Jimmy Johnson: 'Right decision' to stick with Dak Prescott

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Watch how Romo plays this season.

We already went through that, we've exhausted the topic. You gave your opinion and I gave mine and we'll see what happens.

rambo2

Reaction score
We already went through that, we've exhausted the topic. You gave your opinion and I gave mine and we'll see what happens.
Well, you keep talking about him. He is one of the greatest qbs to ever play for the Cowboys and you want him off the team. Well then, watch what happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, you keep talking about him. He is one of the greatest qbs to ever play for the Cowboys and you want him off the team. Well then, watch what happens.

He's aging, can't stay healthy and makes too much money to be a backup. His best years are behind him and we have a solid young replacement who just came off a rookie of the year season. No one is saying Romo won't play well for whoever he plays for next season but he can't be depended on to stay healthy. I'll bring him up as much as I want and I'm done discussing this with you because it's a waste of time.

rambo2

Reaction score
He's aging, can't stay healthy and makes too much money to be a backup. His best years are behind him and we have a solid young replacement who just came off a rookie of the year season. No one is saying Romo won't play well for whoever he plays for next season but he can't be depended on to stay healthy. I'll bring him up as much as I want and I'm done discussing this with you because it's a waste of time.
Remember to bring him up when he is lighting it up next season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Umm...you said ball placement. Also, QBR is also determined by TD to interception ratio as well, so obviously a QB that takes more chances down the field, or even in general, is going to have a higher interception ratio and diminish such a rating. That has little to do your claim of Dak having better accuracy in short to intermediate passes. Excuse me for believing in the 5th best completion percentage in league history over a career of ten years (tied with Peyton Manning) as a better indicator than a single year of play.
Was going to mention that the total Bs ESPN QBR that he was using is not used by any other stats people.
Real QB rating, which also has flaws but nothing near as ra dom ad ESPN QBR, is what the vast majority use. Even ESPN themselves admit that the universal QB rating is the standard and not that goofy Espn QBR that keep trying to force on people. As soonas you find a rate person trying to use it, you kbow they found a made-up stat that firs their agenda.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's TDs or INTs per attempt. A QB who throws more increases the chance to throw TDs, but will also diminish his rating due to the number of attempts. Likewise, a QB who throws more increases the chance to throw INTs, but will also increase his rating due to the number of attempts. However, TDs/attempt are multiplied by .2, whereas INTs/attempt are multiplied by.25. That means the INT ratio has a more detrimental effect on QB rating. Also, a QB that simply throws longer passes is going to increase his chance of throwing INTs, and diminish his completion percentage per attempt which also diminishes QBR.

You don't understand how QBR is calculated.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating

YR

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Apparently no one else does since the algorithm used to assess it is proprietary.

According to Wiki:

"Unlike the NFL passer rating, ESPN has not yet been forthcoming on the exact specific formulas and procedures to calculate QBR.[5] The proprietary, complex methodology spans some 10,000 lines of code.[6] "

I conflated the NFL passer rating with QBR rating.

Regardless, none of this has any relevance to your claim that Dak is more accurate with ball placement in short to intermediate routes which is not a measure of either. So, I don't know what you're trying to prove.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Apparently no one else does since the algorithm used to assess it is proprietary.

According to Wiki:

"Unlike the NFL passer rating, ESPN has not yet been forthcoming on the exact specific formulas and procedures to calculate QBR.[5] The proprietary, complex methodology spans some 10,000 lines of code.[6] "

I conflated the NFL passer rating with QBR rating.

Regardless, none of this has any relevance to your claim that Dak is more accurate with ball placement in short to intermediate routes which is not a measure of either. So, I don't know what you're trying to prove.
ESPN QBR...the one stat people use if and only if it meets their agenda. Everybody else uses the standard QB rating...including even ESP in the official stats page.:muttley:

:espn:

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak Prescott isn't doing jack squat with Jason Garrett as OC and Felix Jones in the backfield..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak Prescott isn't doing jack squat with Jason Garrett as OC and Felix Jones in the backfield..

We don't know what he would have done. This is the stupid crap around here that is irritating people acting as if they know what the outcome would be on something that never happened. Hell dallas made it to the playoff with Qunicy friciken Carter

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
In the end, there is no way we choose a 37 year old QB who has not played a full season since what 2012 over a guy who went 13-3 and threw what 4 INTs all season.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
In the end, there is no way we choose a 37 year old QB who has not played a full season since what 2012 over a guy who went 13-3 and threw what 4 INTs all season.
Certainly not if you wanted to go one and done right out of the playoffs...

sean10mm

Reaction score
ESPN QBR is a fraud. Trent Dilfer is less of a mathematician than he was an NFL quarterback. :p