News: Jimmy Johnson Chooses Hall of Fame Presenters

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Class acts, the both of them.

Wish our brain trust would accept that it was Jimmy's leadership and style that won us those 3 rings.
That is so obvious by now. Jimmy Johnson, Bob "Waterboy" Ackles, and John Wooten built the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 90's. Jerry Jones was wasn't even along for the ride, he was passed on the road.

GenoT

Reaction score
Lol! Ok, I guess Jimmy coached for free and our FAs played for free and Emmitt didn't get his big contract etc. I stand corrected. Jimmy deserves credit, but so does Jerry. I forgot that Jimmy proved himself in Miami.
Those two fed off each other and their competitive feud is what made us great.
Of course the coach and players got paid (duh), but in their first few seasons — with no cap — Jerry didn’t have the wherewithal to overpay for talent, as he did later with Deion and others.

Jimmy’s trade of Walker, where he skinned the Vikes, is what built those SB teams.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course the coach and players got paid (duh), but in their first few seasons — with no cap — Jerry didn’t have the wherewithal to overpay for talent, as he did later with Deion and others.

Jimmy’s trade of Walker, where he skinned the Vikes, is what built those SB teams.
Jimmy Sucks!!!! Lol!! That'll go over well!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jimmy accomplished a lot in a little time as an nfl hc. i'm sure the length of his career had a lot to do with his lack of induction in the early stages following his retirement.
Jimmy fell out with Don Shula, Dan Marino and Jerry Jones.
He won huge in Dallas then puttered out in Miami because he never knew NFL offense.

Dallas was a perfect storm of him mentally pushing all the right buttons, being an elite defensive mind and scout but being handed good offensive players then getting Norv Turver in to run the offense.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
The one thing I will give Jerry Jones credit for is hiring Jimmy Johnson,. That team Barry Switzer took to the Super Bowl (and won it) was Jimmy's team. Nothing good since.