Jersey Swapping

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can relate. I'm an Atlanta United ticket holder and I can tell you the fanbase is far passionate than the falcons fanbase. They play in the same stadium and its night and day. The attendance for United ranks 17th in the entire world. The crowd sings and stands the whole game...........and its actually a cr-p product compared to the Premier league..........but its what we got.. lol

I have seen that. It really seems good fun with what you lot are doing in Atlanta with your football club, and I think that it's partly why your lot won the Cup. In fact, I'd actually think that the NFL experience would be better with English football-style chants. I mean, if, for example, Lance Lenoir ever manages to get a TD, how fun would it be to shout at the opposing fans, "Lenoir scored a TD! Lenoir Scored a TD!! How **** must you be? Lenior scored a TD!"? Or, finding a player like Zeke to chant. I've got something in mind in the tune of In the Jungle.

There was a RB, an Ohio State back called Zeke! He came from the Buckeyes, nearly went to the Giants, but now he's alright! Zeke the back Zeke the back!

I think you catch my drift. Probably a **** chant, but we can work on that lol. Still, it'd be BRILLIANT to have at games. How fun would the atmosphere then? And the players do feed off that, you'd be surprised. I think it's partially why Atlanta United is growing in popularity from what I can tell where you are. In fact, it's probably why the MLS is actually gaining popularity. It's good fun to attend football matches, partially because the fan atmosphere is so great! It's really brilliant, and it's partly why it's the beautiful game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen that. It really seems good fun with what you lot are doing in Atlanta with your football club, and I think that it's partly why your lot won the Cup. In fact, I'd actually think that the NFL experience would be better with English football-style chants. I mean, if, for example, Lance Lenoir ever manages to get a TD, how fun would it be to shout at the opposing fans, "Lenoir scored a TD! Lenoir Scored a TD!! How **** must you be? Lenior scored a TD!"? Or, finding a player like Zeke to chant. I've got something in mind in the tune of In the Jungle.

There was a RB, an Ohio State back called Zeke! He came from the Buckeyes, nearly went to the Giants, but now he's alright! Zeke the back Zeke the back!

I think you catch my drift. Probably a **** chant, but we can work on that lol. Still, it'd be BRILLIANT to have at games. How fun would the atmosphere then? And the players do feed off that, you'd be surprised. I think it's partially why Atlanta United is growing in popularity from what I can tell where you are. In fact, it's probably why the MLS is actually gaining popularity. It's good fun to attend football matches, partially because the fan atmosphere is so great! It's really brilliant, and it's partly why it's the beautiful game.

Here's the fly in the honey. A lot of attendees at cowboy games are either spectators on corporate junkets or opposing fans. Its like that at every new stadium that requires PSL's to purchase season tickets. Only corporations and relatively wealthy individuals can afford NFL tickets.

The soccer team in Atlanta requires no PSL and seat prices are affordable. You have more real fans. The crowds are so different you would think the teams played in different parts of the country.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Just pure awesomeness. The guy had no airs. He just went out and kicked a#S every sunday. How he's not in the HOF is astounding. He is on the 70's all-decade team.
100 percent agree. Great player!

different times when the game was real and the players played for the love of it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's the fly in the honey. A lot of attendees at cowboy games are either spectators on corporate junkets or opposing fans. Its like that at every new stadium that requires PSL's to purchase season tickets. Only corporations and relatively wealthy individuals can afford NFL tickets.

The soccer team in Atlanta requires no PSL and seat prices are affordable. You have more real fans. The crowds are so different you would think the teams played in different parts of the country.

Yes, and that's what I've found to be so stupid about the NFL. The PSLs are an absolute waste! The NFL, ironically, would actually make a LOT more money by scrapping that and making to where the average fan can actually attend like the MLS (one of the few things they do right) do. It's no wonder AT&T Stadium and other new stadiums sound like a library!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
back in the 60's, 70's and 80's teams use to put bounties on players to knock them out of games for the wins.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, and that's what I've found to be so stupid about the NFL. The PSLs are an absolute waste! The NFL, ironically, would actually make a LOT more money by scrapping that and making to where the average fan can actually attend like the MLS (one of the few things they do right) do. It's no wonder AT&T Stadium and other new stadiums sound like a library!

In fact, just to put it in perspective, here's the ticket price to the next Bournemouth fixture at Tottenham in Wembley Stadium on Boxing Day: https://tickets.afcb.co.uk/Online/mapSelect.asp. For the decent seat in the visitor's section, it's 30 quid for adults to attend the match which is roughly $37. In comparison, here's the ticket price for the next Cowboys fixture against Tampa Bay (not exactly a big team or a successful team): https://seatgeek.com/dallas-cowboys-tickets/primary-only/event/4327918. $35 for standing room, and the rest are absolutely mental! Oh, and at Wembley for the Tottenham v Bournemouth match, you actually get a proper seat at the stadium of a fairly big club.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't like it, but this is a new era. The "old school" football I grew up with is long gone.

:hammer:

Sadly....the day of the blindside hit...blood...spearing...coach making a gutsy call and the sack...is being replaced w/ bad officiating...Vegas lines dictating games...and a warlord commishner.:rolleyes:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I have no problem with it. At the end of the game you should have some respect for your opponent win, lose, or draw. I always did. I don’t see why you would hate them unless they disrespect you in some way during the game? If they’re a good sportsman (and most players are) why would you have an issue in swapping jerseys?