Jerry's not interested in giving up a home game to play in Brazil

Kwyn

Reaction score
We could have a gameday breakfast thread.

How do you like your eggs? Cowboys!!
Heuvos Rancheros!

We’re Texans and if it’s South of the Rio Grande, we are woefully ignorant.

Forget about any suggestions of Açaí bowls or tapioca pancakes.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The access to official merchandise it's not that easy yet, but that can be fixed.

We have a live game every Sunday, on the 1 pm slot, on "open" TV. Our ESPN ("regular" cable) shows every night game, one or two noon AND afternoon games, all all the playoff ones.

On a side note, in the 90s the games were on open TV here too - the Cowboys brand was somewhat known.

We're not strangers to professional US leagues, as NBA has a solid market and audience here for decades (the same TV channel that had football also did a good job with NBA on the 90s).

We're very passionate with sports. People are adopting and rooting for NFL franchises, and even spend more time with football than with their "original" soccer teams. To illustrate: the Corinthians Arena, where the NFL game will be played, is the home of my soccer team and I've never been there; but I've been to AT&T to watch the Cowboys.
This is a great post. Thanks for sharing

Bagman

Reaction score
I guess I'm ok with the international games but please, please, PLEASE.... don't put a Super Bowl game overseas. It's already a game with too much fluff. Don't make it anymore uninteresting.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
What do you mean? Make a point and explain it.
Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game. Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."

The Natural

Reaction score
We have the AFC North and NFC South next year. Dallas vs. Atlanta or TB early in the season should be favorable to both teams.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game.

Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."

For years, I’ve heard Jerry get compared to a used car salesman… it’s actually true!

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think eventually he won't have a choice. Ever since we went to 17 weeks I think the plan is to have everyone play 8 home games, 8 away games, and 1 international game.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
In my travels I've been to Rio.. Trust me fellas Lots of tight ends and wide recievers...

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is fine with the Dallas Cowboys playing a game in Brazil, as long as they don't have to give up a home game. Jones: "If we do give up (a home game), I want it to be (to play in) Mexico. That's our natural synergy and affinity with our fan base. ... I've got a lot of business in Brazil. I'm one of the largest automobile dealers there are in Brazil. But I'm not as interested in the Cowboys playing there as opposed to Mexico City."
So, he’s more interested in competitive advantage than he is in straight up commerce?

Is that what your implying?

If so, I say hurrah

Hardline

Reaction score
Playing games in California is as foreign as I want to go. That state barely resembles America.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
there is definitely interest in Brazil fans.

I just don’t think the Cowboys need it.

Leave that to the Florida teams

Let the yankee teams do Europe and let the Vaqueros conquer Mexico
Agreed. Cowboys were meant to be Team Mexico. Dolphins and Bucs can go. Even the New York teams probably have more South Americans in their home city than the Texas Teams. Makes more sense to stay with Mexico City for the Cowboys.

Send:
  • West Coast Teams to Asian countries (Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Chargers, etc)
  • Texas/Arizona Teams to Mexico, Central America (Cowboys, Cardinals, Texans, etc)
  • Florida Teams to Caribbean, South America (Dolphins, Bucs, Jags, etc)
  • Northeastern Teams to Europe (Patriots, Eagles, Panthers, Steelers, Bills, etc)
  • Iron Belt Teams to Canada (Vikings, Lions, Browns, etc)
  • New York Teams to anywhere LOL
Get creative. Pander to hometown connections. Have the Saints play in France. LOL