Jets-Boys discuss trade for Julius Jones

Manster54

Reaction score
BroGreg said:
I'm willing to give the guy another year.
I say this because it has been obvious since Emmitt's leaving that we have a problem RUN BLOCKING. I don't care who you put back there you need to be able to run block. Unless you want to ask the BUS to come out of retirement to run over people.

Will you guys say the same thing if Reggie gets hurt?
I don't think so, especially if he has RUN BLOCKING support.

Without the blocking support you can't run obvious plays over and over and over.

I expect big gains from him with the group we have to receive the ball downfield. I think the Double TE setup might help as well.

I think missing a #1 receiver like Irvin is what really hurt the run game because defenses did not respect the long ball. TO (much as I dislike him) will show his worth in the run game just by being on the field.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Julius Jones flashed greatness as a rookie after missing significant time due to a broken shoulder. He didn't look as good as a sophomore except for the one game against the Panthers in December, but our OL must share a large portion of the blame.

If Jones was the sort who was always complaining about nicks and bruises and always in the trainers room, I'd want someone else as the starter.

He's just had a pair of unfortunate impact injuries each season.

And he's shown he can handle whatever workload Parcells decides to give him.

Defenses should be more succeptible to the run given our new threats in the passing game and I look forward to seeing what Jones does this season.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
And he's shown he can handle whatever workload Parcells decides to give him.
Julius maybe be able to handle it emotionally, but I don't know that he can handle it physically. He hasn't yet over time.

Maybe his luck will turn around this year.... I certainly wish him the best.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dale said:
Notice it said they contacted US. We never intended to trade him.

I agree...just a story that Jones haters have grasped ahold of in hopes of there actually being some truth to it

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt said:
Thank God this didn't happen.

I'll second that...

Jones has 1300-1500 yd a yr potential, and there's a good chance we'll see him get that this yr

David

cleverusername

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
With the knowledge the Boys are willing to part ways with JuJo, keep a this Day 2 prospect in mind: Taurean Henderson, Texas Tech, ave. 1,325 total yards per season (4 year career) and 17 TDs per season. Great pass catching abilities out of the backfield

We should bring this guy in as a UDFA. He is the complete package...run, catch and pass block. Plays with heart. Most under rated RB in Big 12.

Dwayne Slay too. He would challange Davis as ST kamakazie.

Reaction score
This is definitely a make or break year for Julius Jones but people fail to realize that he has more yards in his first two seasons than Emmitt did, NOT saying he is on his way to being great or anything but... I like to look at the entire picture when you're talking about giving up on a young runningback with that much talent.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
this should light a fire under Julius. I like it.

no fire needs to be lit under julius jones... His injuries were completely unrelated... and if you saw how he was injured either times... you would know most people in the nfl would have been out for an entire season rather than just the amount of games he missed.

Someone rolled his ankle over in the giants game, and he got hurt initially in the preseason I believe when he got a pretty big hit, and hurt his shoulder or collar bone even further during the season.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
This is definitely a make or break year for Julius Jones but people fail to realize that he has more yards in his first two seasons than Emmitt did, NOT saying he is on his way to being great or anything but... I like to look at the entire picture when you're talking about giving up on a young runningback with that much talent.

ummm emmitt had 937 yards his rookie year and 1500 his sophmore year, so your kinda wrong about him having more yards than emmitt did . . .

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CantonBound08 said:
I think he runs with a lot of heart. I didn't think he seemed to have a whole lot of speed though. I think he could be productive, but I don't think I would want to build a team around him.

I like him as a change of pace and compliment player though.
seems pretty familiar to a former running backs critizisim......

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
no fire needs to be lit under julius jones... His injuries were completely unrelated... and if you saw how he was injured either times... you would know most people in the nfl would have been out for an entire season rather than just the amount of games he missed.

Someone rolled his ankle over in the giants game, and he got hurt initially in the preseason I believe when he got a pretty big hit, and hurt his shoulder or collar bone even further during the season.
Injuries aren't my only concern with Julius, well it is but i'm not worried. I don't like the fact that Julius doesn't break a lot of tackles. I've been watching the Emmitt and Julius highlight videos lately and the one thing that keeps grabbing my attention is the fact that Emmitt used his hands more to keep defenders away from him. He constantly had guys reaching out for him and he kept them away just by slapping his pursuers arms/hands away. Julius is way quicker and elusive than Emmitt. I just want to see this kid run through a few more arm tackles. Even when they get a hand on the thighs, I want to see him be more physical with the defenders. I'm not asking that he run over guys as he's not that type of back. Hopefully the added muscle he was asked to add to his lower body helps. I'd still like to see him do more with that free hand.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I'm just glad that trade didn't go down. i like JJ alot and I think we will shine him shine on a consistent basis this season...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
I'm just glad that trade didn't go down. i like JJ alot and I think we will shine him shine on a consistent basis this season...

JJ in every aspect reminds me of Fred Taylor including the fact that neither can stay healthy. but everything else 2.

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
ummm emmitt had 937 yards his rookie year and 1500 his sophmore year, so your kinda wrong about him having more yards than emmitt did . . .

In the games played department buddy....