Jesse Holley Question

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Someone on Cowboys Break actually made a slick joke during a recent podcast about Mickey getting someone fired if you argue with him. I believe it was Eatman....

cej757

Reaction score
I've heard Mickey taking shots at Jessie Holley before Jessie even started working at dc.com. I remember a fan brought up something Jesse said on a postgame show about Garrett and Mickey said Jesse doesn't know what he's talking about. I was like I think Jessie was inside the locker room Mickey he should know what's going on. I don't think Mickey ever respected the way Jessie made the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Permanent. Think the one guy has cancer and left

Kurt Daniels does have cancer. He is going through treatment so he isn’t on many episodes. Though he will be back when healthy.

I do think Jesse will be permanent even after Kurt comes back.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
He got into with Mickey on the postgame show after the Giants game about the Cowboys offense needing to average 30 points a game because the top 4 scoring offenses last year: KC, LAR, NE, and NO all made it to the championship game. He said football is about scoring and the Cowboys need to do that in order to go far. Mickey said that the Cowboys don't necessarily have to do this and that struck a nerve with Jesse who basically told him he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he's done talking to Mickey.
Good for Jesse. Mick is a blowhard, who is a happy fan no matter what the team does. He is never wrong (in his eyes) the only one who regularly challenges him is Broaddus, which is the only thing I like about Broaddus (who is a bit arrogant with some fans and their takes).

quickccc

Reaction score
i'd love to hear that audio podcast argument between Mickey and Jessie Holley, but seeing it's not the first time two sides have disagreed and argued it out in
discussing football indifferences, even weekday 105.3 fan morning hosts ( RJ Choppy? ) have gotten into it vs Mickey Spagnola, and at one time Mick took absence away from
the Fan radio, before reuniting again to his daily segments during football season.

and i'll bet it was something else, .. or something added to it, that Jessie may have did to infuriate the execs.. and that was the end of that.
for instance, walking off the set and exposing the air waves to dead air, would be an absolute no-no to any station, ..

But maybe something may have already been brewing behind the scenes, as Holley also disposed of his infamous .. " You Gots to Go ! " segments that his listens were so fund of ..

quickccc

Reaction score
One of the problems I thought with Jessie Holley is he will bash Cowboys players.. and even Cowboys fans at times, just to try to make it look like he doesn’t have a Cowboys bias
But it can get overboard to such ex-Cowboy players (ala Charles haley) felt irritated and annoyed enough to called in and in turn bash Holley himself.
And Holley will say some stunners such as … “ Saquon Barkley was a reach by the Giants

Wayne02

Reaction score
Holley is lucky to even have been given that opportunity. He really doesn’t have the voice for radio, and if it weren’t for Ben and Skin, he wouldn’t have been hired in the first place. I’m not a fan of Mickey, but like him, I don’t respect how Holley even made the team back in the day.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's was just a guess on players lounge. Thats Barry Church,Danny McCray, and Newyy Scruggs.
Thanks for correcting me. I saw him on the one episode and thought he would be a regular there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Holley is on Cover 4 and Hanging with the Boys as a regular panelist/contributor. So, even if Mickey hates him, Dallas hired him
Jesse Holley is no longer on Cover 4. He was replaced by Barry Church this season. So I think all he does is the podcast with Nate Newton.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not a Jesse Holley fan at all. He's far too in love with his own opinion and won't even consider he might be wrong about something. The fight with Mickey was Jesse's fault because of Mickey counterpointing his opinion about scoring 30 pts every game. Jesse wasn't having it so he insisted his opinion was correct, despite it only being an opinion.

shabazz

Reaction score
What argument did he get into with Spag? I imagine Spag was in the wrong because

It was posted that they got into an argument because Jesse had stolen Spag's Masseur at their spa. That could have been settled in a better way

LittleD

Reaction score
The thing is I didn't think anything of it at first until Holley walked off set. I think that pissed the Fan execs off. Whatever, Spagnola is a Jason Garrett worshiper. Jesse is right. This is a scoring league. 21 points a game won't do it.

That's not necessarily true! Spags is a Jerry Jones worshiper. Whatever the FO says, Spags quotes as gospel. Spags is constantly in Jerry's jock.

LittleD

Reaction score
Holley is lucky to even have been given that opportunity. He really doesn’t have the voice for radio, and if it weren’t for Ben and Skin, he wouldn’t have been hired in the first place. I’m not a fan of Mickey, but like him, I don’t respect how Holley even made the team back in the day.

Now that's funny, Jesse went to New England Patriots the year after being released by Dallas. Obviously, they wanted to kick the tires.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Now that's funny, Jesse went to New England Patriots the year after being released by Dallas. Obviously, they wanted to kick the tires.

He was a camp body for New England which is why he didn’t make the team.

LittleD

Reaction score
Again, camp body, and what happened after that?

Listen to him sometime, dude. He's with Nate now and he knows something about football as opposed to Spags the rag. Lots of good
college players don't make it for long in the NFL you know.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Listen to him sometime, dude. He's with Nate now and he knows something about football as opposed to Spags the rag. Lots of good
college players don't make it for long in the NFL you know.

I used to listen to him all the time on 105.3, he makes good points here and there as most people could do, but his voice is annoying and he thinks he’s above criticism. He didn’t “make it” to the NFL, he won a game show and was handed a roster spot. Good for him, I just don’t respect it.