Jerry's not interested in giving up a home game to play in Brazil

1942willys

Reaction score
Yes, the fanbase here grows every year.

The search for tickets will be insane.
do they spend a lot of money on merchandise? Personally I really do not think one game a year or whatever shows much. Curiosity alone should fill wherever they go.

We have seen it time and again over the years; american football is a curiosity but nothing more.
Its like Soccer in the US; never will really get there as a major sport
Kids like it but once they hit high school they forget all about it

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JJ...sellin the love of the Cowboys around the world.

RFABR

Reaction score
do they spend a lot of money on merchandise? Personally I really do not think one game a year or whatever shows much. Curiosity alone should fill wherever they go.

We have seen it time and again over the years; american football is a curiosity but nothing more.
Its like Soccer in the US; never will really get there as a major sport
Kids like it but once they hit high school they forget all about it
The access to official merchandise it's not that easy yet, but that can be fixed.

We have a live game every Sunday, on the 1 pm slot, on "open" TV. Our ESPN ("regular" cable) shows every night game, one or two noon AND afternoon games, all all the playoff ones.

On a side note, in the 90s the games were on open TV here too - the Cowboys brand was somewhat known.

We're not strangers to professional US leagues, as NBA has a solid market and audience here for decades (the same TV channel that had football also did a good job with NBA on the 90s).

We're very passionate with sports. People are adopting and rooting for NFL franchises, and even spend more time with football than with their "original" soccer teams. To illustrate: the Corinthians Arena, where the NFL game will be played, is the home of my soccer team and I've never been there; but I've been to AT&T to watch the Cowboys.

RS12

Reaction score
Gooddell's financial vision was to get to 26 billion annual revenue. Last year they were around 19 billion. To get where they wanna go they will need markets like Brazil in the mix. Which means the Cowboys are occasionally going to have to play in these markets as the most popular franchise to bring up fan interest.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
what benefit would we get from playing a home game in Sao Paolo?
We? I don't gain any benefit if the games are played here in Dallas or in the middle of Siberia. Do you?

I get that Jerry doesn't want to go international if it means losing a home game at Jerry World, I just question his reasons why. It screams he's concerned about lost revenue, and that is coming from a person who is worth almost 14 billion. What he would lose is pocket change to the rest of us.

Last edited:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We? I don't gain any benefit if the games are played here in Dallas or in the middle of Siberia. Do you?
well I benefit emotionally from a win, and we win more at home so why should I want my team (we) to give up a home game which we are more likely to win than lose?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
well I benefit emotionally from a win, and we win more at home so why should I want my team (we) to give up a home game which we are more likely to win than lose?
Playing a game in Canada would be like playing a game in Siberia, right? Same awful winters.

conner01

Reaction score

Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game.

Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."

Seems logical to me

Kwyn

Reaction score
..does Brazil even understand the sport?
It's primarily soccer and hunting monkeys.. :)
there is definitely interest in Brazil fans.

I just don’t think the Cowboys need it.

Leave that to the Florida teams

Let the yankee teams do Europe and let the Vaqueros conquer Mexico

Last edited: