Jim Harbaugh time management

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying our staff should be untouchable when they make those mistakes. I think it's just more of an observation that we're not the only team or fan base that deals with it.

Then it's a pointless thread. Especially when its admitted that the other coaches have more success regardless.

Proximo

Reaction score
Then it's a pointless thread. Especially when its admitted that the other coaches have more success regardless.

Pointless thread? It's a message board dude. Somebody made an observation and thought it was worth discussing. I'm not sure why you keep posting in it if you think it's pointless.

It's just a discussion .

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Pointless thread? It's a message board dude. Somebody made an observation and thought it was worth discussing. I'm not sure why you keep posting in it if you think it's pointless.

It's just a discussion .

But if some one started a thread to beat on JG it wouldn't be viewed the same way. The thread was started to point out all coaches make mistakes, who didn't know that?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
OP was probably jacked to have a reason to post this thread.

Probably thought he was going to get a star sticker for posting it.

Then everyone laughed.

sbark

Reaction score
Just win baby............winning more than you loose heals a lot of wounds with a lot of people............a lot of stuff gets forgiven or forgotten....Just win Garrett, just win, and then don't screw up game/time mngt in the playoffs.

Proximo

Reaction score
But if some one started a thread to beat on JG it wouldn't be viewed the same way. The thread was started to point out all coaches make mistakes, who didn't know that?

Wha? People beat on JG day in and day out on here. The OP was just adding some perspective as far as I'm concerned. Yet here you are continuing to post in what you yourself called a pointless thread!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Wha? People beat on JG day in and day out on here. The OP was just adding some perspective as far as I'm concerned. Yet here you are continuing to post in what you yourself called a pointless thread!

Eh I'm bored.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Both Harbaugh and Payton muffed up time management in their games. Why on earth would you run the clock down to 3 seconds when attempting a final field goal? In both instances if their field goals were muffed they didn't leave enough time to try to kick the field goal again. One day it will bite them.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Yep, for listening to the fans, like many around here, who don't recognize this stuff happens all season long in the NFL. Andy Reid burned important timeouts at the end of the game last night in ways that the announcing crew were questioning. It happens all the time.

the announcers also mentioned his game mgt as being one of the other primary reasons for his ouster in Philly

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's not that Garrett is the only one making these mistakes, it's the frequency that he makes them, especially when combined with his lack of success.

coult44

Reaction score
I just enjoy pointing out the shortsightedness and hypocrisy of those who want to micro-critique every time they perceive Garrett has game management issues, and completely ignore the exact same issues (or even worse) from their heroes.

FUNNNNY, who cares. He's been deep in the NFC playoffs three years in a row now, while Jerry, Jason, and the rest of the CLOWN SQUAD is at home talking about Chip not being ready and Ryan getting lucky. YOU'D BE A MORON, to not want the success the 49ers have had the last 3 years.

coult44

Reaction score
Okay, so the 49ers botched clock management. I'm not sure how that relates to Garrett's problems. Is someone trying to justify it? Because Harbaugh botched something we are not supposed to complain about Assistant Coach Garrett's inadequacies? Lets not compare a head coach that has already been to a Super Bowl and is still alive this year to a coach that hasnt been to the playoffs, never mind a Super Bowl.
When Garrett gets his team to a Super Bowl, a lot of things will then be overlooked and accepted.

Yes, so many people try to justify Jerry and his lapdog Jason by the miniscule failures of other players, coaches, and teams. Somehow it makes them feel better about our DISASTER!!!

Brooksey

Reaction score
Except that just isn't true. We are not in the playoffs because we played 41 different players on defense, 20 on the defensive line, and couldn't stop anyone.

We're not in the playoffs because Jason Garett is a pass happy fool whether we're up 21 pts or down 3 points, he choked away GB, Detroit and Philly by passing the ball 70% of the time and when the pressure was on more like 85-90%. Rotating 20 players on the d-line? More reason to run it. What's your excuse for 2011 and 2012?

He wants to be special, it's all about him... He wants the offense to be named air Garrett not air Coryell.

LMK if you need 7 years of stats to back it up.

visionary

Reaction score
Okay, so the 49ers botched clock management. I'm not sure how that relates to Garrett's problems. Is someone trying to justify it? Because Harbaugh botched something we are not supposed to complain about Assistant Coach Garrett's inadequacies? Lets not compare a head coach that has already been to a Super Bowl and is still alive this year to a coach that hasnt been to the playoffs, never mind a Super Bowl.
When Garrett gets his team to a Super Bowl, a lot of things will then be overlooked and accepted.

You are trying to reason with a wall when it comes to Garrett

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Except that just isn't true. We are not in the playoffs because we played 41 different players on defense, 20 on the defensive line, and couldn't stop anyone.

More excuses........................have we had injuries for 4 seasons (3.5 under your boy Opie)?

Just a question.