Jersey Question

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
JackMagist;1531048 said:
Get Romo in White and Newman in blue. That's what I'd do if T.O. wasn't on the team...I'm standing by my not buying anything as long as he is there.

Something tells me that Jones doesn't care about your $100 or whatever else you'd spend on the Cowboys.

My guess is he'd choose T.O. and a better chance at winning over your fandom any day.

Edit: as least you recognize the futility of it.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
WittenOwnsYou82;1530994 said:
Here's the deal ... I have 3 Cowboys jerseys. I have bought them all off of eBay. 2 are real authentics, the other is a knockoff (never doing business with that person again). So the two real ones are Roy Williams (white) and Julius Jones (blue).

What do you guys think should be my next jersey?

I was thinking Ware, Witten, Romo, or Newman? Which one should I get or should I get someone else? Oh and I'll never wear a TO jersey. I'll root for him while there is a "star" on his helmet, but I'll never wear HIS number 81.

Could you send a link to the folks who sent you the 2 real authentics?

I want a real Tony Romo, however, I don't want ripped off!

Thanks

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Vintage;1531158 said:
Something tells me that Jones doesn't care about your $100 or whatever else you'd spend on the Cowboys.

My guess is he'd choose T.O. and a better chance at winning over your fandom any day.

Edit: as least you recognize the futility of it.

I wish I could agree with that.:(

acis516

Reaction score
yeah, i am curious to who everyone recommends for getting real jerseys off ebay or other site. i want nfl and nba

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WittenOwnsYou82;1530994 said:
Here's the deal ... I have 3 Cowboys jerseys. I have bought them all off of eBay. 2 are real authentics, the other is a knockoff (never doing business with that person again). So the two real ones are Roy Williams (white) and Julius Jones (blue).

What do you guys think should be my next jersey?

I was thinking Ware, Witten, Romo, or Newman? Which one should I get or should I get someone else? Oh and I'll never wear a TO jersey. I'll root for him while there is a "star" on his helmet, but I'll never wear HIS number 81.

"real" jerseys are like $200+. a "knockoff" is like $50. i have both and a lot of the older screen printed jerseys and even some that are replithentic.

can i tell a difference in the $50 and the $200 one -yes. enough to spend another $150 so jones can have more of my $$$? not hardly.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
acis516;1531230 said:
yeah, i am curious to who everyone recommends for getting real jerseys off ebay or other site. i want nfl and nba

hey, i just want the look and the numbers and don't see the need to spend $200 and up for a "shirt'. the "knockoffs" i have are close enough and as long as i don't play tackle football in the parking lot at lunch they hold up just fine to day to day use.

if you find some magic in the "real deal" buy it. but to date i've not had a problem with any of the (3) i've gotten much more cheaply off ebay.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
acis516;1531230 said:

Judging by the posts on this board buying jerseys on ebay is not a very good option. I have seen more I got screwed posts than I got a great deal posts.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WittenOwnsYou82;1531322 said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'm going to get a Ware (white) and a Witten (blue) over the summer and probably a Romo (white) during the season. Or some combo of that. The problem with Newman is that his jerseys are hard to find on eBay.

Oh and did Staubach ever where a different number besides 12? :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roger-STAUBACH-...ryZ24954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I think I remember hearing about him wearing a different number in TC his rookie season but I could be wrong.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Go old school and get a Stuabach or Dorsett.

But if you have to choose current team, get Ware.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If Grammatica makes the team this year (which he probably will), get his jersey! Hey, the little feller needs some love too!

And, I bet Hositle can get it autographed for you?

:confused:

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I love the '94 jerseys. Those are my favorite 'boys jerseys. I was so upset when we switched to the Thanksgiving jerseys we have now from those.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WittenOwnsYou82;1531809 said:
I love the '94 jerseys. Those are my favorite 'boys jerseys. I was so upset when we switched to the Thanksgiving jerseys we have now from those.

The current ones are WAY better. IMO

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1531553 said:
Love the 75 and 77 jerseys

Absolutely HATE the 94 ones.....the worst Cowboys jerseys ever

They were pretty bad, but the blue double star jerseys with the WHITE? stars on the shoulders were worse and to top'em all off the current throwups, I mean throwbacks are gag-o-maggett.:(

acis516

Reaction score
i don't necessarily want "real" jerseys, but I do want one with stitched name and numbers

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
dude I love my "cheap knockoffs" --

I've got:

an Aikman jersey white (when I was like 7)
a Galloway jersey white (when I was like 11)
a Roy jersey white (from my Giants fan cousin Christmas 2005)
a Romo jersey white (from my mother last Christmas)

I wanna get a blue jersey -- probably Newman/Ware.