Jerry's take on Garrett - How does it make you feel?

bark

Reaction score
It kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

gpGIWYs.jpg
At this point in the season that’s about what I’d expect him to say.
There are no good options available to him right now. Pretty much have to let this play out. As bad as that may taste to the fans.
Now if after a 5-11 ish end of the year, well I’d hope he felt different.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Never did imagine we would be stuck with a lame duck coach

I always thought Jerruh would demand excellence from his staff

Boy was I wrong!!!! As long as we fans keep buying merchandise and fans show up to the stadium(whether their cowboys or opposing) he’s happy

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Nothing really, not surprised. This is not about football, it is about family and making sure Booger is comfortable. Those surprised by what he said still hold onto that illusion that he's all about winning.

Don't forget, he was considering making him HC when he hired him. After such a successful stint as QBC Miami, who wouldn't?

And he is not the only one that has done this. Mike Brown wouldn't accept Lewis' resignation. How would that make you feel?

Jeff Lurie really liked Reid but he acted on behalf of the fans because that horse had run it's race. He not only wanted to win a ring, he needed to get one. Does Booger really need that? Is that really going to change his life? That would feed his enlarged ego but not worth the price of relinquishing control again as he did to Parcells.

This is the textbook "it is what it is" and it is not changing.

All you can do is laugh. Jerry the goober thinks Jason the joke is a genius.

StylisticS

Reaction score
It doesn’t move the needle for me one iota. Did anyone seriously think the Joneses would do anything but double down on Garrett in mid-October? If you did, you’ve been on some other planet for a couple of decades.

Barring a Wade Phillips collapse, circa 2010, nothing happens until January 2019. Of course, if we’re 4-10 heading into that 12/23 home date v Tampa, the 40,000 or so in the house that actually make sound will speak a lot louder than what Jerry had to say this week.

Grain of salt, kids.
Exactly how I'm looking at this. Said it in another thread, let's see his optimism if they sit at 2-5 after next week. If we're 4-3, that's great and we have crow to eat for now. But if not, and they still have a losing record going into November, let's see his tune then.

scottsp

Reaction score
When asked about the status of his head coach the other day, this was going to be the Jones response. Even if the plan is to can Garrett next week, this is what we’re getting.

I am not so naive to believe they’d ever be transparent about this. Not until that press conference anyway.

MCMetal69

Reaction score

gpGIWYs.jpg

Wow , talk about kidding yourself......................It's like a kid polishing a turd constantly because he believes it's gonna' be worth millions some day soon...........

Pants

Reaction score
Methuselah had one thing right when he called Garrett an “asset”, the first 3 letters

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
JJ is a businessman. He bought this team to make money and adventure first with winning second. He won his supperbowls during the time just before the salary cap was put in place thus cant buy wins anymore.. In the course of business, he doesnt want a coach that clashes with him and JG is the man.

Proof

Reaction score

gpGIWYs.jpg

In all honesty, for the first time ever it makes me consider the proposition by some folks that say “if you feel like there’s no hope, why are you a fan?”

It’s pure and utter delusion and pig headedness. And I don’t think anything will change with his moron of a son.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
My hope that Garrett would be fired after we lose in Washington prior to the bye pretty much went out the window. I do still think/hope that after this season Jerry will come to some sort of semblance of sanity.
Naaaah.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It disgusts me but doesn't surprise me.
Top to bottom we dont deserve to win..

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Best we can hope for is JJ's private jet to go down with him, garrot, and Stephen on it.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I dont expect Jerry (or Stephen) to bad mouth or even put Jason on the hot seat mid-season. I expect supportive words, but this gushing, over the top, doubling/tripling down commenting is making me nervous they are as clueless as we all fear at this point. Just stay mum and give us some hope that change is coming in some way, shape, or form....o_O:rolleyes::(