News: Jihad Ward Video Scouting Report

CCBoy

Reaction score
Still wasting text blocks sunshine? I think i was clear..

Let's see, you implied that he is a failure in his past. He doesn't meet Cowboys need. He doesn't project to fill what you gauge as adequate beyond attempting to be a #3 tackle for Dallas.

You no where define the difference in attributes that makes for an optimum defensive tackle and what differentiates need for both the #3 and #1 Cowboys tackle positions.

You really don't provide your own standard for technique or ability beyond stating that he won't fill a 'real' role as a #1 tackle in the Dallas defense. Then add that Irving probably needs Lawrence to be effective as well. Without stating the limiting elements there as well.

Sorry, the scheme for Dallas is set and the days of not addressing positional needs as an outcome of Jerry Jones just being hard headed...are by gone.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, I dont trust Stephen..I think they liked ward out of college, or at least Marinelli did. When your Gm all but says we will not draft a 1 tech that doesnt display 3 tech properties, then doesnt draft a tackle, most likely because he believes another teams player who has underperformed is better than prospects who have played the one with at least some kind of skill..He didnt trade for a one or a potential 1..

So, the efforts in judging potential coming out of college suddenly disappears and also, the scouting department for the Cowboys also, don't understand what they are doing, huh?

You still don't specify specifics beyond they don't and he doesn't.

The of business principals is investing millions in something they really don't think will succeed...is that really what you think of the Cowboys?

I think the team knows exactly what they are doing, and counting upon a team effort of youthful and coached elements to achieve aggressive success. You think that Ward just doesn't have any guts or lacks NFL ability?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Still wasting text blocks sunshine? I think i was clear..

I'm a Veteran of 23 years...and don't wear a label of sunshine. Ever serve?

Explain to me what having another's six means?

Billyd

Reaction score
Let's see, you implied that he is a failure in his past. He doesn't meet Cowboys need. He doesn't project to fill what you gauge as adequate beyond attempting to be a #3 tackle for Dallas.

You no where define the difference in attributes that makes for an optimum defensive tackle and what differentiates need for both the #3 and #1 Cowboys tackle positions.

You really don't provide your own standard for technique or ability beyond stating that he won't fill a 'real' role as a #1 tackle in the Dallas defense. Then add that Irving probably needs Lawrence to be effective as well. Without stating the limiting elements there as well.

Sorry, the scheme for Dallas is set and the days of not addressing positional needs as an outcome of Jerry Jones just being hard headed...are by gone.

I said Stephen..Not JJ who is the defacto on draft day with Clay..I can pinpoint JJs influence or not thru stephen..And when he opens mouth and inserts football in it..I believe he should be held accountable..WARD is not a one..If you look at the roster and i believe someone pointed it out, We have Brice, ash at the one, A question mark with Collins as will he be healthy start of the season, Irving who is not a one, but who plays there for mismatch at times and Then the rest are Three/ends that is concerning.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I said Stephen..Not JJ who is the defacto on draft day with Clay..I can pinpoint JJs influence or not thru stephen..And when he opens mouth and inserts football in it..I believe he should be held accountable..WARD is not a one..If you look at the roster and i believe someone pointed it out, We have Brice, ash at the one, A question mark with Collins as will he be healthy start of the season, Irving who is not a one, but who plays there for mismatch at times and Then the rest are Three/ends that is concerning.

Why? The dominant defense for Dallas is now a package...which is on the field, most.

Now which do the Dallas scouts and coaches prefer, a trash can full of dirt, or penetration?

Billyd

Reaction score
So, the efforts in judging potential coming out of college suddenly disappears and also, the scouting department for the Cowboys also, don't understand what they are doing, huh?

You still don't specify specifics beyond they don't and he doesn't.

The of business principals is investing millions in something they really don't think will succeed...is that really what you think of the Cowboys?

I think the team knows exactly what they are doing, and counting upon a team effort of youthful and coached elements to achieve aggressive success. You think that Ward just doesn't have any guts or lacks NFL ability?

WHEN a player is out of college and in the pros a few years, id say their experience there is not their true ability anymore..Did they flash a ability in your scheme then? Maybe but unless they flashed it in the pros, then you evaluate that..Is he capable...maybe, but not because of college now..In other words he has had the opportunity to compete against Nfl players..Could he just not be good enough against nfl talent, or out of position, or not motivated properly..In the nfl most are, they are just not applying there skills..SO Rod either can get his skill out of him or he cant..Its up to WARD..But he is not a one..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jihad Ward Video Scouting Report
http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...115802/jihad-ward-video-scouting-report.html/

Jihad Ward
  • Illinois Big Ten
  • 5.11 sec 40 yd dash
  • 20 reps bench press
  • 25″ verticle
  • 11″ broad jump
  • 7:38 sec 3 cone drill
  • 4.63 sec 20 yd shuttle
  • 6’5″
  • 33 7/8″ arm length
  • 207 lbs
  • 8 3/8″ hands
Just 24 years old the above information is from his NFL combine yet the (very) young man has kept himself fit as the Cowboys currently list him at 295 lbs. Drafted in the second round by the Oakland Raiders and miscast as a defensive end Ward doesn’t have that elite pass rusher jump the top flight DE’s in the NFL have. He’s not slow, he’s just not Von Miller quick and it’s a matter of mere moments and a fingernail’s distance that separate backups, starters, and elites.

Another mans junk is one man’s treasure and Ward may not have the skill set to excel as a pass rushing DE but he is perfect for what the Cowboys Rod Marinelli is looking for in a 1-tech for his defense. Rod wants his 1-techs to do more than just eat space. Marinelli wants them to be able to handle run stopping duties but also have “disruption jump” as well. In his D everyone can get to the QB or disrupt the running game from the offensive side of the ball and that job requirement suits Jihad Ward to a T...

Oh, and he's a second round drafted player...

Right on, mate! Woohoo. He could become another Rico!!!!

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right on, mate! Woohoo. He could because me another Rico!!!!

Maybe you would like to pick up the ball and explain the Cowboys technique for scouting talent; their scheme requirements; and whether Ward is coachable and a valid journeyman under Marinnelli and Lett...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe you would like to pick up the ball and explain the Cowboys technique for scouting talent; their scheme requirements; and whether Ward is coachable and a valid journeyman under Marinnelli and Lett...
No, mate. I leave me observations to higher, teutonic tendencies like yours. You are so much more ... astute.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hopefully dallas can get him to turn a corner. Not sure he makes the roster at this point.

CCBoy

Reaction score
1-Technique (4-3 NT) – Pat Williams

The 1-technique does much the same as the 0-technique, except he is shaded over the inside shoulder of one of the guards, and is rarely expected to control two gaps. He is, however, expected to command a double team from the center and guard, which frees up other linemen to be one on one with their blockers. Pat Williams has been the prototype for this position for years. Williams was an immovable force in the middle for the Vikings and required two players to try and shift him from the point of attack, leaving Kevin Williams single-blocked by a guard, and allowing linebackers to run free to the ball and make stops close to the line of scrimmage. A good 1-technique DT can dramatically improve an entire run defense, because he makes several players’ jobs much easier.
Alternative prototypes: Haloti Ngata, Antonio Dixon, Colin Cole

3-Technique (4-3 Pass Rush Tackle) – Tommy Kelly

Probably the most well known of the defensive techniques, the 3-technique lines up shaded to the guard’s outside shoulder, ready to shoot the B-gap on his side of the formation. Various line shifts and defensive schemes have been developed with the express purpose of getting the 3-technique the most beneficial situation possible, which is why guys like Warren Sapp, John Randle, Keith Millard and now Ndamukong Suh have been able to rack-up sack numbers. The 4-3 Under front, discussed in our article on Hybrid defenses, was designed to isolate the weak side guard 1-on-1 with the 3-technique (or under) tackle. This player’s job is to penetrate the line of scrimmage through his B-gap and disrupt plays in the backfield, whether pass or run. Unlike the first two tackle positions, the 3-technique relies far more on speed and agility than brute strength. Oakland’s Tommy Kelly is arguably the NFL’s prototype for the position. At 6’6 and 300lbs he is quick, nimble and has the kind of burst off the ball that can make it tough for a blocker to recover position.
Alternative prototypes: Kevin Williams, Shaun Rogers, Kyle Williams

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/defensive-line-techniques-the-prototypes

waldoputty

Reaction score
That's my job your talking about :mad:
:lmao:
so sensitive.
go for an upgrade.
usc, rated #1, has better cheerleader uniform designers

hot-usc-trojans-sosng-girls-683x1024.jpeg