Jets call and offer you a 2nd for Lance

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry would say no. He thinks he made a genius move and now has a new pet cat.
"Now Coach Mac... I know you ain't touching my boy."

giphy.gif

stiletto

Reaction score
Our owner is the only one dumb enough to give a 4 for Lance. He's worse than Zach Wilson.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
0 turnovers. See Josh Allen.
0 turnovers does not equal great QB play. There’s two ends of the spectrum. Play too conservatively and miss almost 50% of your throws is bad. Turning the ball over multiple times like Allen is also bad. Both QBs get paid too much for either one of these horrid scenarios.

TheDank

Reaction score
Jets 2’s and 1’s are locked up from the Rodgers trade since the pick conveys at the end of the season. Instantly flipping a 4 for a 3 wouldn’t be bad either though.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That all comes down to what the coaching staff thinks of him and what he can develop into. But Trey Lance isn't that much different than Wilson at this point.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
0 turnovers does not equal great QB play. There’s two ends of the spectrum. Play too conservatively and miss almost 50% of your throws is bad. Turning the ball over multiple times like Allen is also bad. Both QBs get paid too much for either one of these horrid scenarios.
So your argument is that a QB should not be playing conservatively when his team is up 33-0 in the middle of the 3rd quarter in the driving rain? I guess that's one approach.

kento40

Reaction score
To be honest with that defense the Jets only really need a bus driver at qb. They could probably win eight games with Cooper Rush.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ok now account for drops. 70% completion for 175 and TD (who knows what happens if Ferguson doesn't drop the third-and-8) is a very different line, and far more reflective of how Dak played.

The idea that he "missed" half his throws is so stupid.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Jerry would say no. He thinks he made a genius move and now has a new pet cat.
If someone offered Jerry a 2nd for the same guy he got for a 4th 2 weeks prior then I hate to break your heart on this bubs...it would indeed have been a genius move.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Jets aren’t about to trade for another QB after giving up a first and a second for Rodgers. They gave up three picks for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be honest with that defense the Jets only really need a bus driver at qb. They could probably win eight games with Cooper Rush.
I don’t even think it’s just the defense. They have some good players on offense. Run blocking seems ok but pass protection is an issue. But they spent a lot at receiver and Garrett Wilson looks legit.

montgod

Reaction score
At this point, I see them giving Carolina a call first for Dalton, maybe even Hou for Mills, or Ind for Minshew. Decent vets who can step in and do slightly better than average if Wilson implodes again. Trey is still developing and they'd be repeating what they already did with Wilson the last 2 years so I don't think that phone call is coming anytime soon.