Jets S Jamal Adams Requesting a Trade?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not every guy who requests/demands a trade is actually going to get one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One, he greatly improves your team's chance of competing for a championship immediately.

Two, he's under contract through 2021 once team exercises his 5th year option.

If there was a way to guarantee that he would finish out the rookie contract including the 5th year option, then a 1st would be reasonable but there is no method do do that.

He makes way more sense than MFitz would have for the Cowboys because he would play SS and has SS size at 214 pounds and is 6'0 or 6'1.

Also he has very long arms which is something that Kris Richard really likes. MFitz has below average arm length.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not every guy who requests/demands a trade is actually going to get one.
The Jets thought they were going to be good. They signed Le'veon Bell to what amounts to a 2 year contract.

Once they realize that they're not close to a contender, then they might start looked to trade him. IIRC the trade deadline is Oct 29.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If there was a way to guarantee that he would finish out the rookie contract including the 5th year option, then a 1st would be reasonable but there is no method do do that.

He makes way more sense than MFitz would have for the Cowboys because he would play SS and has SS size at 214 pounds and is 6'0 or 6'1.

Also he has very long arms which is something that Kris Richard really likes. MFitz has below average arm length.
Adams is already an elite safety.

Minkah has the potential to be an elite slot safety.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adams is already an elite safety.

Minkah has the potential to be an elite slot safety.

I don't know if that matters because regardless of the quality of MFitz at positions other than SS, the Cowboys like Woods at FS and have better than average depth at CB.

If the Cowboys really wanted a FS or FS/CB type player they would have drafted Thornhill.

Even if MFitz projected to be an elite outside CB, that is a need for next season at which point MFitz is just 1 season away from demanding a new contract if he really did perform as an elite CB.

My basic point is that it's funny that there was such a huge number of posts and threads about trading for MFitz but far fewer with regards to Adams despite the fact that Adams makes 100x more sense for the Cowboys.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
My basic point is that it's funny that there was such a huge number of posts and threads about trading for MFitz but far fewer with regards to Adams despite the fact that Adams makes 100x more sense for the Cowboys
I think that would change if the Jets acknowledge the possibility of trading him.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I like Adams, but just 1 INT in 34 games is not a ballhawk type of safety. Isn't that what we are looking for?

By comparison, Earl Thomas had 7 INT's in his first 2 seasons.

Last edited:

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I would burn a first on Adams easily.

I'm glad you are in such a giving mood. You know I wasn't sure a guy that was drafted 6th overall and exceeded all expectation was worth a low 1st rounder.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Cryptic. Hard not to notice that Dallas Stars tattoo though..

EE8f5FSWwAECdvN

Last edited: