Jim Harbaugh time management

rcaldw

Reaction score
Burns a timeout to START THE 2ND HALF! Can't happen, right?

rcaldw

Reaction score
I just enjoy pointing out the shortsightedness and hypocrisy of those who want to micro-critique every time they perceive Garrett has game management issues, and completely ignore the exact same issues (or even worse) from their heroes.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I just enjoy pointing out the shortsightedness and hypocrisy of those who want to micro-critique every time they perceive Garrett has game management issues, and completely ignore the exact same issues (or even worse) from their heroes.

if it causes them the game then its a problem!

Trajan

Reaction score
“If we don’t have him, we don’t get payback for all the miscues and losses and criticism of sideline management." - Jerry

So, you are calling Jerry out ?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
You got that right!

Brooksey

Reaction score

They are in the playoffs, we are not because of the repeated gaffes.... Major difference.

rcaldw

Reaction score
if it causes them the game then its a problem!

No, no, no. It makes no difference. Believe me, I spend time around here. It doesn't matter if we win or lose. When we won at Washington we had an ENTIRE THREAD in this place talking about how Romo kept Garrett from calling a timeout too early.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The quarterback forgot his arm play sheet. Hardly a coaching gaffe.

I can guarantee you if that happened with us people would be saying that it was Garrett's responsibility to make sure his QB had his arm band.

rcaldw

Reaction score
They are in the playoffs, we are not because of the repeated gaffes.... Major difference.

Except that just isn't true. We are not in the playoffs because we played 41 different players on defense, 20 on the defensive line, and couldn't stop anyone.

rcaldw

Reaction score
“If we don’t have him, we don’t get payback for all the miscues and losses and criticism of sideline management." - Jerry

So, you are calling Jerry out ?

Yep, for listening to the fans, like many around here, who don't recognize this stuff happens all season long in the NFL. Andy Reid burned important timeouts at the end of the game last night in ways that the announcing crew were questioning. It happens all the time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't everyone know by now.
Time and clock management is only allowed to be criticized by people posting here. It is not a factor to any other team but the Cowboys.
Of course it's all Jerry's fault, because he was getting his glasses cleaned, and could not use his flip phone to call Jason on the sidelines to tell him to look at the play clock...

dupree89

Reaction score
Okay, so the 49ers botched clock management. I'm not sure how that relates to Garrett's problems. Is someone trying to justify it? Because Harbaugh botched something we are not supposed to complain about Assistant Coach Garrett's inadequacies? Lets not compare a head coach that has already been to a Super Bowl and is still alive this year to a coach that hasnt been to the playoffs, never mind a Super Bowl.
When Garrett gets his team to a Super Bowl, a lot of things will then be overlooked and accepted.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Okay, so the 49ers botched clock management. I'm not sure how that relates to Garrett's problems. Is someone trying to justify it? Because Harbaugh botched something we are not supposed to complain about Assistant Coach Garrett's inadequacies? Lets not compare a head coach that has already been to a Super Bowl and is still alive this year to a coach that hasnt been to the playoffs, never mind a Super Bowl.
When Garrett gets his team to a Super Bowl, a lot of things will then be overlooked and accepted.

Nope, trying to point out it is a regular occurrence in the NFL. It happens to every coach in the NFL. Don't forget Andy Reid just the night before. It happens.