Jimmy Johnson famously said there are only two places you want to be in sports

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Some of you are going to be so sad when Dak’s extension is announced during training camp. How miserable can you guys actually get. :facepalm: :thumbup:
Don't be surprised if all you hear are crickets. Most of us are to or past the point of giving a damn. Anything the FO does anymore gets nothing more than a 'whatever' response.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be surprised if all you hear are crickets. Most of us are to or past the point of giving a damn. Anything the FO does anymore gets nothing more than a 'whatever' response.
Perhaps not in this thread but it will not be crickets if-and-when the extension does happen. CowboysZone is here for the aftermath, lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree for the most part but his stubbornness has practically nothing to do with age and pretty much everything to do with how his brain has always worked.
I agree. But I’m just saying he’s always this franchise his way. Since Jimmy has left. So whether it’s him being 80 or going on 30 years since Jimmy left…. He’s not changing. If 5-11 didn’t do it why would a 12 win season?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah it will be hyenas and lions when that extension is announced….nor crickets lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Indeed, would never make any of those player moves unless I was targeting a top or the top QB.
I wouldn’t either. But they are necessary if you truly want to invest and get a 1st overall QB. And if you don’t get it you at least have the compensation to do it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Purge / good word for what needs to happen.
Fans to Jerry, Dak, McCarthy and Company: :laugh:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Let me school you for a second.

Pay attention:

1. Micah and Lamb are in the prime of their careers. They don’t want to be apart of a rebuild.
It was a rhetorical question filled with sarcasm.

You don't know them so saying "they don't want be a part of rebuild" is just you guessing. But that was never the point.

Micah just finished his third season and Lamb just finished his fourth season. They are entering the prime of their careers. You don't "cut weight" of young players you recently drafted, spent time developing, and have become quality starters to trade them for picks of unknowns. Those are the type of players you build around. That then defeats the purpose of drafting.

No wonder you're not a GM.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was a rhetorical question filled with sarcasm.

You don't know them so saying "they don't want be a part of rebuild" is just you guessing. But that was never the point.

Micah just finished his third season and Lamb just finished his fourth season. They are entering the prime of their careers. You don't "cut weight" of young players you recently drafted, spent time developing, and have become quality starters to trade them for picks of unknowns. Those are the type of players you build around. That then defeats the purpose of drafting.

No wonder you're not a GM.
Oh now it’s sarcasm…ok.

I explained to you perfectly why you trade Lamb and Micah. It’s to make your team bad and be able to draft a franchise QB.

Either you rebuild or you don’t. You can’t stick one foot in and one foot out you have to commit. You can’t call it a rebuild without actually rebuilding.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The business of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club is business.

Football has, improbably, become an ancillary enterprise of the corporation under the Jones regime. Win just enough to keep the hull airborne, and sell merch.

We've been told the Joneses crave football victories, which is false. They crave money far more. In that respect, the Club has been wildly successful.
Jerry looked torn up after Dak lost the playoff game.

Dude was crying in front of millions.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There are only two places you want to be in sports at the very top or at the very bottom - The middle sucks.

If we are tearing it down piece by piece, realizing that this soft group of perennial, losers, and fake tough guys and frauds and We Dem boys ***clowns need to go —- I not only support this, but I’m actually excited.

Next year we could have a new head, coach, new quarterback, and some cap space.

Gallup / LVE / losing 10 UFAs - flush them all down the toilet / Keep it coming.
Jimmy was full of crap. No one wants to be at the bottom just because they are not at the very top.
That’s Ricky Bobby talk…..”If you’re not first, you’re last.”

We were the worst team in the NFL two years in a row, 3-13 and 1-15. It was no fun. I never want to be there again.
Tom Landry, who had 17 consecutive winning seasons, but won only 2 Super Bowls, would not agree with Jimmy either.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Jimmy was full of crap. No one wants to be at the bottom just because they are not at the very top.

We were the worst team in the NFL two years in a row, 3-13 and 1-15. It was no fun. I never want to be there again.
Tom Landry, who had 17 consecutive winning seasons, but won only 2 Super Bowls, would not agree with Jimmy either.
I think you’re taking what he said too literally. At least with respect to the bottom. Obviously everyone wants to be at the top, and no one wants to be at the bottom. But more emphatically, no one wants to be stuck in mediocrity forever. Being at the bottom gives the organization a better chance to hit on impact players in the draft, e.g., a franchise QB, and kind of slingshot the team towards the top and start the rebuild process. I think that’s likely what he meant by the statement. No one wants to be stuck anywhere except at the top.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet, y'all will still be following this franchise, still be watching this team and spending your time and money on them.

Here. A tissue or two to wipe your snowflake tears from your face. lol

Picsart-24-03-15-21-07-52-871.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

100% spot on! :hammer: