Jesse Holley Question

yimyammer

Reaction score
i wonder if he's joining Nate Newton on " Hanging with the Boys" on DC.com site ?

I dunno but just asking, he was recently a guest there I heard, but I don't visit that show very much.

I saw him on an episode of this show a few days ago, dont if that was permanent or guest appearance

yimyammer

Reaction score
he's pretty active on Twitter still

seems like a good dude, hope he sticks around

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What argument did he get into with Spag? I imagine Spag was in the wrong because

It was the post game show after Week 1. It was about scoring points. I can't remember who was on which side of the argument but one side said it was reasonable that Dallas could score in the 30s seemingly every game and the other side didn't think so at all. I want to say Jesse said this offense could do that. It was a pretty heated argument. Some said Jesse got mad and walked off the set for a few segments to calm down (not sure if this is accurate).

I enjoyed Jesse because he told it like it is and was no nonsense. He didn't sugar coat anything like Mickey or Broaddus. They are complete blowhards who are Jerry bootlickers.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
he's pretty active on Twitter still

seems like a good dude, hope he sticks around
Agree. I like Jesse a lot. He interacts with fans on Twitter all the time too. I hate that he's not on the Fan anymore but he is on Hanging with the Boys. I won't listen to the Pre/Postgame anymore. I like Choppy but he and Ari aren't a good combo.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
It was the post game show after Week 1. It was about scoring points. I can't remember who was on which side of the argument but one side said it was reasonable that Dallas could score in the 30s seemingly every game and the other side didn't think so at all. I want to say Jesse said this offense could do that. It was a pretty heated argument. Some said Jesse got mad and walked off the set for a few segments to calm down (not sure if this is accurate).

I enjoyed Jesse because he told it like it is and was no nonsense. He didn't sugar coat anything like Mickey or Broaddus. They are complete blowhards who are Jerry bootlickers.
It was Jesse who said the offense should. I think the Fan fired him because of it. He tweeted something Sunday in relation to Antonio Brown being fired. I do like him too. Mickey is very arrogant to anyone he comes across-except his idol Jason Garrett. Broaddus isn't as bad.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Jesse is burning bridges in the media as fast as they pop up with his know-it-all attitude. He didn't respect Mickey's long history with the Cowboys so they got into it. It didn't turn out well for Mr4th and Long. The Fan let him go. Now he's a permanent fixture on "Hanging with the 'Boys" and "The Players Lounge". How that works with Mickey in the same building, I don't know. They make it work.
Who actually respects mickey spagnola lol

mldardy

Reaction score
What argument did he get into with Spag? I imagine Spag was in the wrong because
He got into with Mickey on the postgame show after the Giants game about the Cowboys offense needing to average 30 points a game because the top 4 scoring offenses last year: KC, LAR, NE, and NO all made it to the championship game. He said football is about scoring and the Cowboys need to do that in order to go far. Mickey said that the Cowboys don't necessarily have to do this and that struck a nerve with Jesse who basically told him he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he's done talking to Mickey.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
He got into with Mickey on the postgame show after the Giants game about the Cowboys offense needing to average 30 points a game because the top 4 scoring offenses last year: KC, LAR, NE, and NO all made it to the championship game. He said football is about scoring and the Cowboys need to do that order to go far. Mickey said that the Cowboys don't necessarily have to do this and that struck a nerve with Jesse who basically told him he doesn't know whta he's talking about and that he's done talking to Mickey.

I like Holley even more now

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
He always has been, since way back when he coined the "if he's so good" talking down to a fan on the radio asking about us signing La'Roi Glover. Which after we did just that he immediately changed his mind and proclaimed it a genius signing.....
right or when someone criticizes the coaching staff he always says "Well, what would YOU have done differently?" Umm something other than run on 1st down all the time!!!

remdak

Reaction score
Holley is on Cover 4 and Hanging with the Boys as a regular panelist/contributor. So, even if Mickey hates him, Dallas hired him

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
He got into with Mickey on the postgame show after the Giants game about the Cowboys offense needing to average 30 points a game because the top 4 scoring offenses last year: KC, LAR, NE, and NO all made it to the championship game. He said football is about scoring and the Cowboys need to do that in order to go far. Mickey said that the Cowboys don't necessarily have to do this and that struck a nerve with Jesse who basically told him he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he's done talking to Mickey.
The thing is I didn't think anything of it at first until Holley walked off set. I think that pissed the Fan execs off. Whatever, Spagnola is a Jason Garrett worshiper. Jesse is right. This is a scoring league. 21 points a game won't do it.

mldardy

Reaction score
The thing is I didn't think anything of it at first until Holley walked off set. I think that pissed the Fan execs off. Whatever, Spagnola is a Jason Garrett worshiper. Jesse is right. This is a scoring league. 21 points a game won't do it.
Yeah I was surprised that Jesse let Mickey get to him. It really didn't seem like something to be that upset about. Jesse made a good point and Mickey countered it and that should have been the end. Must be some history between the two that goes back.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised that Jesse let Mickey get to him. It really didn't seem like something to be that upset about. Jesse made a good point and Mickey countered it and that should have been the end. Must be some history between the two that goes back.
I also think even though Jesse liked doing the pregame/postgame show that he was kind of over it. He was getting other gigs that were less time consuming. For a Sunday Night game he could be there from 4-1 am. Add in prep and that's a lot of time!!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Mickey is critical on the team when deserved. I have followed him covering the Boys since the late '80s.