Jersey Swapping

JustChip

Reaction score
What are you thoughts?

I can't stand it. Here are two opponents battling it out for 60 minutes and then exchange signed jerseys at the end of the game. Just doesn't look right in my opinion.

I can see congratulating each other and a quick exchange of words, but swapping jerseys is just too much.

Do the swap in the locker room but get that stuff off the field.

Football is more enjoyable when you know both opponents can't stand each other compared to when opponents are best friends.

Ahhh, makes me miss the Cowboys vs. the George Allen Commanders rivalry. There was genuine hate between some of the players. I always thought it strange Diron Talbert, who went to high school in Texas and was a Longhorn alum, hated the Cowboys. That rivalry also produced the first SpyGate long before the Pats.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I wonder do they really keep the jersey they exchange? Do they keep the jerseys, go home and tell the wife to wash it and put it in a trunk or something? I mean Jaylon smith does the exchange every game . He has to have close to 25 jersey at the least. What does he do with all those jersey?

conner01

Reaction score
They’re playing a game.
People think you should hate your opponent
You should want to beat him
Hating him is just silly
That’s what wrong with this country
People hate those they don’t agree with
They think football players should hate their opponent even though many of them they’ve known for years

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What are you thoughts?

I can't stand it. Here are two opponents battling it out for 60 minutes and then exchange signed jerseys at the end of the game. Just doesn't look right in my opinion.

I can see congratulating each other and a quick exchange of words, but swapping jerseys is just too much.

Football is more enjoyable when you know both opponents can't stand each other compared to when opponents are best friends.

It's a game. Why do you want these players to hate each other? A lot of these players are friends off the field. The fans are the ones who care about the actual franchises. These players come and go and are there to get paid. Gone are the days where there is any hatred. It's like playing football or any sport with your friends around the neighborhood growing up. Yes you were competing and wanted to win but you didn't hate your peers on the other side and you were still friends after the game. That's how it is. And there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Also, the jersey swapping came from the soccer world. They have been doing this a long time. And now it's came to football and basketball.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
What are you thoughts?

lol seriously?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen some big battles with the players too though.

Remember when that guy from the Titans celebrated on the star at midfield and one guy in a cowboy uniform had a problem with it? Players don't have pride in the uniform or city any more. But, disrespect them personally and they are ready to fight.

Maybe English football is a little different b/c really only the elite players move around. Bournemouth for example might produce a talent every 10 years that a club like Man U might be interested in purchasing. Most everyone else is a club lifer. Correct? So maybe their a little more team pride in english football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Remember when that guy from the Titans celebrated on the star at midfield and one guy in a cowboy uniform had a problem with it? Players don't have pride in the uniform or city any more. But, disrespect them personally and they are ready to fight.

Maybe English football is a little different b/c really only the elite players move around. Bournemouth for example might produce a talent every 10 years that a club like Man U might be interested in purchasing. Most everyone else is a club lifer. Correct? So maybe their a little more team pride in english football.

Yeah, that's true. There is more pride in English football and particularly the smaller clubs. Not only can you feel it from the supporters, but you can also feel it from the players. It takes a lot of pride for small clubs like Bournemouth to be able to compete with the big boys like Man U and Chelsea.

Additionally, I think that pride is even felt with the big boys. I was watching Liverpool and Manchester United battle on Sunday, and the players on both teams showed a LOT more heart than I see a lot of times in the NFL, even with big rivalry matchups. So maybe it is a bit different that way than the NFL. But then the Cowboys should really take a leaf out of Bournemouth's or Liverpool's book in that regard. Pleasantries after the match are fine, but on the pitch, fight with pride.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that's true. There is more pride in English football and particularly the smaller clubs. Not only can you feel it from the supporters, but you can also feel it from the players. It takes a lot of pride for small clubs like Bournemouth to be able to compete with the big boys like Man U and Chelsea.

Additionally, I think that pride is even felt with the big boys. I was watching Liverpool and Manchester United battle on Sunday, and the players on both teams showed a LOT more heart than I see a lot of times in the NFL, even with big rivalry matchups. So maybe it is a bit different that way than the NFL. But then the Cowboys should really take a leaf out of Bournemouth's or Liverpool's book in that regard. Pleasantries after the match are fine, but on the pitch, fight with pride.

Its a different mentality. The NFL has been so pussified and the players so coddled that its almost unrecgonizable from the 70's version of the NFL. English football hasn't changed much. Far more tradition.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Its a different mentality. The NFL has been so pussified and the players so coddled that its almost unrecgonizable from the 70's version of the NFL. English football hasn't changed much. Far more tradition.

If anything, I think English football has actually become the opposite of the NFL. Firstly, they've done a brilliant job of trying to improve the quality of play and making sure that the refs have improved ways of making sure that the calls are correct. Additionally, I've noticed that they are getting a bit better at identifying dives, whereas dives in the NFL are becoming rather common, aren't they? I reckon that a lot of the holding calls that you see now come from dives in the NFL. Also, the some of the derbies in football have become actually quite intense. Some of them have always been very much intense, but squads like Bournemouth are etching our own derbies now.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Could be a secondary retirement fund for some players one day if they get the right jerseys :D

ever see cameo.com ?
its a place where you can play a celebrity to record a video message for you, there are hundreds, some very well known ones
there are a few current Cowboys on their like Antoine Woods
a little side cash I guess

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
holding could be called on every play.

Yes, and I've noticed that, in the cases that they are getting called, the chap that was called was typically due to a good acting job by the other player. For example, I think the bloke that Tyron "held" against either the Colts or the Eagles actually did do a bit of a dive.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anything, I think English football has actually become the opposite of the NFL. Firstly, they've done a brilliant job of trying to improve the quality of play and making sure that the refs have improved ways of making sure that the calls are correct. Additionally, I've noticed that they are getting a bit better at identifying dives, whereas dives in the NFL are becoming rather common, aren't they? I reckon that a lot of the holding calls that you see now come from dives in the NFL. Also, the some of the derbies in football have become actually quite intense. Some of them have always been very much intense, but squads like Bournemouth are etching our own derbies now.

I can relate. I'm an Atlanta United ticket holder and I can tell you the fanbase is far passionate than the falcons fanbase. They play in the same stadium and its night and day. The attendance for United ranks 17th in the entire world. The crowd sings and stands the whole game...........and its actually a cr-p product compared to the Premier league..........but its what we got.. lol