Jimmy Johnson famously said there are only two places you want to be in sports

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
People keep saying Jerry is too old for a rebuild. Why? He’s one of the wealthiest men in America, has access to the best health care money can buy, and could live another ten years or more. People living into their nineties isn’t unheard of. Some die young. Some die really old.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
People keep saying Jerry is too old for a rebuild. Why? He’s one of the wealthiest men in America, has access to the best health care money can buy, and could live another ten years or more. People living into their nineties isn’t unheard of. Some die young. Some die really old.
its not his age its his ego...

XXLMike

Reaction score
I truly am starting to believe that Jimmy Johnson is behind all of this.

Goodbye Tyron Smith - Another liability and huge chunk of salary, aging player, etc. that had to go.

The Cowboys must have all convened after the loss and decided we’re getting rid of everybody.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I truly am starting to believe that Jimmy Johnson is behind all of this.

Goodbye Tyron Smith - Another liability and huge chunk of salary, aging player, etc. that had to go.

The Cowboys must have all convened after the loss and decided we’re getting rid of everybody.
Well then dont judge me when im ready to win the SB when they kick the giants arss again week 1....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You guys keep thinking Jerry is rebuilding….a 80 year old man who has never rebuilt a team decided to do it at 80? What they have done this offseason is what they have done every every offseason and you guys are pretending like it’s something new and innovative. It disturbs me you guys are buying this crap when he just told you he was tough all in and you guys still don’t see the incompetence in this front office. Just unbelievable.
With all due respect, this is different from what they usually do.

They usually do nothing in free agency, just like this year, but they then give their own players big fat extensions so they can say "look at how well we draft, best free agents are our own". That is how Gallup coming off an ACL tear gets a bag.

This year however, is a mass exodus. I believe they have lost around 8 of their own free agents............they have never done this before, let their own walk while not signing outside FAs.

They are literally "gutting" the roster and are only handing out 1 year deals to both coaches and players.

They literally are clearing the deck for 2025 with literally a clean slate to start over with.............and this is Cap Boy doing this, not Jerry.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are only two places you want to be in sports at the very top or at the very bottom - The middle sucks.

If we are tearing it down piece by piece, realizing that this soft group of perennial, losers, and fake tough guys and frauds and We Dem boys ***clowns need to go —- I not only support this, but I’m actually excited.

Next year we could have a new head, coach, new quarterback, and some cap space.

Gallup / LVE / losing 10 UFAs - flush them all down the toilet / Keep it coming.
Going all in forces you to be at the bottom.

If you never go all in, you will never hit bottom.

ghst187

Reaction score
Purge / good word for what needs to happen.
We should’ve been in trade mode immediately after we bombed in the playoffs again.
Trading Martin and Parsons and anyone we can get picks for.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Stephen appoints a GM when he takes over as sole owner. He will get blasted if he doesn't.
Why bother, it will never make a difference. Spawn is probably more stubborn than Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With all due respect, this is different from what they usually do.

They usually do nothing in free agency, just like this year, but they then give their own players big fat extensions so they can say "look at how well we draft, best free agents are our own". That is how Gallup coming off an ACL tear gets a bag.

This year however, is a mass exodus. I believe they have lost around 8 of their own free agents............they have never done this before, let their own walk while not signing outside FAs.

They are literally "gutting" the roster and are only handing out 1 year deals to both coaches and players.

They literally are clearing the deck for 2025 with literally a clean slate to start over with.............and this is Cap Boy doing this, not Jerry.
They have done this before lol. Anthony Hitchens, Connor Williams, Conner McGovern, Amari Cooper, Chido….this is nothing new lol. I get yall want this to be something new I wish it was but Jerry is not rebuilding at 80.

For me to believe it trade Zack or Micah or Lamb. This isn’t even a proper rebuild. They get comp picks that don’t even help them this year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Some of you are going to be so sad when Dak’s extension is announced during training camp. How miserable can you guys actually get. :facepalm: :thumbup:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
They have done this before lol. Anthony Hitchens, Connor Williams, Conner McGovern, Amari Cooper, Chido….this is nothing new lol. I get yall want this to be something new I wish it was but Jerry is not rebuilding at 80.

For me to believe it trade Zack or Micah or Lamb. This isn’t even a proper rebuild. They get comp picks that don’t even help them this year.
Why the hell would trading Micah or Lamb, players who haven’t even received their first big contract and haven’t yet reached their prime, give any indication of a rebuild? Those are the kind of players who should have more time left in the league than they’ve existed in it and are the ones you build around.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why bother, it will never make a difference. Spawn is probably more stubborn than Jerry.
I was talking about Stephen when Jerry's gone. You never know maybe he just does what dad wants now but when he's running the team he might change some things. I could see him hiring a GM but you never know.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Some of you are going to be so sad when Dak’s extension is announced during training camp. How miserable can you guys actually get. :facepalm: :thumbup:
We have too many holes this is not a contending team and the draft won't fix everything. There is literally no point in extending Dak. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they extend Dak. Who cares about logic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why the hell would trading Micah or Lamb, players who haven’t even received their first big contract and haven’t yet reached their prime, give any indication of a rebuild? Those are the kind of players who should have more time left in the league than they’ve existed in it and are the ones you build around.
Let me school you for a second.

Pay attention:

1. Micah and Lamb are in the prime of their careers. They don’t want to be apart of a rebuild.

2. Zack Martin is a young man but football old. Get something for him while you can. Many contenders would love him.

3. The purpose of a rebuild is to trade your best players so you suck. Trade Lamb and Micah and you will have your chance at a top pick.

4. The objective of all of this is to get a franchise QB or have a chance at one.

Session done.

You’re welcome.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let me school you for a second.

Pay attention:

1. Micah and Lamb are in the prime of their careers. They don’t want to be apart of a rebuild.

2. Zack Martin is a young man but football old. Get something for him while you can. Many contenders would love him.

3. The purpose of a rebuild is to trade your best players so you suck. Trade Lamb and Micah and you will have your chance at a top pick.

4. The objective of all of this is to get a franchise QB or have a chance at one.

Session done.

You’re welcome.
Indeed, would never make any of those player moves unless I was targeting a top or the top QB.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys keep thinking Jerry is rebuilding….a 80 year old man who has never rebuilt a team decided to do it at 80? What they have done this offseason is what they have done every every offseason and you guys are pretending like it’s something new and innovative. It disturbs me you guys are buying this crap when he just told you he was tough all in and you guys still don’t see the incompetence in this front office. Just unbelievable.
I agree for the most part but his stubbornness has practically nothing to do with age and pretty much everything to do with how his brain has always worked.