Video: Jimmy Johnson Speaks about Lamb route

Nav22

Reaction score
Here are the Dallas defense rank in terms of scoring allowed and yards allowed since 2016 (Dak's rookie season):

2016: scoring 5th yards 14th
2017: scoring 13th yards 8th
2018: scoring 6th yards 7th
2019: scoring 11th yards 9th
2020: scoring 28th yards 23rd
2021: scoring 7th yards 19th
2022: scoring 5th yards 12th

So, not factoring in the 2022 season, the Dallas defense in 6 seasons had 3 Top 10 rankings, 2 Top 15 rankings, and 1 debacle 2020 season in terms of scoring and they had 3 Top 10 rankings, 1 Top 15 ranking, 1 Top 20 ranking, and 1 debacle 2020 season in terms of yards allowed.

So to blame the defense to try and 'cover' for Dak is simply false.
I'll try to be more civil with you moving forward.

"Total yards" tells you nothing.

If a team plays from behind and is passing the entire 2nd half, they'll rack up a ton of yards. That's also why I've never boasted about Dak's big passing numbers in 2020 before his injury.

"Defensive efficiency" is a much better metric that also takes turnovers and 3rd/4th downs into account.

Here's the Cowboys defensive efficiency ranks since 2016...

2016 - 12th
2017 - 23rd
2018 - 9th
2019 - 18th
2020 - 21st
2021 - 2nd
2022 - 8th

Average rank since 2016 is 13.2.

Pretty average overall, but much better lately. Being dead last in penalties last season killed us.

Reactions: G2

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hold up....

I wasn't gonna say anything, but are you with me on the Zeke/Pollard thing now? lol
I was with you on it last season lol. Pollard is the better back. I think Zeke brings value yes but I never thought he was better especially after last season. The problem is. Our lovely owner wants his money on the field lol.

Qcard

Reaction score
Here are the Dallas defense rank in terms of scoring allowed and yards allowed since 2016 (Dak's rookie season):

2016: scoring 5th yards 14th
2017: scoring 13th yards 8th
2018: scoring 6th yards 7th
2019: scoring 11th yards 9th
2020: scoring 28th yards 23rd
2021: scoring 7th yards 19th
2022: scoring 5th yards 12th

So, not factoring in the 2022 season, the Dallas defense in 6 seasons had 3 Top 10 rankings, 2 Top 15 rankings, and 1 debacle 2020 season in terms of scoring and they had 3 Top 10 rankings, 1 Top 15 ranking, 1 Top 20 ranking, and 1 debacle 2020 season in terms of yards allowed.

So to blame the defense to try and 'cover' for Dak is simply false.
What does scoring have to do with the DEFENSE DOING THEIR JOB???

You can't make this Dak Hate up :lmao2::lmao2:

GINeric

Reaction score
It has to be exhausting defending such a lousy QB.

Meanwhile, us that don't defend his poor play don't really have to do much because Dak does all the work for us.

What reason do all of these people have to lie about an obvious mistake by Lamb?? Shannon Sharpe, Dominick Foxworth and countless others who are always super critical of the Cowboys ALL said the same thing. It was Lamb's fault for not flattening the route and running IN FRONT of the safety. These are things you're taught as a receiver in high school.

Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin are Hall of Fame PASS CATCHERS who apparently were good enough at route running to be amongst the best at their position.... so how is telling the truth based off of their Hall of Fame experience considered defending the quarterback????

Why would the have to lie about something so obvious?? Does it make you angry because your agenda doesn't make sense vs the experience of Hall of Fame athletes and coaches who ALL said it was Lamb's fault??

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I was with you on it last season lol. Pollard is the better back. I think Zeke brings value yes but I never thought he was better especially after last season. The problem is. Our lovely owner wants his money on the field lol.
The same owner that we're supposed to believe when he says he cares about winning?

The only winning he truly cares about is the Forbes rankings.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

So now we have multiple ex players (some who are in the HOF) The HC. And now the revered Jimmy Johnson all saying the same thing.

Ceedee RAN THE WRONG ROUTE!

He must not know what he is talking about. Interesting that fans here who again have probably never played a down of football can sit there and watch the game on TV and blame Dak for the INT. LOL. Mind boggling.

I don't care. I want blame Dak so al these HOF bafoons can go their merry way. It doesn't fit my agenda and it doesn't fit my narrative

o_O:confused:

GINeric

Reaction score
Fast forward to 17:30 of the Kurt Warner breakdown and then come back and tell me Dak made the right decision to throw that pass to CeeDee and you're perfectly okay with his decision there.

Much respect to Warner. He was a great quarterback. Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin were both Hall of Fame ROUTE RUNNERS..... I think they have a little more credibility in where receivers are supposed to be. That's definitely not any disrespect to Warner who is a Hall of Fame QUARTERBACK.

Aftershock

Reaction score

So now we have multiple ex players (some who are in the HOF) The HC. And now the revered Jimmy Johnson all saying the same thing.

Ceedee RAN THE WRONG ROUTE!

He must not know what he is talking about. Interesting that fans here who again have probably never played a down of football can sit there and watch the game on TV and blame Dak for the INT. LOL. Mind boggling.

No one is arguing whether or not CD ran the wrong route. The issue is why did Dak throw it in the first place when he had options wide open underneath. He is a one read quarterback and will force throws to double and triple coverage.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Much respect to Warner. He was a great quarterback. Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin were both Hall of Fame ROUTE RUNNERS..... I think they have a little more credibility in where receivers are supposed to be. That's definitely not any disrespect to Warner who is a Hall of Fame QUARTERBACK.
Okay, but you ignored everything I said in my post lol

So, I'll say it again...

Fast forward to 17:30 of the Kurt Warner breakdown and then come back and tell me Dak made the right decision to throw that pass to CeeDee and you're perfectly okay with his decision there.

You can mute the video if you want. I don't care. You can use your own eyes and look at everything on that screen and then come back and tell me that you're okay Dak chose to throw the pass to CeeDee, while staring him down, that required him and CeeDee to be on the same page instead of the possible TD to the wide open receiver running down the sidelines.

If you do go to 17:30 of that video, look at everything, and come back and say you're cool with it then fine, but if you can't at least see the big play that was missed because Dak was locked onto CeeDee from the start then I don't know what to tell you.

CeeDee ran the wrong route. Dak made the wrong decision. Both of those things can be true.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not defending the receivers that are making these mental mistakes. But, one thing I’ve noticed is while running the route, some of the Cowboys receivers aren’t physical or strong enough to out muscle the defenders. Checkout the way Michael Irvin ran his routes and compare to Cee Dee and you will notice Irvin appears to have been much stronger on the field

Nav22

Reaction score
You’re so hellbent on defending the QB at all costs. Why is that?

Ive admitted in the past when Dak has played well.
Yeah, sorry, that doesn't apply.

If several HOFers all came out and said it was Dak's fault, I'd accept that it was Dak's fault.

Jimmy Johnson, Mike McCarthy, Greg Olsen, Michael Irvin, Shannon Sharpe and others have all said it plain as day - it was Lamb's fault.

You're ignoring them because it doesn't fit your agenda. Willful ignorance at its finest.
:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Once again....I told you guys Jimmy was leaving after his last Super Bowl...period.
He was burned out and ready to go fishing.

He keeps saying it, yet folks here keep not believing it.

Reactions: G2

GINeric

Reaction score
Okay, but you ignored everything I said in my post lol

So, I'll say it again...

You can mute the video if you want. I don't care. You can use your own eyes and look at everything on that screen and then come back and tell me that you're okay Dak chose to throw the pass to CeeDee, while staring him down, that required him and CeeDee to be on the same page instead of the possible TD to the wide open receiver running down the sidelines.

If you do go to 17:30 of that video, look at everything, and come back and say you're cool with it then fine, but if you can't at least see the big play that was missed because Dak was locked onto CeeDee from the start then I don't know what to tell you.

CeeDee ran the wrong route. Dak made the wrong decision. Both of those things can be true.

Are you talking about the Packers game?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Eagles are 59-46-1 since Dak's rookie year. They won the Super Bowl in 2017.

They're 3-7 against the Cowboys when Dak starts.

COPE.
:lmao2:

...and Philly is 52-45-1 prior to this season from 2016-2021.

....the Giants are 33-64 from 2016-2021

...and Washington is 39-57-1 from 2016-2021

...but let's pretend the NFC East opponents for Dallas have been 'so' dominant and not the doormats they have been.

khiladi

Reaction score
Fhp9gZCUAAAhVdn

BTW, let’s just look at the picture again.

1. Lamb is at the 49 yard line
2. The safety is at the 40 yard line

Dak has YET TO THROW IT. In fact, the ball was still coming up.

The ball was literally intercepted at the 42 yard line by the safety. On an OPTION route, the QB is supposed to throw it BEFORE the WR breaks.

In reality, miscommunication had zero to do with Dak’s horrible play. As he delivered it LATE, while staring down Lamb making it easy for the safety to pick off. The ball is released when Lamb had already ran his post, meaning after the break.

So if he was expecting a flat route, why did he still throw it when he saw Lamb running a post?

IT STUNS ME PEOPLE THINK THIS REPRESENTS DAK ANTICIPATING, WHEN ITS THE VERY OPPOSITE OF ANTICIPATION. HE’S STARING LAMB DOWN THE WHOLE TIME AND DELIVERS LATE, AFTER THE BREAK.