Twitter: Jersey sales

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So Buffalo is the most popular team in NYC

I noticed that too and Giants are the Jersey favorite. Willing to bet it switches to all Giants when they're winning, but it does make sense. Buffalo more of the upper state crowd and I associate Giants with Jersey more than I do New York.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Yep that seals the deal for me...Daks jersey is very popular. That proves he’s an elite talent. Man are we lucky to have that vatto......

conner01

Reaction score
what some seem to want is an easy way out to protest Jerry and point to things like Jersey's. That will not make a dent. The effective way is by not watching, networks show the Cowboys game often in prime time for 1 simple reason, ratings. The 2 highest rated games in reg season this year was 1. Dallas vs Raiders and the 2nd highest was Dallas vs KC. If there comes a time when rating drop for the Cowboys the networks will look to other teams to play in these prime time games. Cowboys become more like others where it is regional coverage. Except for 1 minor detail, fans want to complain but really do not want to do what is the most effective especially for a man of Jerry ego and that is not watching them.
Agree
Honestly I’m not willing to stop watching my Cowboys in protest myself
Though I’m not as big a Jerry hater as some. I don’t agree with many of his decisions but many that fans complain about, are decisions I would have made myself. And many that complain don’t have any real alternative to the decisions he made

conner01

Reaction score
I noticed that too and Giants are the Jersey favorite. Willing to bet it switches to all Giants when they're winning, but it does make sense. Buffalo more of the upper state crowd and I associate Giants with Jersey more than I do New York.
Winning sells jerseys
New England wasn’t selling many jerseys pre Brady

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People should stop buying anything from Jerry until the Cowboys at least get to the NFC Championship game.
people are inherently stupid, so that wont happen lol.

I dont get the whole jersey thing anyway, they are made of the cheapest material in the world, look nothing like a real jersey, quite ugly, not comfortable.
And if you buy a jersey say dak, what does it mean? He will never see you in the jersey , except maybe if you go to a TC.

I guess since they actually keep a record of dak jersey sales, it is like a vote for him, but that is silly, as there is no way to vote against him,
only for him lol so pretty good deal there.

As for at the games, you could just wear a shirt with same color as jerseys, and it would look the same when players look into crowd.

if jerseys were made of better material,soft and comfy, look just like a real jersey, then I might actually buy one, except if they did that, a jersey would sell for like $1000.

Overall buying the jerseys they sell is quite stupid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why? if you want to make a dent stop watching, if ratings fall then Cowboys would not see the prime time games and would be relegated to more local coverage. It is the spot light Jerry seeks and without the viewers networks will turn to others for their prime time games. I think it is funny, don't buy jerseys? why because it takes little for a fan not to buy a jersey but much harder not to watch the game.
:laugh::huh:
So many of you just dont understand the ratings are all fake.
If you doomsday101 didnt watch any dallas games next season, no one would know, and it would not affect the ratings.
If everyone in texas stopped watching the games no one would know.

Nielsen Co. only monitors few thousand people in texas, and if your one of those, then they know if you watch or not and you represent thousands maybe millions of people.
If your not monitored by N, then it doesnt matter what you watch, your not part of the ratings.

Ratings are all estimated based on a formula and the % of neilsen viewers that watch something.

If they say 25 million people watched a dallas game, they dont really know how many watched, all they know is that a certain % of neilsen viewers watched it.
That % is usually quite low, like for 25 mil would be 10% which might be a few hundred people.
Then they input that into their magic formula and say 25 million people watched a dallas game.

Same thing for all tv shows. the people neilsen monitors control the ratings, and what shows get canceled or stay on forever.

So unless your a nielsen family what you watch has no effect on tv ratings. No one knows what you or the other 300 million are actually watching.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
:laugh::huh:
So many of you just dont understand the ratings are all fake.
If you doomsday101 didnt watch any dallas games next season, no one would know, and it would not affect the ratings.
If everyone in texas stopped watching the games no one would know.

Nielsen Co. only monitors few thousand people in texas, and if your one of those, then they know if you watch or not and you represent thousands maybe millions of people.
If your not monitored by N, then it doesnt matter what you watch, your not part of the ratings.

Ratings are all estimated based on a formula and the % of neilsen viewers that watch something.

If they say 25 million people watched a dallas game, they dont really know how many watched, all they know is that a certain % of neilsen viewers watched it.
That % is usually quite low, like for 25 mil would be 10% which might be a few hundred people.
Then they input that into their magic formula and say 25 million people watched a dallas game.

Same thing for all tv shows. the people neilsen monitors control the ratings, and what shows get canceled or stay on forever.

So unless your a nielsen family what you watch has no effect on tv ratings. No one knows what you or the other 300 million are actually watching.

So the networks will just keep showing Cowboys in prime time game, why? lol this crap about jersery is a cop out and yes it does make a difference when networks see a drop in their ratings, there is a reason they show Cowboys and it is not because we are winning SB or even the best team or matchup out there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agree
Honestly I’m not willing to stop watching my Cowboys in protest myself
Though I’m not as big a Jerry hater as some. I don’t agree with many of his decisions but many that fans complain about, are decisions I would have made myself. And many that complain don’t have any real alternative to the decisions he made

I agree but I try to be fair in credit in things I do like and things that I don't like. I don't blame Jerry when the rain falls. Fact is he and this organization have put together some good drafts and have helped to make this team at least competitive so from there is falls to coaches and players to get the job done. Jerry does speak up but then he is the one players and coaches are accountable to, he pays their checks but I don't think Jerry is as involved in as many things as some love to claim. We know that Jerry was not happy during the season with Zuerline and made that pretty clear with some comments, yet Zuerline was never cut, there was never another kicker brought into challenge him, that was left to the coaches as are many things. I don't have an issue with Jerry taking heat, as GM if the team fails that falls on him but some of the things people whine about gets to be a bit over the top. For me bottom line bring in talent to compete, if you are doing that then chances are you will get to where you want to be.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
People should stop buying anything from Jerry until the Cowboys at least get to the NFC Championship game.

That would be the year 3326 after humans finally win the war against the intelligent squirrels for the world’s last remaining water .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Big question is does Jerry have his own Jersey he had made, and what number is it, and most importanly does he sleep in it every night..lol

dfense

Reaction score
All this "Jerry is all about the jersey sales" talk is funny. Jerry has more money than he knows what to do with. When you are a billionaire, jersey sales don't mean a whole lot.

He's just not a very good GM.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
When youre watching a cowboys game on tv youre basically buying from Jerry. Youre helping his rating and keeping the team on national tv. So practice what you preach and stop watching.