Jimmy Johnson to talk about Irvin's scissor attack on Dan Patrick show

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2285580 said:
Are you reading that Book for some Ammo when you come here?:)

I love reading anything about football, in particular the stuff you don't see on Sunday. One of many football books I have read. As for ammo, well there isn't really anything too surprising in there unless you live this life of thinking that ballplayers show up and play ball only

zrinkill;2285688 said:
Its because Commander fans are more interested in the Cowboys than they are their own team ....

Don't flatter yourself too much

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the Excerpts Nav22. Very interesting. May go check it out at the library.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
- Chad Hennings once beat the crap out of Charles Haley after Haley was razzing him. He had had enough of Haley's crap and ran out of patience. Haley didn't mess with Chad much after that.

- Aikman did not like Deion or Switzer. Deion and Switzer did not like Aikman.

I did not know about the Hennings/Haley situation, but I know Chad was strong as a horse. I forgot who uttered it, but a classic quote about Hennings was that "he looks like he can bench press a Buick".

Regarding the dislike for Aikman, the Switzer tension was well-known but the Deion one has been underreported for many years.

It was Sanders who started to come close to calling out Aikman by name towards the end of '99, especially after the playoff loss to the Vikings, when he said some of the team's stars did not show up to play in the big games (and he clearly excluded both himself and Emmitt from the indictment). He also said it again when interviewed at the Rangers home opener that spring, where he'd run into Gailey, and had commented something to the effect that Gailey had been fired because some on the team didn't like his offense.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Jerry was boning a bunch of young skanks too. One former team employee said he was "screwing the same girls Michael Irvin was screwing"... although he might not have meant this literally.

http://i23.***BLOCKED***/albums/b372/BuffyTheFundieSlayer/Pics/brain_bleach.jpg

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jcblanco22;2285954 said:
I did not know about the Hennings/Haley situation, but I know Chad was strong as a horse. I forgot who uttered it, but a classic quote about Hennings was that "he looks like he can bench press a Buick".

Regarding the dislike for Aikman, the Switzer tension was well-known but the Deion one has been underreported for many years.

It was Sanders who started to come close to calling out Aikman by name towards the end of '99, especially after the playoff loss to the Vikings, when he said some of the team's stars did not show up to play in the big games (and he clearly excluded both himself and Emmitt from the indictment). He also said it again when interviewed at the Rangers home opener that spring, where he'd run into Gailey, and had commented something to the effect that Gailey had been fired because some on the team didn't like his offense.

Hennings is an ex-military guy. I don't think anyone outside of Haley had the cojones to mess with him, and Haley probably learned his lesson the hard way.

Deion needs to indict himself. I recall many times when he wouldn't line up man to man with Randy Moss (case in point the '99 playoff game). He would also come down with phantom injuries before some big games. Deion was more concerned about his rep based on past performance than anything else.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2286023 said:
Hennings is an ex-military guy. I don't think anyone outside of Haley had the cojones to mess with him, and Haley probably learned his lesson the hard way.

Deion needs to indict himself. I recall many times when he wouldn't line up man to man with Randy Moss (case in point the '99 playoff game). He would also come down with phantom injuries before some big games. Deion was more concerned about his rep based on past performance than anything else.

I met Chad Hennings once and he was the most imposing individual I had ever met outside of The Undertaker. I'm not a small guy and his calves were as big around as my thighs. He was rock solid and proportioned and very imposing... not an ounce of fat on him. Then you talk to him and he is very well-spoken, unassuming and polite.

I would imagine if you got under his skin it wouldn't be pretty... you have to watch the quiet ones.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
trickblue;2286097 said:
I met Chad Hennings once and he was the most imposing individual I had ever met outside of The Undertaker. I'm not a small guy and his calves were as big around as my thighs. He was rock solid and proportioned and very imposing... not an ounce of fat on him. Then you talk to him and he is very well-spoken, unassuming and polite.

I would imagine if you got under his skin it wouldn't be pretty... you have to watch the quiet ones.

I never met Hennings, but I saw him in real life a couple of times in a T-shirt. His presence was imposing. I've also seen Haley in real life. I'm 100% sure Hennings got the better end of a fight with Haley.

sago1

Reaction score
I've posted this before but Aikman got into Deion's face as early as 95 because he believed Deion & maybe Switzer (or the assitant coach who went on to become head coach at Oklahoma) were responsible for labeling him a racist and also for the alleged gay label. It was somewhere in 98 or 99 that Deion was continuing to back stab Aikman as the guy responsible for the Cowboys poor play which was frankly ridiculous.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
sago1;2287111 said:
I've posted this before but Aikman got into Deion's face as early as 95 because he believed Deion & maybe Switzer (or the assitant coach who went on to become head coach at Oklahoma) were responsible for labeling him a racist and also for the alleged gay label. It was somewhere in 98 or 99 that Deion was continuing to back stab Aikman as the guy responsible for the Cowboys poor play which was frankly ridiculous.

Again, Deion needs to look himself in the mirror. I remember vividly that he would cover one side of the field, but it may not be the side where the other team's star receiver is lined up. He would rarely go one on one with Randy Moss, and probably wanted no part of it. I remember watching the 1999 playoff game against the Vikes, and wondering why Deion wasn't covering Moss.

We wound up losing that game big. Deion pulled the same crap a lot of times, even as early as 1995.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been reading Boys will Be Boys and all I can say is that it is a must read book if you want to hear some stories about the 90's Cowboys team.

And, what's all this "I should go to the Library" stuff? Buy the damn book and keep it in your own Library...it only costs a few buck! Put down the beer and cigs, weed, or whatever for a week and you can afford it! Pass it down to your Cowboy children!

;)

Don Corleone

Reaction score
5Stars;2287142 said:
I've been reading Boys will Be Boys and all I can say is that it is a must read book if you want to hear some stories about the 90's Cowboys team.

And, what's all this "I should go to the Library" stuff? Buy the damn book and keep it in your own Library...it only costs a few buck! Put down the beer and cigs, weed, or whatever for a week and you can afford it! Pass it down to your Cowboy children!

;)

I'm going to buy it this afternoon, but I'm not giving up my body building supplements for a week (all legal, btw).

:D