Jets asking price for Adams is one 1st and two 2nd rounders

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if the price drops. If it doesn't drop to a single 2nd round pick it's to much for a player that's gone to a single Pro Bowl as an alternate. I've said this before, when announcers and analysts on TV talk about the best safeties in the league I seldom or never hear Adam's name mentioned.

The dude was second team all-pro in his second season in the NFL. The talent is not in question.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The dude was second team all-pro in his second season in the NFL. The talent is not in question.

The list is a mile long of players with a single Pro Bowl selection and that's it. Those players have career years and get rewarded for it but never repeat those years. Adams has exactly TWO picks in his career, in his All Pro season he had 12 pass defenses his rookie year 6 and 5 so far this season. Now you may think those are super great numbers but I don't. When Byron Jones played safety and he wasn't that good at safety he had 2 picks and more pass defenses that Adams.

Flamma

Reaction score
Apparently during these talks the Jets inquired about Zack Martin and Tyrone Smith. Got that over my news feed. However, I'm not sure if that inquiry had anything to do with the Adams trade or not. It also mentioned that the Cowboys offer was a 1st and DB Brown for Adams.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The list is a mile long of players with a single Pro Bowl selection and that's it. Those players have career years and get rewarded for it but never repeat those years. Adams has exactly TWO picks in his career, in his All Pro season he had 12 pass defenses his rookie year 6 and 5 so far this season. Now you may think those are super great numbers but I don't. When Byron Jones played safety and he wasn't that good at safety he had 2 picks and more pass defenses that Adams.

His all-pro season was just last year. He is one of the 40 best players in the NFL. You've got no case to question his talent. Safeties are judged by a hell of a lot more criteria than INT's. The fact you would even compare Byron at safety to Adams only illustrates that you don't know what your looking at.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/2019-nfl-top-100.htm

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
His all-pro season was just last year. He is one of the 40 best players in the NFL. You've got no case to question his talent. Safeties are judged by a hell of a lot more criteria than INT's. The fact you would even compare Byron at safety to Adams only illustrates that you don't know what your looking at.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/2019-nfl-top-100.htm

First on your list I see TWO other SS listed before Adams. Second I'll say it again whenever I hear announcers and/or analysts talk about safeties I seldom or never hear Adams mentioned. The only time I hear his name is if the game I'm watching is a jets game, but when watching other games and safeties are mentioned that play for teams not playing the game I'm watching Adams name doesn't come up. Lastly other than the passing game there's tackling and I'm not saying Heath is as good as Adams because he isn't but Heath has 1 less tackles than Adams. So Adams is not that great on pass defense and has just one more tackle than Heath and maybe that's why when the announcers and analysts mention safeties Adams is not mentioned.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First on your list I see TWO other SS listed before Adams. Second I'll say it again whenever I hear announcers and/or analysts talk about safeties I seldom or never hear Adams mentioned. The only time I hear his name is if the game I'm watching is a jets game, but when watching other games and safeties are mentioned that play for teams not playing the game I'm watching Adams name doesn't come up. Lastly other than the passing game there's tackling and I'm not saying Heath is as good as Adams because he isn't but Heath has 1 less tackles than Adams. So Adams is not that great on pass defense and has just one more tackle than Heath and maybe that's why when the announcers and analysts mention safeties Adams is not mentioned.

"I don't hear his name mentioned........" might be the worst player evaluation I've ever heard. Have you ever considered just saying "i'm not familiar with the player" and leave the opinions to folks who actually follow football? Just FYI, PFF has Adams ranked 4th in pass coverage. So any comparison to Heath whose ranked 50th in pass coverage is pure garbage. Total tackles mean nothing in regard to the safety position.

The FACT is that he's only a 3rd year player coming off an all-pro season despite the fact he plays for the Jets which doesn't exactly work in his favor. Your evaluation of Adams is not credible and puts you on a real short bus.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
"I don't hear his name mentioned........" might be the worst player evaluation I've ever heard. Have you ever considered just saying "i'm not familiar with the player" and leave the opinions to folks who actually follow football? Just FYI, PFF has Adams ranked 4th in pass coverage. So any comparison to Heath whose ranked 50th in pass coverage is pure garbage. Total tackles mean nothing in regard to the safety position.

The FACT is that he's only a 3rd year player coming off an all-pro season despite the fact he plays for the Jets which doesn't exactly work in his favor. Your evaluation of Adams is not credible and puts you on a real short bus.

I see your reading skills aren't to sharp. At no time did I say Heath's pass coverage was better than Adams. Maybe read things a couple of times until you understand it. I said that Heath has 1 less tackles than Adams this season. So just because announcers and analysts don't mention him so I don't know who he is? I've watch football since the Cowboys very first game and have played it all the way into college. I mumble more about football in my sleep than what you know. Just so you know the Cowboys came into the league Jan, 28, 1960 and played their first game Sept. 24, 1960 against the steelers.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see your reading skills aren't to sharp. At no time did I say Heath's pass coverage was better than Adams. Maybe read things a couple of times until you understand it. I said that Heath has 1 less tackles than Adams this season. So just because announcers and analysts don't mention him so I don't know who he is? I've watch football since the Cowboys very first game and have played it all the way into college. I mumble more about football in my sleep than what you know. Just so you know the Cowboys came into the league Jan, 28, 1960 and played their first game Sept. 24, 1960 against the steelers.

You said Adams "was not that great on pass defense". In fact, thats a quote. All I did was prove you wrong. I threw Heath in there b/c you brought him up. Number of Tackles is a meaningless stat in regard to safeties. Nobody ranks safeties by the number of tackles. Obviously, coverage safeties like Adams make fewer tackles. You may mumble in your sleep but you sure as heck don't know much. lol

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You said Adams "was not that great on pass defense". In fact, thats a quote. All I did was prove you wrong. I threw Heath in there b/c you brought him up. Number of Tackles is a meaningless stat in regard to safeties. Nobody ranks safeties by the number of tackles. Obviously, coverage safeties like Adams make fewer tackles. You may mumble in your sleep but you sure as heck don't know much. lol

If you read as well as you claim then you would have also read that I compared Adams pass defense to Jones where he played his first 3 seasons when he was drafted by the Cowboys. Jones was not a great safety and yet he had as many picks as Adams has and 1 more pass defense than Adams has So a average safety Jones has the same numbers in the passing game and Heath has the same in tackles and other than pass defense and tackling do you say a safety does? Yet you stick to Adams as this super safety but his numbers are the same as average safeties.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you read as well as you claim then you would have also read that I compared Adams pass defense to Jones where he played his first 3 seasons when he was drafted by the Cowboys. Jones was not a great safety and yet he had as many picks as Adams has and 1 more pass defense than Adams has So a average safety Jones has the same numbers in the passing game and Heath has the same in tackles and other than pass defense and tackling do you say a safety does? Yet you stick to Adams as this super safety but his numbers are the same as average safeties.

Jones was a bad safety which is why he was moved to CB. He never made a pro bowl as a safety or even sniffed an all-pro team . So, your comparison is laughable. You might have to consider that safeties are judged by more than INTs........as i've said about 3 times. You can a read a stat page but sure you sure as heck don't know what you are looking at on the field.

I'll help you piece this together. In 2010, Darrelle Revis was the best CB in the NFL.....wait for it.........wait for it........he had ZERO INTs. Mind blown right? How can that be?

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jones was a bad safety which is why he was moved to CB. He never made a pro bowl as a safety or even sniffed an all-pro team . So, your comparison is laughable. You might have to consider that safeties are judged by more than INTs........as i've said about 3 times. You can a read a stat page but sure you sure as heck don't know what you are looking at on the field.

I'll help you piece this together. In 2010, Darrelle Revis was the best CB in the NFL.....wait for it.........wait for it........he had ZERO INTs. Mind blown right? How can that be?

What you said about Jones is EXACTLY why I chose him and his stats. That Adams stats are the same as a below average safety. So stats don't mean anything? So when Elliott's stats in 2016 and 2018 that said he lead the league in rushing really didn't prove that he was the best rusher in those years? Darrelle Revis was a really good CB but who is it that proclaimed him the best in 2010, you? Just so you know, in 2010 Revis was in the 4th year of a 6 year contract and sat out the entire training camp and preseason for a new contract. He reported a week before the season opener. In week 2 he left the game with a hamstring injury and missed 2 weeks. In week 5 he reaggrivated it against the vikings and again left the game. The following week was the jets bye week and the next week he was activated to the active roster 2 hours before kickoff against the broncos. So you say Revis was the best CB in 2010 when he play much of the season with a strained hamstring which he and the team both admitted affected his play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What you said about Jones is EXACTLY why I chose him and his stats. That Adams stats are the same as a below average safety. So stats don't mean anything? So when Elliott's stats in 2016 and 2018 that said he lead the league in rushing really didn't prove that he was the best rusher in those years? Darrelle Revis was a really good CB but who is it that proclaimed him the best in 2010, you? Just so you know, in 2010 Revis was in the 4th year of a 6 year contract and sat out the entire training camp and preseason for a new contract. He reported a week before the season opener. In week 2 he left the game with a hamstring injury and missed 2 weeks. In week 5 he reaggrivated it against the vikings and again left the game. The following week was the jets bye week and the next week he was activated to the active roster 2 hours before kickoff against the broncos. So you say Revis was the best CB in 2010 when he play much of the season with a strained hamstring which he and the team both admitted affected his play.

Missed the point again. The point of Revis having 0 INTs is that you can't JUST look at stats. You have to actually watch the players on the field and put the stats into context. 0 INTS can be a stat shared by the best and worst CB in the NFL. Revis even with the bad hamstring was a CB QBs avoided and he gave up very few pass plays all season to earn him first team AP all-pro honors. Dieon Sanders is another example. He made first team all-pro for us in 96' and 97', though he only had 2 INTs each season. I guess he sucked too?

You have watched Adams play one game and though he did not have an INT, it would be ludicrous to say that he did not have a big impact on the game. He killed us.