry's not interested in giving up a home game to play in Brazil

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game.

Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."

Kwyn

Reaction score

Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game.

Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."

I love Jerry’s take here. His influence has kept us out of the euro nonsense. Let the fringe teams go to Brazil

Praxit

Reaction score
..does Brazil even understand the sport?
It's primarily soccer and hunting monkeys.. :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys get 9 home games next year. I read some chatter about them possibly playing in that Brazil game. Guess not. Not surprised with the cash cow that is the Cowboys home games.

RFABR

Reaction score
BTW, Jerry hurt my feelings now. And now I'm curious about the "business" he's got here

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
The international games need to be played in a sequential rota, regardless of the country. Its unfair that some teams have only been abroad once while others have been 2 or 3 times or more. I know Jacksonville have played a ton of games in London by choice but in general it has been pretty arbitrary.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Good on him for standing his ground. The international games are garbage to watch. Extra travel and getting accustomed to foreign surroundings is hard to do in a week.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Good old Jerry, thinking first about how much money he would lose by playing a 'home' game in Brazil.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm sure the dollar signs are lighting up the eyes of the owners and investors but I hate the idea of the team getting screwed over with excessive travel. I wonder just how big the NFL thinks it can become? or maybe this is a play at getting an influx of talent from south of the border like baseball did... The NFL has become a bit watered down in the talent department.