Jesse Holley: Wade Phillip was sabotaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This is the only thing Jesse has to offer. He tells this story twice a week and then contradicts himself the other days.

When Garrett is gone in a few weeks he will have nothing else to harp on.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The playbook sucks pretty bad right now. Other teams know what we're going to do. Is Jason trying to sabotage himself?

Kellen Moore...It was so obvious after the 3rd game....playbooks were switched. Didn't want the hot shot upstart taking his job. :popcorn:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this topic was discussed before.
But On “hangin with the boys” Jesse Holley mentioned it again.

he said he believes Wade was sabotaged by Garrett and that Jesse knows they received a new offensive playbook after Wade was fired and beforehand they were running more vanilla
Plays and schemes.

I just thought it was an interesting nugget from the podcast yesterday.

Garrett had a playbook that was worse than the one he used as Head Coach...I'm not buying that.

plasticman

Reaction score

he said he believes Wade was sabotaged by Garrett and that Jesse knows they received a new offensive playbook after Wade was fired and beforehand they were running more vanilla
Plays and schemes.

Let's not forget, Wade Phillips had absolutely no input when it came to the offensive side of the football. In addition, Wade was given the responsibility of DC.

Jason reported directly to Jerry Jones as did Wade Phillips. In essence, Wade was never really treated as if he was the Head Coach until it came time to point a finger.

Let's also remember Jerry's mantra. All decisions are finalized by him. He is the GM.

Therefore, I would submit that Wade Phillips was absolutely sabotaged but not by Jason.

It wasn't Wade that hired Jason as his coordinator, it was Jerry. In fact Jason was hired for his position before Wade was hired. The sabotage began the moment Wade accepted the job....which he shouldn't have.

The condition of Jerry's interference, Jason's independence plus the added responsibility of being the DC was a recipe for disaster.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Care to give examples where Garrett took direction from his "boss"? Ever hear a word from Phillip's mouth that suggested he had any measure of control of that side of the football?

If so, please share.

I know it is tough for you to figure out that Phillips was neutered from the minute he was hired as head coach with his OC in place, but please try to play along.

I also know this is a very hard time for you showing what you felt was the football messiah to be exposed as a total fraud.

After a decade.

I haven’t remotely suggested Phillips wasn’t neutered in Dallas, and have no idea why you’re trying to grind that ax. The point was you can’t succeed by failing on purpose in a lesser role. And the idea he’d do that when he was already the HC in waiting is a foolish notion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said. I don’t think that’s necessarily what happened.

It’s far more likely he just isn’t good enough at the job. As we have been finding out the hard way the past 10 years.

On a points/offensive series basis, the Garrett offenses were actually pretty good. Not that anybody cares.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't say if Garrett intentionally stabbed his boss in the back, but I DO believe Garrett sucks enough unintentionally that he didn't need to suck on purpose.

That’s a different argument. I don’t agree with it, either, but it at least makes a lot more sense than the conspiracy stuff does.

As much as I recognize that Garrett’s been a much better coach in Dallas than people want to admit, I’ve never actually been a fan of his offensive system. It’s just not that fun to watch.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the laaaast person to be taking shots at people here. My God I've never seen someone so utterly wrong about something as you w your Garrett worship.

You take your shots, I’ll take mine. But I’ll only own what I’ve actually said about Garrett, and not what his detractors want to pretend I’ve said.

I’ve been 100% right about him, regardless how his tenure here might end. We’ll see this weekend whether or not he’s lost the team. I think there’s a good chance he has, fwiw, and if it’s true, I’ll have no problem saying so, if that makes you happy. But it won’t change what’s actually gone on here in his tenure. You’ll all be just as wrong about the causes and effects of the issues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, truthfully Wade wasn't a real HC anyway. Dude is not about speaking up and taking center stage in a meeting of coaches. I could definitely see him sitting there off to the side just letting it all happen in front of him lol. He wasn't gong to make it as a HC no matter if Garrett sabotages him or not.
Yeah I find it odd people are trying to change the narrative on Wade. He was probably a worse head coach than Garrett. Great defensive mind but that’s where it stopped.

Brax

Reaction score

Plays and schemes.

It was said then and is still said JG was JJ choice to be HC. JG snaked WP on JJ orders so WP could be fired and Jerry's Tom Landry could take over. Many do not believe it but to me JG and JJ are the biggest snakes there are and truthfully I hope Wade and the Rams run up the points so bad Jerry cries and Garrett get the axe, just poetic justice in my mind.

Brax

Reaction score
The whole team quit under Wade Phillips and went 1-7. His training camps were so easy they were called "Camp Cupcake".

That isn't about the playbook.
Your Guy JG sucks and is a snake of snakes, screwing WP was "a process".

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Plays and schemes.

But we know that is not true. When JG took over as OC we had one of the best offenses in the NFL.....that is just a fact. Much like this year with JG the message got stale with Wade. He was not a good HC....one of the great DCs of all time though.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was obvious that the players quit on him. Starting to look the same for JG. Karma.

Tommy

Reaction score
If Kellen Moore is named HC next year and brings in a new playbook does that mean he sabotaged Garrett?

Status
Not open for further replies.