Jets asking price for Adams is one 1st and two 2nd rounders

coult44

Reaction score
Way to cherry pick

OK, I’ll bite. In the last three years have we drafted a star? Possibly LVE, but not if he plays like he has this year. Possibly Gallup, if he plays like he did during training camp. But nobody else. That’s three years of cherry picking . But, I’ll give you a pass because I’m a Cowboys fan also, and we love to live in the past

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Id have offered a one, a three and a two next year. Thats why Im the fantasy football champ. Cant expect the FO to be at my skill level.

You are really hilarious. A fantasy football player which is just that fantasy, make believe, unreal, claiming to be better or smarter than a real GM as in actually doing it for a real NFL team and not a fantasy team. I'll be that if you ever stay at a Holiday Inn you'll do what they used to say in those commercials when someone acts like a doctor and when asked if they are a real doctor they said no but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. Gee look at me I'm a fantasy football GM so I'm better than a actual professional GM.

CWR

Reaction score
You are really hilarious. A fantasy football player which is just that fantasy, make believe, unreal, claiming to be better or smarter than a real GM as in actually doing it for a real NFL team and not a fantasy team. I'll be that if you ever stay at a Holiday Inn you'll do what they used to say in those commercials when someone acts like a doctor and when asked if they are a real doctor they said no but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. Gee look at me I'm a fantasy football GM so I'm better than a actual professional GM.

You're not much of a read between the lines guy huh?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not fair for a guy you are going to have to pay 15 million a year in one year. Its not fair for a guy you can try to sign for nothing in a year.

If he had 3 years left on his deal, maybe that's fair. They obviously like him very much, they were just putting it out there to see if they could get something crazy for him.
Well you would trade for him expecting to sign him. You sign guys his caliber.

Big_D

Reaction score
This trade would've been moronic. You can't trade your first away every October. Draft a dam safety.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
[
OK, I’ll bite. In the last three years have we drafted a star? Possibly LVE, but not if he plays like he has this year. Possibly Gallup, if he plays like he did during training camp. But nobody else. That’s three years of cherry picking . But, I’ll give you a pass because I’m a Cowboys fan also, and we love to live in the past

Training camp? He's been legit the last two seasons.

Also love the 3 year qualifier, cherry picking again. 2016 doesn't meet your agenda?

coult44

Reaction score
[

Training camp? He's been legit the last two seasons.

Also love the 3 year qualifier, cherry picking again. 2016 doesn't meet your agenda?

Only agenda I have is being a fan of losers for 25 straight years!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
This trade would've been moronic. You can't trade your first away every October. Draft a dam safety.

Not only that, but these are the most costly types of trades. Trading a ton for a star player near the end of his contract. They're going to want a king's ransom, and they'll get it. How many times should Dallas do this?

Big_D

Reaction score
Not only that, but these are the most costly types of trades. Trading a ton for a star player near the end of his contract. They're going to want a king's ransom, and they'll get it. How many times should Dallas do this?

That's true. Those rookie deals are very important. They have a bunch of huge contracts in the works, this deal would've made no sense. Sure, they definitely need a safety, but not at that price tag.

EJK24

Reaction score
I would have loved to have Adams on our roster but the price was just too high. Who knows what happens the rest of the way but I would imagine once the draft comes around this trade could come to fruition. I have no clue what safeties are coming out next year but Adams is young enough that a first rounder and maybe something later on day three, would make him worth it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I would have loved to have Adams on our roster but the price was just too high. Who knows what happens the rest of the way but I would imagine once the draft comes around this trade could come to fruition. I have no clue what safeties are coming out next year but Adams is young enough that a first rounder and maybe something later on day three, would make him worth it.

Yes but the jets want a 1st and 2nd from the 2020 draft and also a 2nd from the 2021 draft. That's way way way way to much for someone that's been to just a single Pro Bowl. Yes Adams is a safety and Deion was a corner but Adams isn't even close to the playing level for a safety as Deion Deion did playing corner.

EJK24

Reaction score
Yes but the jets want a 1st and 2nd from the 2020 draft and also a 2nd from the 2021 draft. That's way way way way to much for someone that's been to just a single Pro Bowl. Yes Adams is a safety and Deion was a corner but Adams isn't even close to the playing level for a safety as Deion Deion did playing corner.

I agree that's way too much, however, I think by the time the draft rolls around it will change. Adams publicly spoke out about how it was handled and he doesnt seem happy with the organization.

They ultimately decide the price and he cant force his way out but they may decide it's best to move on and take the best offer they can get at that time.

If they stay at that kind of crazy price? Screw it we look elsewhere in the draft or free agency.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I agree that's way too much, however, I think by the time the draft rolls around it will change. Adams publicly spoke out about how it was handled and he doesnt seem happy with the organization.

They ultimately decide the price and he cant force his way out but they may decide it's best to move on and take the best offer they can get at that time.

If they stay at that kind of crazy price? Screw it we look elsewhere in the draft or free agency.

I don't care if the price drops. If it doesn't drop to a single 2nd round pick it's to much for a player that's gone to a single Pro Bowl as an alternate. I've said this before, when announcers and analysts on TV talk about the best safeties in the league I seldom or never hear Adam's name mentioned.

EJK24

Reaction score
I don't care if the price drops. If it doesn't drop to a single 2nd round pick it's to much for a player that's gone to a single Pro Bowl as an alternate. I've said this before, when announcers and analysts on TV talk about the best safeties in the league I seldom or never hear Adam's name mentioned.

I get it but we dont have to like it or agree but it seems Dallas must feel different. I dont like giving up a first round pick but if hes a real difference maker in the front offices opinion, that might be all it takes.

If you would have asked me about giving a first rounder for Amari I would have thought that was crazy but it has worked out great so far.