Jesse Holley: Wade Phillip was sabotaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Seems Garrett has been sabotaging himself, giving the team different playbooks even within the same game when we abandon something that is working in order to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Kellen Moore...It was so obvious after the 3rd game....playbooks were switched. Didn't want the hot shot upstart taking his job. :popcorn:

Hot shot? He is one of the biggest problems. Throwing to prove a point about Dak being among the best qb's in the league.

This guy's lousy playcalling has cost this team games. I can't wait till he is run off with the rest of the staff.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It doesn't explain why Wade's defense got worse every season.

He had no business being a head coach, he is a great coordinator that needs a strong coach to keep the team in line.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe the turd Holley is right, but that would mean the playbook he unrolled was effective. I have a hard time buying into that. I believe it were true if it was a player that was playing at the time.

johneric8

Reaction score
It's a fact that Wade was sabotaged. Garrett most definitely is 100% utterly fake and fraudulent, so of course he would do anything to undermine an incumbent coach if that meant getting his first crack and steering a ship. Garrett fake cusses on shows like all or nothing to show he is tough, then turns around and grins ear to ear and sounds like Mary poppins on his stupid Jason garrett show.. The guy is probably a very good person of beneath some of his deficiencies, but the only way he can manipulate each and every situation is to put on a persona... He has put out bad karma over the years much like Jerry and not it's time to pay the piper.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The whole team quit under Wade Phillips and went 1-7. His training camps were so easy they were called "Camp Cupcake".

That isn't about the playbook.

The cupcake thing started the first year he was here by one of the engle's. I don't remember which one Jen had a show on espn radio at the time with steve dennis and they basically made it their life's mission to attack wade for not being parcells. That was it. mac engle wrote it in the paper, jen engle said it on the radio and steve dennis said it on tv.

Camp Cupcake was born.

The whole team didn't quit under wade by the way. They blew the washington and titans games and were winning the giants game when Romo was injured. Jon Kitna was terrible against Jax and GB. On defense they played a lot of man to man defense and brought pressure. Mike jenkins was awful in the first half of the season. Keith Brookings abilities fell off a cliff also and it affected what they had success with the year before.

Paul Pasqualoni played a lot of zone and it helped the secondary and the linebackers. If roy williams didn't fumble after getting the game clinching first down vs new orleans on thanksgiving this team might have snuck in the playoffs that year.

Big_D

Reaction score
Look at the scores of those games and tell me which side of the ball was the problem when Wade was here.

I can't understand why. Jerrys' defensive acquisitions were top notch. lol He was scapegoated out of town along with the other dozen or so hung out to dry for Garrett. One side of the ball was setup much better for success. That was certainly the case for Phillips. Jerry's off seasons were a joke.

Big_D

Reaction score
He was sabotaged by Jerry and Garrett. The master plan was clear and in motion the second he hired Garrett.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It probably wasn't intentional, he was just that bad of an OC.

Yup, the playcalling has been awful. However, the offensive talent in certain positions was excellent. Tony extended a lot of plays with his feet for significant gains or TD's, and Dez was snagging passes from the air that frankly, only a few could do.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jesse Holley is a clown.

The one play he made in his career, he almost completely screwed it up. This could have easily ended up in a fumble out of the back of the end zone. That was the Romo punctured lung game.

Slightly off topic, but who else at the time thought it was unwise to pass up a shot at a TD with first and goal from the 2 and go straight to the FG?

This was the same year that Garrett screwed up the end game VS the Patriots. It aggravated me so much that I still remember it.

erod

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but who else at the time thought it was unwise to pass up a shot at a TD with first and goal from the 2 and go straight to the FG?

This was the same year that Garrett screwed up the end game VS the Patriots. It aggravated me so much that I still remember it.
I don't risk a turnover there. I kick.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jesse Holley is a clown.

The one play he made in his career, he almost completely screwed it up. This could have easily ended up in a fumble out of the back of the end zone. That was the Romo punctured lung game.

This game solidified my belief in Romo. Tough as nails, true football player. Dak is in the same boat too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You take your shots, I’ll take mine. But I’ll only own what I’ve actually said about Garrett, and not what his detractors want to pretend I’ve said.

I’ve been 100% right about him, regardless how his tenure here might end. We’ll see this weekend whether or not he’s lost the team. I think there’s a good chance he has, fwiw, and if it’s true, I’ll have no problem saying so, if that makes you happy. But it won’t change what’s actually gone on here in his tenure. You’ll all be just as wrong about the causes and effects of the issues.

Get checked.

Seriously.

Get checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.