Jim Mora Dumb as a box of Rocks

NorthDalal

Reaction score
"Atlanta coach Jim Mora considered trying to run the clock out when the Falcons got the ball for the last time with just over two minutes left in overtime. But team officials were unable to determine how a tie would affect the club's chances of making the playoffs.

"We couldn't come up with a solid, solid answer, and I'm not really one to play for ties. ... If someone had said: `If you tie this game and win next week, you're in the playoffs,' play for a tie," Mora said."

OK so the guy is too stupid to know in advance what a tie would do for his team so he doesn't play for the tie when the opportunity presents itself today, then....he's too dumb not to blurt it to the press after the game.

It's OK for me not to know, and I don't, it's just not OK for the head coach not to know.How did this guy get one of the coveted 32 NFL HC jobs anyway? Does he have someone in the family with connections?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Geez....what is it with coaches nowadays. Play to win.

jimmy40

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
"Atlanta coach Jim Mora considered trying to run the clock out when the Falcons got the ball for the last time with just over two minutes left in overtime. But team officials were unable to determine how a tie would affect the club's chances of making the playoffs.

"We couldn't come up with a solid, solid answer, and I'm not really one to play for ties. ... If someone had said: `If you tie this game and win next week, you're in the playoffs,' play for a tie," Mora said."

OK so the guy is too stupid to know in advance what a tie would do for his team so he doesn't play for the tie when the opportunity presents itself today, then....he's too dumb not to blurt it to the press after the game.

It's OK for me not to know, and I don't, it's just not OK for the head coach not to know.How did this guy get one of the coveted 32 NFL HC jobs anyway? Does he have someone in the family with connections?
I bet every coach in the league would have been in he same shape.

jlust22

Reaction score
If you were watching that game, they showed Mora actually talking on a cell phone during one of the TV timeouts late in OT. I assume he was on the phone with someone trying to find out the playoff ramifications of them tying that game.

jsond

Reaction score
jlust22 said:
If you were watching that game, they showed Mora actually talking on a cell phone during one of the TV timeouts late in OT. I assume he was on the phone with someone trying to find out the playoff ramifications of them tying that game.

Yup that sounds right. I was watching the game and was wondering what he possibly could be talking about on that cell phone. Considering the timing of the call it makes perfect sense.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
No joke. What an IDIOT. I couldn't believe the cell phone thing. Maybe he was imitating Joe Horn.