Video: Jimmy Johnson Speaks about Lamb route

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, that doesn't apply.

If several HOFers all came out and said it was Dak's fault, I'd accept that it was Dak's fault.

Jimmy Johnson, Mike McCarthy, Greg Olsen, Michael Irvin, Shannon Sharpe and others have all said it plain as day - it was Lamb's fault.

You're ignoring them because it doesn't fit your agenda. Willful ignorance at its finest.
:laugh:
You’re so hellbent on defending the QB at all costs.
Your reply once again confirmed what I said. You’re obviously not worth paying attention to, so feel free to keep replying to my posts. They wont be answered :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much respect to Warner. He was a great quarterback. Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin were both Hall of Fame ROUTE RUNNERS..... I think they have a little more credibility in where receivers are supposed to be. That's definitely not any disrespect to Warner who is a Hall of Fame QUARTERBACK.
QB has to know where the receivers are supposed to be. That's how the receivers get a shot at the ball.

Not just ONE route like wr does...ALL routes..and all defenders.

That should include Dak.

Your stance is an odd defense of Dak. Of COURSE a SB has to know. AND if the ball can get there. SO much more knowledge than a single WR has or needs.

75boyz

Reaction score
Like Kurt Warner already said, the open receiver was on the left sideline, not over the crowded middle....regardless of Cee Dee's route.

And if ya scroll thru this post and read the back and forth, it seems weird the other guy can't just man up and say yeah, I see what you're saying Mountain, after Mountain has repeated himself and proven what the Warner film shows about 5 times already.

Just wow.

The defense attorneys here are hilarious, lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
In fact, click on the picture to zoom in. Lamb is actually starting to make his break inside. The ball is STILL CLOSE TO DAK’S HIP.

So why hasn’t Dak released it based on the fact it was an option route? I’ll tell you why. As far as Dak is concerned, he wasn’t paying attention to anything outside Lamb and was just waiting for him to be open before throwing it.

Everything was late as far as Dak is concerned, from reading the defense, to delivering late, to supposedly not being on the page as Lamb.

That’s why the defense had zero problems intercepting the ball.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Once again....I told you guys Jimmy was leaving after his last Super Bowl...period.
He was burned out and ready to go fishing.

He keeps saying it, yet folks here keep not believing it.
It came out of his own mouth. He said he wasn't staying in place longer than 5 seasons.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

So now we have multiple ex players (some who are in the HOF) The HC. And now the revered Jimmy Johnson all saying the same thing.

Ceedee RAN THE WRONG ROUTE!

He must not know what he is talking about. Interesting that fans here who again have probably never played a down of football can sit there and watch the game on TV and blame Dak for the INT. LOL. Mind boggling.

I know we've been spending a lot of time assigning INT blame. I think there's a concensus that Ceedee ran the wrong route which seems logical based on where the ball was going. More debatable on the 1st INT as I thought in general it was a bad decision to throw the ball regardless of the routes. At the end of the day we lost as a team and I don't think we could reasonably say this game was solely lost by Dak regardless who one blames for those ints.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Never have so many, tried for so long, to excuse one man’s mistakes……

Never have I seen so many clueless haters try to blame a QB for the D crapping their pants and blowing a 14 point lead and a receiver and a TE running wrong routes. But you and others who solely blame Dak for the loss know more than HOFer's. LMAO!!!

It has to be exhausting defending such a lousy QB.

Meanwhile, us that don't defend his poor play don't really have to do much because Dak does all the work for us.

That lousy QB, minus the two INT's that wasn't his fault and our last play in OT that wasn't his fault, would've had more than 3 TD's with no INT's, and probably win the game regardless of the D not playing well. But you knew that since you're a smart guy. :)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And if ya s roll thru this post and read the back and forth, it seems weird the other guy can't just man up and say yeah, I see what you're saying Mountain, after Mountain has repeated himself and proven what the Warner film shows about 5 times already.

Just wow.

The defense attorneys here are hilarious, lol.
There's actually 3 guys wide open on the play.

Dak could've taken either of the 2 check downs, maybe they pick up the first, maybe they don't, but it's better than the INT and could've made for an interested 4th and short call.

The wide-open guy down the sideline though is the one that gets you. Because that's a big play just begging to happen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It came out of his own mouth. He said he wasn't staying in place longer than 5 seasons.
:hammer:

Yet people will continue to say they "know" he would've stayed. He can't say it any clearer and has never waivered. He was gone after year 5...period.

Nav22

Reaction score
...and Philly is 52-45-1 prior to this season from 2016-2021.

....the Giants are 33-64 from 2016-2021

...and Washington is 39-57-1 from 2016-2021

...but let's pretend the NFC East opponents for Dallas have been 'so' dominant and not the doormats they have been.
1) Their records would be better across the board if Dallas didn't have such a good record against them with Dak at QB.

2) Nobody said "so dominant," and your attempts at putting words in my mouth are adorable - that's what people do when they have no argument.

By the way, here's where the Cowboys rank in offensive efficiency since 2016...

2016 - 4th
2017 - 10th
2018 - 14th
2019 - 3rd
2020 - 24th
2021 - 9th
2022 - 14th

Hmm. Looks like the offense has been pretty good with Dak under center, and they were complete garbage in the 1 year he missed most of the season.

Even though people like you told us Andy Dalton would be just as good or better. Oops!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
:hammer:

Yet people will continue to say they "know" he would've stayed. He can't say it any clearer and has never waivered. He was gone after year 5...period.
Some are just ill and can't have a rational conversation.

Nav22

Reaction score
Your reply once again confirmed what I said. You’re obviously not worth paying attention to, so feel free to keep replying to my posts. They wont be answered :laugh:
LOLLL someone got BODIED and is embarrassed.

I'd ignore me too if I were you, little boy.
:thumbup:

"DURRRR I KNOW BETTA DEN THE HALL OF FAME RECEIVER, COACH AND TIGHT END DURRRR"
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm talking about the exact play this post is about.

Yes. The Packers game.

17:30 of the Warner breakdown about the exact play this post is talking about.

Yeah I saw that and I respect what he said from a quarterback's view. No problem. But go watch Shannon Sharpe's breakdown of the same play...... you don't run BEHIND the safety, you run IN FRONT of the safety because the quarterback is going to throw the ball to the spot you're supposed to be.

Dak shouldn't stare any receiver down. That's not good. But if CD runs the route correctly, that's not an interception. 98% of former players and coaches on television are saying the same thing Sharpe said.

Greg Olsen, another great former ROUTE RUNNER said the exact same thing during the game while they were announcing.

75boyz

Reaction score
There's actually 3 guys wide open on the play.

Dak could've taken either of the 2 check downs, maybe they pick up the first, maybe they don't, but it's better than the INT and could've made for an interested 4th and short call.

The wide-open guy down the sideline though is the one that gets you. Because that's a big play just begging to happen.

Yeah bro,
Whether it's Warner, you or Khiladi pointing out the ACTUAL real time video evidence I laugh at those in denial that continue in defending this crap.

Zoners at their finest I tell ya, lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that and I respect what he said from a quarterback's view. No problem. But go watch Shannon Sharpe's breakdown of the same play...... you don't run BEHIND the safety, you run IN FRONT of the safety because the quarterback is going to throw the ball to the spot you're supposed to be.

Dak shouldn't stare any receiver down. That's not good. But if CD runs the route correctly, that's not an interception. 98% of former players and coaches on television are saying the same thing Sharpe said.

Greg Olsen, another great former ROUTE RUNNER said the exact same thing during the game while they were announcing.
IF you watched the video and went to where I said and looked at everything are you still perfectly fine with Dak's decision? When you look at all the options there do you believe Dak went to the right guy on that play?

You prefer Dak throw that pass to CeeDee that required him and CeeDee to be on the same page over the wide-open check downs and the wide open, probable TD, down the sideline?

Are you willing to at the very least say that both CeeDee and Dak messed up on that one?

GINeric

Reaction score
QB has to know where the receivers are supposed to be. That's how the receivers get a shot at the ball.

Not just ONE route like wr does...ALL routes..and all defenders.

That should include Dak.

Your stance is an odd defense of Dak. Of COURSE a SB has to know. AND if the ball can get there. SO much more knowledge than a single WR has or needs.

Again.... a receiver supposed to flatten the route in front of the safety when a safety is coming down. This is what their taught from the high school level..... Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin are both Hall of Fame route runners who said the same thing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah bro,
Whether it's Warner, you or Khiladi pointing out the ACTUAL real time video evidence I laugh at those in denial that continue in defending this crap.

Zoners at their finest I tell ya, lol.
At 17:30 of that Warner video you literally see 3 guys WIDE OPEN. The one down the sideline is a possible TD.

They see it too. Anybody that watches the video sees it. You don't even have to listen to Warner tell you. You can see it with your own eyes.

It just seems their heels are dug in too deep with defending Dak that they can't admit that he messed up on that play also.

jrumann59

Reaction score
On that particular play, if CeeDee was supposed to run a designated route then yes it was his mistake. IF it was a route based on where a defensive player is based on landmarks and was sort of an option route I can see why CeeDee went more post than square in there was no one over the top of that safety.