Video: Jimmy Johnson on ROH: It'll Happen

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be fair, Jimmy hasn't delivered a speech yet. I'm sure he will acknowledge Jerry just as Jerry did him in 2017.
I'm referring to when he was told on the Fox Pregame show (I think). He gave credit to players, coaches, etc., but no mention at all to the guy who hired him. Maybe it slipped his mind, but I doubt it. I'm sure he had his list rehearsed and committed to memory well in advance.
I personally don't care either way, just looking at both sides.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm referring to when he was told on the Fox Pregame show (I think). He gave credit to players, coaches, etc., but no mention at all to the guy who hired him. Maybe it slipped his mind, but I doubt it. I'm sure he had his list rehearsed and committed to memory well in advance.
I personally don't care either way, just looking at both sides.
He was caught off guard at work and was an emotional wreck.

I feel like most coaches would thank the guys playing the game and the guys working day and night with them before thinking about the owner.

We'll see.

Motorola

Reaction score
If something happens to Jimmy before getting into the ROH, that might end it for me.
Jarrel Wayne Jones has already put in place with Stephen, Charlotte, and Jarrel Jr. this scenario:
Jimmy Johnson will not be inducted into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor until one of us (Jerry or Jimmy) passes.
If Jerry departs this Earth before Jimmy- - - he will leave it up to his children when and how the ceremony will be.
If the opposite happens...Jerry will go ALL OUT in honoring Jimmy - and the man will not be alive to bask in the moment Johnson deserves in front of Dallas Cowboys Fans specifically and the NFL media & fans in general historically.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think jerry is waiting for jimmy to croak, then he will do it.

liked the video, fun to watch.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jarrel Wayne Jones has already put in place with Stephen, Charlotte, and Jarrel Jr. this scenario:
Jimmy Johnson will not be inducted into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor until one of us (Jerry or Jimmy) passes.
If Jerry departs this Earth before Jimmy- - - he will leave it up to his children when and how the ceremony will be.
If the opposite happens...Jerry will go ALL OUT in honoring Jimmy - and the man will not be alive to bask in the moment Johnson deserves in front of Dallas Cowboys Fans specifically and the NFL media & fans in general historically.

I think your right on this .
Also not only is jerry screwing jimmy, but us fans who would like to see it happen now why jimmy is alive and well.
It would mean way more to the fans now than later or after jimmy is gone or sick or something.
If they wait, it will really be more of a insult to most fans that know jimmy.

Mannix

Reaction score
I guarantee that Booger has been waiting for a Super Bowl appearance, or at least a NFC Championship appearance before inducting him...he wants his fan approval rating at the time of induction to be high as possible...the failure of any recent success, is why Jimmy has thus far been CHEATED out of this most deserving honor. Booger does not want to stand there naked on the field listening to 90,000 + fans go APE S over Jimmy after his name is called out, while at the same getting a possible negative reaction himself. He knows that the crowds certain long drawn out reaction of Jimmy, can/may/should also be taken as a reflection of his own failures the last 25 years. He also knows that as years go by, less fans at the ROH induction will be aware of the 90's and how great Jimmy and his teams were....Jerry is calculated....if this get done, he will want fan reaction to be as minimal as possible....look for Booger to pick a date when playing a team that draws 30,000 + of its own fans to Booger World....not a game against the Jets or Chargers where 99% of the crowd will be Cowboy fans. This subject makes my blood boil like none other!!!

Last edited: