I wanted Adams- 1st & 2 2nds? Nope-- even too much for me

Pollard is crazy good- he'd been a star in NY

1st & Pollard....... And I really LIKE #20

How is 2 2nds too much?
They're going to be at the bottom of the round

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't believe they didn't do it.
Me either. Jerrywould've probably got flack for it but that hasn't stopped him before......
Actually....you can argue that trading a 1st and 2 2nd rounders for Adams was a smarter move than trading a 1st for Amari Cooper. So to see they didn't make that move is kind of head scratching.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
A 1 and two 2's means they weren't really looking to trade him. They wanted to rob someone.

Yeah when they played the cowboys I could have sworn I spotted an open box of ski masks underneath the players bench as the camera moved onward.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wanted Adams- 1st & 2 2nds? Nope-- even too much for me

Pollard is crazy good- he'd been a star in NY

1st & Pollard....... And I really LIKE #20
Pollard is not equavalent to 2 2nd rounders especially when they just gave Bell 50 million lol.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There definitely is some negotiation room between a #1 and two #2's (alleged Jets demand) and a #1 and a #4 (our alleged offer).

Otherwise, we weren't really that close at all.

Dre11

Reaction score
Me either. Jerrywould've probably got flack for it but that hasn't stopped him before......
Actually....you can argue that trading a 1st and 2 2nd rounders for Adams was a smarter move than trading a 1st for Amari Cooper. So to see they didn't make that move is kind of head scratching.

Especially when you consider the position of those 2's

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wanted the player. But I don’t believe there is any “missing piece” or pieces.
I don't look at it as a missing piece though. I look at it as acquiring talent. That guy can play. He solidifies that safety spot. One less spot you have to worry about fixing next season or the next 2 seasons anyway. To me trading for him is more than a missing piece. Its a potential move at a building block for your defense.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Pollard is not equavalent to 2 2nd rounders especially when they just gave Bell 50 million lol.

I value Pollard like Hunt honestly

Not my fault the clapper/Lineham/the Golden boy can't

I also reserve the right to be completely wrong

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would of offered the same. 1st and 3rd. The Jets were trying to make Jerry seem like a fool. F them.
If they weren't actively shopping him, they weren't trying to make Jerry Jones look foolish. They replied with a cost they knew no reasonable person would have taken.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
That's exactly right.

Saw that after coughing up two #1's for Galloway.

Wouldn't have done it for a #1 & a #2.
Way too much for my liking as well, even like you said, with only one 2.

They made an honest effort and walked away when they should of, I'm actually happy to see what transpired today. Gives me a lil more hope for the future.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yup. Today was yet another instance where the front office wasn't committed to getting a safety, and was just trolling the fanbase. Or some say. :rolleyes:

The fact they called the Jets means they must have been confused on his value. What did they think they were going to do? Trade a one and that is it?

The Fitzpatrick trade pretty much set the market and Adams is a better player.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Jets were not serious about trading him then, that is a dumb asking price. Correct call from the FO, but it is obvious to any NFL team that is outrageous trade compensation.