Jesse Holley frustrated with misleading analysis of Dak Prescott and Cowboys

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Here @Jake Chase mentions him and the undue criticism.

I honestly don't care about this video either.

I'm not a "Dakstan" but I also don't blame him for every loss - both are just lazy takes. Dak was not the reason the Cowboys lost at Philadelphia. If 374 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions aren't enough to win, then other things went sideways.

The so-called "great" defense has given up 14 touchdowns in the Cowboys 3 losses. That's 98 points in three games. That's not greatness, and has nothing to do with Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I follow all of Jesse's media, and interact with him on Twitter. He's not at all saying the mischaracterization of his words that you're saying here.

At no point does he mention Dak. He's talking about fan boys who pay for All-22 access and have no clue what they are watching.

Nice try, Batman. :rolleyes:
For the record, I never said anything about mischaracterizing anything. Jesse Holley and the video creator did. I agree with them though, since I have noticed and said how so many misunderstand or don't know what's happening or why on certain plays.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I'm not a "Dakstan" but I also don't blame him for every loss - both are just lazy takes. Dak was not the reason the Cowboys lost at Philadelphia. If 374 yards, 3 TDs, and no interceptions aren't enough to win, then other things went sideways.

The so-called "great" defense has given up 14 touchdowns in the Cowboys 3 losses. That's 98 points in three games. That's not greatness, and has nothing to do with Dak.
Lazy take? He dissected 14 plays. I feel like you’re mischaracterizing his work.

Gambit

Reaction score
I follow all of Jesse's media, and interact with him on Twitter. He's not at all saying the mischaracterization of his words that you're saying here.

At no point does he mention Dak. He's talking about fan boys who pay for All-22 access and have no clue what they are watching.

Well, to be fair, his main audience and talking points are about the Dallas Cowboys, and he says the QB, which QB would he be talking about do you suppose?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

While I agree in concept that the defense is not as great as sold, I should also say this the last line is a bit misleading too. The defense was given NO help from the offense against Arizona or San Francisco. Hold on and score a few more points those games change.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Holley used to kinda be a Dak hater before 2022. He actually said Lamb was not a 1 before last season. I wonder what changed his opinion. :huh:
I have mad respect for J. Holley - the dude man’s up when he’s wrong. And, has no problem explaining WHY he was wrong. I’d love to see he and Isaiah Stanback do a Podcast together - 2 intelligent guys that like the ‘Boys but won’t hesitate to dismantle them when things ain’t right (unlike many of the other Cowboys Media members that are EXTREME HOMERS)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have mad respect for J. Holley - the dude man’s up when he’s wrong. And, has no problem explaining WHY he was wrong. I’d love to see he and Isaiah Stanback do a Podcast together - 2 intelligent guys that like the ‘Boys but won’t hesitate to dismantle them when things ain’t right (unlike many of the other Cowboys Media members that are EXTREME HOMERS)
Yeah, Holley had to take Cavanaugh out for a steak dinner because of his CeeDee take.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've become a big fan of Stanback. He is pretty much the sole reason I tune into Talkin' Cowboys each day (well, I also like Machota).

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He doesn't mention Dak by name, but pretty obvious he is referring to a lot of the All-22 QB videos based on his examples.

I agree. I can't stand videos where people start pointing out who is open as if it's just that easy.

Holly talks about how you can find enough ex-players posting videos about plays to get a true analysis.

Want to point out I've always enjoyed Kurt Warner's videos for this very purpose.

If you have ESPN+, they have a lot of stuff like this available for streaming from the various years.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holley is a paid cowboy apologist. He literally works for the team. If he came out and called Dak gutless like a lot in the national media , he would be out of a job…… so there’s that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Holley used to kinda be a Dak hater before 2022. He actually said Lamb was not a 1 before last season. I wonder what changed his opinion. :huh:
He said it on one of the preseason shows that he changed his tune upon seeing Lamb at camp. He could see that he was noticeably thicker and stronger than in previous seasons. He said he expected Lamb to go off this year.. So far he has been right..

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes, its a concerted narrative from the "sport media" because they are losing their stranglehold on the space. I laugh when former player turned media push the "don't talk if you haven't played card".